Escape to the Movies: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

KatanaRose

Jul 22, 2009
Bob, I agree entirely with all that you are saying Except for your take on virginity. Yes, Twilight is not giving the greatest message, but purity is not a problem. People who hold onto their purity are generally happier with the one they marry cause they have no one else to compare them too. Sexual connection is very powerful and can be very destructive if purity is just thrown out the window. I am not quoting a book or creedo, I am simply care about people and have been there for those who have been hurt by being pressured into having sex, or having it haphazardly. In my experience holding on to your virginity holds rewards of course not being a sank, but also avoids much pain and anguish.
Yes, its true that living life just like Bela from twilight will put you on the path to abuse cause you don't stand up for yourself. Virginity is not part of that problem. In fact virginity is standing up and saying, "I care about myself, and I am not going to just do it with whoever!"
Just an observation, I did enjoy both your twilight rants.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Couldn't agree more.

On a side note, Taylor Swift is FUCKIN' UGLY!

The severed Madusa head in Clash of the Titans looks more attractive then that. It looks like there was road construction on her face.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I don't care if I'm not going to watch the movie. I was still looking forward to this review.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I would think after the first bad movie they would just give up with the movie franchise of these terrible books, but no they've decided to make progressively worse movies. I can't wait to not see the horror that is the movies for the fourth book. Especially considering this happens:
The girl has a baby with the vampire, a messy childbirth, and the werewolf thinks the baby is his soulmate. Then there's an absolutely boring ending third of the novel and everybody lives happily ever after as if nothing much went on for 3 2/3 books.
That's cringeworthy storytelling and I just got it off the Wikipedia page. I agree with Bob, these movies and books scare me.

Sephiroth_deus

Jul 25, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
You certainly weren't the first to say what you did about Twilight's message, but I don't think you're any less right for it.
1.)Well said sir.
2.)Awesome profile pic.

OT: Bob I hope they give you a huge dose of happy pills for the next movie. At least it'll be another year or two before the next one and by then another Daybreakers may come out. Here's to hoping. :)

RestamSalucard

Feb 26, 2010
KatanaRose said:
Bob, I agree entirely with all that you are saying Except for your take on virginity. Yes, Twilight is not giving the greatest message, but purity is not a problem. People who hold onto their purity are generally happier with the one they marry cause they have no one else to compare them too. Sexual connection is very powerful and can be very destructive if purity is just thrown out the window. I am not quoting a book or creedo, I am simply care about people and have been there for those who have been hurt by being pressured into having sex, or having it haphazardly. In my experience holding on to your virginity holds rewards of course not being a sank, but also avoids much pain and anguish.
Yes, its true that living life just like Bela from twilight will put you on the path to abuse cause you don't stand up for yourself. Virginity is not part of that problem. In fact virginity is standing up and saying, "I care about myself, and I am not going to just do it with whoever!"
Just an observation, I did enjoy both your twilight rants.
I think that's his point: alone, the virginity doesn't make that big of a deal, but like you said, it give the woman nothing to compare to. Therefore, she's less likely to figure out she's in an abusive relationship.

Also I hate the word skank and people who use it. A real problem with sexism today in my eyes are that men who are promiscuous seem to have a higher standing in society then men who don't (Pimps and players and whatnot), while women have a lower standing in society then women who don't for the exact same action (Sluts and skanks). It's a double standard that's been peeving me off for some time.

jross2000xxx

Sep 29, 2009
*bows down to your truly inspiring way with words* No one could have said it better. Unless you had Morgan Freeman's voice. That would have been godly.

Gulandro

Sep 4, 2009
It is somewhat funny that as a gamephilosopher you point out haters from the crowd as a peaceful N lover, but when the time comes for demagogy, the winds changes and yet again we hear a hate speech like theese against current movie culture. You judge the thoughts it puts in the girls mind? That's good. Go see Sex in the City and guess again what kind of damned witch-bitches the women at my (20-30) age turned out to be. Personally I like the idea of the more sophisticated and thinking women. And you say they will be hit or abused by their husbands? Well, every grown up man doing that should be locked up, tortured and killed.

Faerillis

Oct 29, 2009
Bob I agree with a lot of the things you say. Yah, I despise Twilight that's not the issue.

But in what reality was "30 Days of Night" 'decent'? After 10 minutes you knew exactly what was going to happen, how each character was going to die and which would survive. Beyond that it didn't reasonably achieve willing suspension of disbelief; the light in the attic whenever they looked out would've seemed brighter than hell, those 30 days aren't all night there are dawn-esque periods and oil doesn't flow without being heated in the pipes, let alone seeping over the ground.

Gereiam

Oct 31, 2007
Hmm, so your actually saying that because i married at a young age.....im gonna beat my wife up and have crazy kids? And that everyone needs to be banged up before they ....what....commit?...marry?...live together until they get bored?......whats your idea of a good and healthy relationship? dude! movie critic aside, im concerned you have an unhealthy and strong dislike towards the godly, the celebate and or the preachy..... as annoying as they seem thier intentions are honest and good.

Are you saying we should bed the person we choose to be for life with before we make the final decision? that virginity is an unimportant joke? Sorry bro but i was just ticked off at the statment you made in the review, free opions and all.

Movie Bob says............SO WHAT!!!!!!!

Gereiam

Oct 31, 2007
TO THE GUY/GIRL WHO POSTED:
I think that's his point: alone, the virginity doesn't make that big of a deal, but like you said, it give the woman nothing to compare to. Therefore, she's less likely to figure out she's in an abusive relationship.

Also I hate the word skank and people who use it. A real problem with sexism today in my eyes are that men who are promiscuous seem to have a higher standing in society then men who don't (Pimps and players and whatnot), while women have a lower standing in society then women who don't for the exact same action (Sluts and skanks). It's a double standard that's been peeving me off for some time.

I SAY:
True, true but it may seem abusive to us. Who are we to judge them (yeah i know that statment pisses me off too because if we dont judge then there wont be no forum) this may prove the love each has for the other. or lack thereof. and is it abusive to keep one's love's family safe by moving away so one's love's family doesnt come into contact with one's...friends :p

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Its a shame that a movie like this completely ruins the awesomeness I once perceived from a battle between werewolves and vampires... Oh how things have changed.

Warnolo

Apr 30, 2010
Well, i've never been interested in this movie saga, but i enjoy a lot hearing bad comments about it.

Good job Bob.

Indiscrimi

Apr 2, 2008
My girlfriend grew up reading the Twilight books and she's been banging on about marriage for a while now (I'm 21: I'm not gonna do that yet). This review has me truly frightened. Thank you, Movie Bob, for making the influence of these movies that much more clear...and alarming.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
vivalahelvig said:
The Cheezy One said:
this film has ruined my birthday
im usually excited to see the words 30th june, but not on thaty poster
Happy birthday....want a free twightlight eclipse t-shirt with Edward on the front?
i cant think of anything that would ruin my day more :)

Warnolo

Apr 30, 2010
Bombastuss said:
I hate Twilight for what it's doing to vampires....
Come on... the vampires went to that direction since the 80s (yes, i'm looking at you The Lost Boys)