Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
What? No re-imagining of Pokemon along the lines of Invictus? They could've at least given us a futuristic Donkey Kong ripoff where humans try to infiltrate and evict the giant, hairy blue knuckle walking alien residents on a distant planet from their homes to mine for a valuable ore underneath the forest, with a plot reminiscent of Dancing with Wolves and fantastic CGI effects.

In all seriousness though, I'm more looking forward to this other adaptation of the Mario Brothers on the silver screen. At first, I was kinda turned off from it when it was announced that the entire movie would be shot on green screen (I was still hurting post Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith). Then the trailers came out, and I've completely changed my mind since then.

zorrandur

Mar 8, 2010
you see, i don't really pay attention to what day it is most times, so when i watched this all i was thinking was.... this is fucking TERRIBLE! but once the "smash" initiative kicked in i was like wait a minute.... all in all though this was amusing. good job Bob

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
I can't believe some people didn't realize it was a joke at first, what the fuck?

Anyways, cool to see, I probably would've preferred a more "laugh out loud" way of doing it though. Nonetheless there was some good stuff in there.

CrazyDave DC

Apr 14, 2010
Okay, how bad is it that even after seeing the "April Fools" thing at the end, I still thought it was a legit movie? Hell, I even posted it on my friend's Facebook wall. Someone had to tell me this wasn't real! Ha ha, dear Lord, I'm so gullible and pathetic.

Jakisall

Nov 23, 2009
well played bob.

when I first saw this on the front page I beleived in 2012, for this would truly be the end of the world.

Shadowseraph

Nov 19, 2009
Anyone who didn't realize this was a April Fool's joke 2 seconds into this nonsense has cement blocks where their brains should be.

But for real though, here's the trailer for the movie. It was leaked onto Youtube 3 weeks ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TdczoetXk4

fieryhotaru

Jan 3, 2010
I knew it wasn't real when you said The Situation would be the star. Kesha as Peach? Looking at her face makes me want to gouge out my eyes and shove them up my ass. hideous

Jeremy Oakes

Apr 4, 2011
Dear sweet lord, was fine until I heard "Nova Scotia" brutally mispronounced. No-va Sco-sha! Where did this "sheeeeeee-a" come from???? =P funny Bob... funny. Make fun of my home province while you're at it tearing apart super Mario Bros =P

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
you had me going "wtf" all the way through and laughing my ass off. nice references and good april fools joke.

Fleaman

Nov 10, 2010
I raged for FOUR MINUTES.

After coming over from looking at what Blizzard did for the first. These two things were temporally adjacent.

I am a goddamn idiot.

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
OH my GOD that was so Funny. I knew it the minute I saw the title that it was an April Fool's joke but man was that hilareous! Thanks Bob I needed that.

FaithorFire

Mar 14, 2010
Monty McDougal said:
Yeah is was a really funny joke. but it was kinda copying the fake zero punctuation duke nukem forever
I actually thought this one was much more obvious than the ZP's DNF "review". I assumed it was an April Fools joke when I first saw the title pop up on the homepage banner.

MechmanZero

Sep 13, 2008
I figured within a minute in that is was a joke video, but dear God, Bob, I think I killed some brain cells there to make it all the way through that.

SanguineSymphony

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah when I realized you weren't talking about some rare work print cut of the original I knew you were BSing (not like that makes me special). As for this being parody so are those AWFUL _____ Movie movies. This was only slightly better. I got a good chuckle out of your Smash Initiative reference but the rest of this was just boring. You always tend to use a kitchen sink approach to humor that really just feels flat.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
It frightens me that this may well become the state of video game movies over the next decade.
Still, nice little giggle there Bob.

I was actually expecting a commentary of the OLD Mario Brothers Movie! Now that I'd love to hear. I'd just need to buy a riot shield first.