Escape to the Movies: The Eagle

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd have fallen asleep, too. I mean, I even manage to get bored from a lot of good movies.

And thank you for addressing your Nintendo fanboyism for me. But the point still stands against Galaxy 2, Bob. God or not. What do I care about sequels that don't add much, though? I'm playing Dead Space 2...which just added thrusters to the suit.

sailor_960

Jan 12, 2010
All these movies about the 9th legion, where the hell is the Codex Alara? Those books are awesome!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I'll try to refrain from mentioning the "Halo" part of the video and will concur, that, even for me, a guy who has never seen that type of movie you're describing, still see this as an INCREDIBLY boring concept.

So it probably is what you say it is.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Agreed on the influences of ZP and Extra Credits. They're still going for reasons beyond their fans.

The only weak link in the summer I'm seeing is Green Lantern, which is a shame because I'm a big fan of Ryan Reynolds.

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
Wow I even forgot this movie was coming out. So.... when is a decent movie coming out??

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
so, yet another Knight and Day, eh Bob? And yes, I get of people trying to make strawmen of critics too.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
To be honest bob, having seen all the Zero Punctuation videos, and having watched all your Game overthinkers, I think you easily outpace yahtzee in terms of understanding, and probably are at least equal in terms of comedy. And that's on games, which aren't even what escapist pay you for.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
So it's true, there are no films worth seeing until Sucker Punch comes out. This was my faint hope there'd be something worth watching, but alas, my fears are realized.

Oh well, more time for Dragon Age 2 in March, then.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Ah, a fellow practicioner of Yoshi-ism...

OT: Didn't even hear about this movie. But it does sound dull.

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
I really thought you would be reviewing "Sanctum." Maybe next week.

To be honest Bob. I didn't even know this movie existed until I saw this review. Now I REALLY have a new reason to NOT see it. Thanks! :)

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Even if I have never watch a movie about that subject it still looks dull as hell. Shoot didn't we already have less then a year ago?

Oh and Yoshi does kick ass but I loved him more when he made beat-box sounds instead of high pitched squeals and saying his name. I'd rather take the jet packs in Reach. Not just because I'm a loyal Halo fanboy, but because jet pack users are easy kills.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
so wait.. did hte director of the movie watch, gladiator and Zulu and just decide to randomly combine the two?

I like any movie set in ancient times so I'll probably rent it at least or buy it out ofa bargain bin years from now.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Whoah, the Halo Reach part surprised me! And that Yoshi is a god, gotta wiki that now...

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
If they had decided to go with an actor with a shred of credibility(like a younger version of Russel Crowe) instead of the guy from GI Joe and Step Up, I think this could have been a movie that actually warranted its existence.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
To everything you said:
1) I haven't seen he Eagle so I can't defend it.
2) Its ok to admit your out of touch but as someone who produces a show for the masses don't you think you should make an attempt to make a show for an audience bigger than just you? Try to get back in touch please.
3) I still haven't forgiven Zero Punctuation for the period where he reviewed gamer that he had not actually played and based all of his opinions on box art.(I realize ZP is not his name) At least I can say I am pretty sure you watch the movie you review.
4) Sometime Extra Credits is preaching to the choir I don't think that will affect how games are made. Although maybe we will see in the long run they do address things to new game devs.
5) You shows are best when you reference obscure titles from the 80's.
6) I hated this review.

EDIT : I forgot something. Lay off Halo. I'll be the first to admit its like the Matrix. The first was awesome because it didn't make sense and the more sequels they made explaining how the world works the more no one cared. But the first Halo and the first Matrix were so good that comparing anything to them even their own children is cruel. Now its popular just to bash them.