Escape to the Movies: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I didn't get to take my son to Cars 2 last weekend, maybe we'll go this weekend in part to snub Transformers 3 (the only other movie shown at that theater).

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
arc1991 said:
daxterx2005 said:
Best part about this film was the fact that this trilogy is over.
Wrong. http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/785702/transformers_4_definitely_happening_without_michael_bay.html

Hasbro confirmed there would be more back in Feb, However Michael Bay may not be directing it.
"trilogy" is three films broski

So no, you're incorrect. This trilogy is over.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
cthulhumythos said:
but the real question is, is this as good as transformers: the movie?

and is transformers ruined FOREVER?
no and yes. It pisses me off they can't show more of the autobots and their abilities, or some space stuff, or some freakin integrity man...I figure they won't do any more Transformers stuff for a while. However, I totally want to get the toys

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
meganmeave said:
So, people who like movies you don't shouldn't be allowed to vote? Wow. That's almost as bad as saying people who enjoy certain kinds of hip hop are a good reason for legalized abortion.

I didn't think it was possible to have this much bile for people who share different tastes than your own.
Having used a similar line to that before, I can tell you that it's not a serious suggestion (because we know it won't make a difference anyway), it's really just an insult along the lines of "your opinions and judgement are so thoroughly flawed that in certain contexts they might actually be dangerous to other people".

I have used this one on a guy who styled himself conservative and proud of it, and pretended that it entitled him to be a stupendous asshole. I don't think he ever understood that I disliked him not because he was conservative (many of my friends at the time were) but because he was an asshole. My last words to him were "Goodbye, stay away from the voting booths!"

For MovieBob, who doesn't actually know the people he's addressing here, meh, it's not a wise thing to say but I don't expect him to be wise when seeing how inexplicably successful this franchise is.

I saw the first transformers a couple years before I heard of MovieBob, and it became painful to watch, and even painful to listen to after I left the room. I still don't know how people can withstand it.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
daxterx2005 said:
arc1991 said:
daxterx2005 said:
Best part about this film was the fact that this trilogy is over.
Wrong. http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/785702/transformers_4_definitely_happening_without_michael_bay.html

Hasbro confirmed there would be more back in Feb, However Michael Bay may not be directing it.
"trilogy" is three films broski

So no, you're incorrect. This trilogy is over.
Unless of course...you know...they continue it...

Which they will...because it's been confirmed.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
koroem said:
ZeroMachine said:
Although I'm not doubting how shitty this movie is, I said it before and I'll say it again:

STOP INSULTING THE AUDIENCE THAT LIKES IT.

It isn't funny. It isn't witty. It isn't some great statement on how "the people are at fault for bad movies". It does nothing but make you look like a dick.

Rip the movie to shreds. Call it every insult in the book. But STOP insulting those that do like it. Personal taste in movies does not have a direct correlation with intelligence.
I agree with this 100%

I'm a Transformers fan, I saw the movie and I enjoyed it. Did it have it's issues. Sure. Do I hate Bay's take on it. Sure. Do I wish the movies were more about the bots themselves? Sure.

Is this an emmy winner? Probably not unless it is for sound design or special effects.

Having said that, while I agree with some points in this review, it is absolutely clear that this guys movie reviews are growing increasingly bias. It is almost as if he is trying to become the Yahtzee of movie reviews lately, without outright saying he is and trying to maintain credibility. Yahtzee at least has a charming humor about him when he does it though. Bob just sounds like a depressed life hater when he rants.

I won't be watching these reviews anymore. It isn't because I'm butt hurt over him bashing Transformers, or other movies, but because these reviews feel increasingly unprofessional, and more of fan boy depression rants.
I'm sorry, but do you have any idea of just how much you sound like an absolute tool? "Did the movie suck? Sure. Did it make me cough up a small quantity of blood? Sure. But I enjoyed it. Because shut up that's why." If you like bad things then that is your problem, but people do not have to agree with you and you have to learn to live with it because they will think less of you for it. Whether it's the Transformers movie or Sonic '06 if you like things that are certifiably bad for definable reasons not based on opinion than you can not expect people to let is slide and they will give you a hard time about it. Especially if you don't have an actual concrete reason. Grow up, get over it, and stop expecting people to be more tolerant of crap.

Jangles

Mar 12, 2010
So Bob goes from trashing someone who respects people who sacrifice their lives so that he can have his nerd rage opinion to looking forward to a huge "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH" movie which doesn't even have robots to detract from the absolute America jacking itself off concept.

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
Still Life said:
commasplice said:
On a related note:

I think that people taking issue with Bob insulting the people who enjoy these movies is fair.
I think it's justified considering that Hollywood take ticket sales for this bucket-load of drivel as an incentive to cash in on another sequel/rip off/disaster/waste of money. They truly are awful films inspiring the trend of awful films.
Well, I agree in that I think they're terrible and a waste of . . . just about every resource put into making them, but people still have a right to enjoy them if they like, you know?
arc1991 said:
commasplice said:
arc1991 said:
Well, for one thing, I have never, in my life, desired to hear a giant robot say, "What's crackin', little bitches? This looks like a good place to kick it." I mean. Really.
Hey i found it amusing xD

Then again i'm easily amused... hehe =3
I found it mildly offensive, and I'm not sure how I didn't notice those lines the first time I saw the movie.
SpiderJerusalem said:
Battle Catman said:
Ah, I was waiting for that.

"If you like this movie, you're a retarded retard who's retarded."
It's not like that's a surprise, Bob's critiques on "stupid, popcorn entertainment being bad" only extends to movies that aren't one Scott Pilgrim.

Let's look on the bright side, Bob's tired ranting MIGHT mean that he will take a break from his show. And maybe, if we're lucky, that break will last a couple of years.
Question: if you really dislike Bob as much as you seem to, why are you commenting on this thread? I mean, it's safe to assume you watched the review, too, right? Why not just ignore it instead of being a troll?

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I saw the first Transformers and if the "best" of the franchise was that movie, I don't think I need to see the rest.

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
You mentioned the hole "Dude, I just want to see robots fight and not think for a few hours" but you never said anything about it after that. Why? Could you not give a reasoning behind those who like that sort of thing? I'm definitely more into movies with deeper messages, subtext, believable/developed characters, and an original story, but come on. Are you telling me you've never watched a movie just for fun? You gave props to fucking Parana 3D. Is this not similar albeit to a less degree of mind numbing, poorly written fun?

Also, what do you have against the robot design? I've never understood that. The original ones frankly kinda suck, at least if they were made to look real. I guess I'm just one for over-complex design. I like all the moving parts and sort of almost tribal motif.

In short, I like you MovieBob. You give chances to those who normally don't. But it's movies like these that really show how much bias you have. You might be totally right, but you tend to blow things out of proportion and start attacking people verbally.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
I was a Transformers kid, which means I am still a Transformers kid. The passage of twenty years means little.

Transformers isn't perfect now, but it wasn't perfect when I was a kid. I remember that much. Some of those toys were laaaaay-AME.

I know this movie is going to suck. Same team made it as the other two. I must see it anyway, partly out of morbid curiosity, partly because the kid in me will vacuum up any big-screen adaptation of things I loved way back when.

Lostangles101

Jul 1, 2011
It's a shame because I watched the first Transformers movie and haven't bothered to watch the second or third. I just sort of lost interest after I kept hearing that the titular characters keep ending up relegated to the B story.

Oh well, maybe it'll be rebooted someday with someone with more appreciation for fans and the source material at the helm. For now I'm fairly indifferent to the whole franchise.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
They should make Starscream the hero.

I never liked any of the Transformers in any way. But Starscream was awesome. The only character with a role that was something other than "kitten eating evil" or "Mother Teresa good". Though Optimus does have a place in my heart for being the Toonami trailer guy.

Also, all these movies sucked. I'm not seeing this one because it sucks. What's the point?

(And I'd rather have somebody who likes Tranformers vote than somebody who likes crap like "The Reader". Just saying.)

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
It's frightening how good Hollywood has become at replacing 'generic hot girl A' with 'generic hot girl B'. If it weren't a tabloid feeding frenzy I, the viewer, wouldn't have known there was a swap.

As regards Captain America:
"That's a very nice hat" (-Bruce Willis)

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I don't agree with Bob on much it seems, but I appreciate him seeing all these crappy movies and putting the word out that they are crappy.

Transformers 2 sapped my will to live so I will stay far away from this one. Given the choice between burying my scrotum in a fire ant hill and watching transformers 2 again I would unhesitatingly reach for the shovel.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
commasplice said:
arc1991 said:
commasplice said:
commasplice said:
arc1991 said:
Well, for one thing, I have never, in my life, desired to hear a giant robot say, "What's crackin', little bitches? This looks like a good place to kick it." I mean. Really.
Hey i found it amusing xD

Then again i'm easily amused... hehe =3
I found it mildly offensive, and I'm not sure how I didn't notice those lines the first time I saw the movie.
You must hate this film then huh?

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Sixcess said:
I fell asleep when watching the second movie, actually in the middle of an action sequence, which is a first for me. I don't think I'll be seeing the third.
Same, I love robots and explosions, but the second movie actually bored me enough with the shaky cam hard to follow action and lack of plot that I fell asleep right in the middle of an action sequence. Woke up near the end to see a lot of non transformer military stuff. :(

I didn't mind the first movie though. It wasn't great, but it was at least watchable for the action/one liners (I have a low bar for humor).

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
I still feel the opposite of MovieBob on these.

The think the robot designs are awesome, I thought the fight scenes are amazing, and the movies do a great job of showing the scale of the transformers, etc.

The movie is FUN, the fights are well done, etc.

Yes, I wish I could fast foward through all the human crap, and I will once I rent it.