Escape to the Movies: The Adventures of Tintin

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Holy Uncanny valley, he's right. UGH. I must be more sensitive to it because the "real" movements and realistic environments with those cartoony faces makes it completely unappealing for me to watch. BRrr!

All they had to do was brighten up and stylize the environments and it'd have been fine. Of all subjects that shouldn't be made this way, Tin Tin is near the top of the list.

Also, the idea that the style itself doesn't deserve to be called "animation" because of motion capture is they've got no idea what they're talking about. During my internship at a studio that does motion capture, I had to clean up sessions with the actors and hand-animate portions that weren't captured 100% correctly.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Filiecs said:
What do you mean America doesn't appreciate Tintin, I've been waiting for this movie for so long! I loved the Tintin comics as a kid, I used to check out stacks of them from the library.

SupahGamuh said:
Also, didn't Tintin's dog was named "Milu" or something like that, instead of "Snowy"?
No, it's always been Snowy.
Hehe, now I can't stop thinking about when Snowy got in Haddocks stash of booze...
I checked out stacks of them as well! I think I cleaned out the whole section once...

Also, the original French comics have Snowy named "Milou". No idea why they didn't just call him "Milo", but there you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_(character)

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
None of you have learned anything so far?

Moviebob talks about his OPINION.

"OMG you don't like that movie? Well you're wrong moviebob, cuz it has 94% on Rotten tomatoes!" (Seriously, rotten tomatoes?)

"OMG Moviebob says this movie is bad. Well I won't see it then!"

Are you people really just sheep?

Do you have no opinion of your own, so you must copy Moviebob's or some other guy that gets paid to watch movies and play games 24/7?

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
I enjoyed Tintin, it was really what Indy IV should have been. But forgetting that disappointment, Tintin was a fun and adventourous romp with likable characters and enthralling visuals (and some charming humour to boot). It's not going to blow the world of cinema away, but it's well worth the price of admission (which is actually more than you can say for most films released today).

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
BOB MUST REVIEW THE NEW SNOW WHITE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnsPDKU8fDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLvsdR7NKBc

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
What kind of ridiculous names are these? I will accept nothing other than "Tim & Struppi", and don't any of you try and tell me I'm wrong! *goes lalalalalala*

EDIT: And I'm still looking forward to the new Holmes. I still have fun watching MovieBob's videos and reading his articles, but I don't care about his judgement calls as a movie critic anymore (ever since Green Lantern and Planet of the Apes).

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Sonicron said:
What kind of ridiculous names are these? I will accept nothing other than "Tim & Struppi", and don't any of you try and tell me I'm wrong! *goes lalalalalala*
Yeah, the german version has always been in my head as well. Tintin sounds wrong somehow. I used to get a shitload of crap because of it. You can´t be belgian and tell those walloons you like the german version of THEIR comic better.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I actually thoroughly enjoyed MI:GP. It may have had a simple plot, but at least it was focused and didn't veer into absolute a.d.d. stupidity. The action scenes were tense, but not hitting over the head, and the film did what I considered an impossible mission by making me think Tom Cruise as something besides "that crazy guy who dreams of fighting against Lord Xenu."

All in all, the movie did what I wanted it to do: entertain; and not in the "duuuude, I only came for the explosions and hot girls" way, more in the "I can finally watch an action movie without turning my brain COMPLETELY off" way.

Jakisall

Nov 23, 2009
Well Bob it had to happen for at least one movie overall I've always found your opinions on movies were pretty close. Most new movies I wait till your review but not Sherlock.
I liked it, not as good as the first, and definitely heavy handed on the humor this time around, but I rather enjoyed it.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Everyone else wants to hear about Holmes but I want to hear about MI, not because I'm not as sick of Tom Cruise milking this franchise as the next guy (I am), but I liked the third one the best and thought J.J. did a great job with what he had, and I refuse to believe that Brad Bird has directed a bad movie (though if it does in fact suck, I'll dodge the issue by pointing out that he did not write this one, while Iron Giant, Incredibles and Ratatouille were his own work.

Also, I don't care how much you want Cobra Commander to look like whatever, if that isn't Joseph Gordon-Levitt again (and since Commander is not credited on iMDB, I have no way of knowing), then I'm significantly less interested.

Speaking of less interested, how do you go forward with this movie without Scarlett? Bad enough to do an "all the other Joes are dead" storyline, but to lose the redhead?!? Poor form.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Tell me why you think Mission Impossible kinda sucked...cos I thought it was awesome!

Also tell me why the new Sherlock Holmes sucks cos it looks pretty good and I wanna see it.