Escape to the Movies: Toy Story 3

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
flippinmental17 said:
i must be an emotional mute because i found nothing in this movie sad
Don't worry I didn't find it sad either but then again I didn't even cry during Titanic so could be emotionally dead when it comes to movies.

Jackhorse

Jul 4, 2010
I watched this movie for the first time today while babysitting and was trying desparately to avoid blubbering in front of the kids. Great movie full stop. :

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Im not wasting my time writing any mile-long explanation incase there is an interest in such an ... explanation, but Toy Story 3 is complete crap by almost every standard.

fundude365

Dec 12, 2007
I feel really bad that I only got to see this movie on DVD in the end. However I watched it on the gargantuan monstrosity that my Dad calls a TV so it kind of balanced out I suppose. Also I only spotted one of the Cameos-Bonnie owns an adorable plushie of Totoro. Seriously, that thing is so cute I was about to barf sugar.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
fundude365 said:
Seriously, that thing is so cute I was about to barf sugar.
lol that would be an interesting taste coming back out, wouldn't ya think?

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
I haven't seen Toy Story 3 so i don't know if i'll be exempt from the "It'll make you cry like a three year old with his balls in a vice" rule like i was from Clannad's and Bambi's, but what does get me to cry is pretty fucking obscure.

Toys dreading mortality... that might actually work. Last time i cried was at a movie that didn't have the whole "You'll die inevitably" subtext but the subtext of just how fleeting and chaotic life can really be. One movie, "amores perros," easily my favorite movie, has this one scene that makes me weep like a kid. You see this homeless man, once a teacher turned into a homeless criminal with several dogs, at one point you see these mournful tears come from this psycho when he sees his dogs have been killed, and i just cried right along with him, especially when he spares the wild dog that did kill them. I just love that movie and that scene, and it's not humans or sentient beings dying, it's a bond between man and animal, the only legitimate bond he has left, being torn because of the machinations of some selfish punk that turned a lovable animal into a killer. Damn that gets to me.
...oh yeah. This is Toy Story...

I actually am old enough to remember the originals quite vividly. I kind of liked it, but it tried to play to an innocence i never really felt humans or anything human had. I acknowledge it's probably fucking brilliant, i'm just not the kind of guy that can see what it tries to accomplish.

NeoGuardian86

Mar 26, 2011
I must admit i have never been that big of a fan of Toy Story, 1 or 2. Don't think they were bad, there are just a couple of other Pixar films that strike a chord with me (Wall-E, Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, and Monster's Inc being my favorites).

but Toy Story 3 definitely got to me, especially near the end, exactly what Moviebob is talking about. I no doubt think it's because of my age, 24 and while i've already gone past that stage in the story, there are still lingering cherished memories of nastalgia for the old things i used to play with.

Hannabella Doe

May 7, 2011
When I saw this movie in theaters, I cried at the end.It was the first time I cried watching a movie .But then again when I saw Toy Story 2 as a kid, I cried when I heard the song "When somebody loved me"

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
I never cried at Bambi, I never cried watching the Lion King. I cried at twenty-freaking-two watching Toy Story 3. Thank you Pixar. That's something to have a cry over, not some cute little animal's parent dying.

I did cry at the end of Old Yeller, but that's because of cosmic injustice.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
I know this is a hell of a necro post, but I just want to make a confession.
I cried at the end of this film. This film marked the end of my childhood. I have no shame in admitting that I openly cried in the middle of the cinema. I'm 17, so I was 2 when the first film came out, but that film was one of the first I can remember watching.

Me and my best friend went to see it with his girlfriend. She didn't bat an eyelid, but me and him, we cried and hugged each other in front of the whole theatre. Proof that no relationship can ever match a true bromance.

GamerFromJump

Sep 28, 2009
I showed this to my class today (I teach in China) and despite the fact that they're language learners, they were affected. And as Bob warned, I had to work at maintaining composure.