Escape to the Movies: Wrath of the Titans

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Wrath of the Titans

Not quite as immediately forgettable as the first one.

Watch Video

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Will probably go see it anyway. Liam Neeson alone is usually a good reason to see a movie.

Except for that version of Les Mis.

And "Anchorman 2?" REALLY? Come on that movie did not deserve a sequel. One or two funny moments at most.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh I didn't know you like Anchorman, that's good to know.

Yeah I never heard of the sequel until I saw it days ago. Class of the Titans really is a forgettable film (well I remember it being a poor remake version of the original film).

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
The Raid looks ridiculously awesome violence in plenty,wish I could sit down and watch it with my dad :)
Too bad life is getting busier by the day for me.

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
At least they have Titans in this one. I never understood why they called the other one clash of the titans, since we never actually see any Titans, nor do we see any clashing.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Never saw Clash of the Titans, doubt I'll see wrath. Same goes for Anchorman.

The Raid part would be worth it just for an MST3K riff on it.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I DESPISED the first with unbelievable amounts of Nostalgia fueled hate. I know the original was as camp and cheesy as free dairylea at the YMCA but for the love of the gods the new one just made no sense! Not to mention 2/3rds of the characters were pointless and/or annoying. I liked the action, the 3 witchs scene was good and Liam Neeson as Zeus is something I can believe as actual fact but... AAARRRGGGHHH I JUST HATED IO SO DAMN MUCH!!!

I know im just being abit of a fan boy but there are things you don't do and changing the Medusa scene is one of those things. If this film disregards the first I might give it alook, the monster fights look pretty badass.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Ack, I didn't know Mirror Mirror was a Tarsem film. Oh, Tarsem...I absolutely adored The Fall; why do you have to keep making such terrible other movies so I can't call myself a fan?

Oh, I guess this review was about Wrath of the Titans. Good thing I was never interested in it.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
It is just too bad, The Raid showtimes page has states, but not countries.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
It tells something about the Wrath of Titans when the most memorable thing about its review, is ANOTHER movie.

Serioulsy, that clip of The Raid was the definition of epic.

Jan 27, 2011
Ok, that beatdown at the end of that "raid" teaser....I was wincing and going "ow, ow, ow" when I saw each hit...>_< Just....Ouch...that looks painful...

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
Clash of the Titans was so laughably bad, makes me want to avoid this one.
I just hope Anchorman 2 doesn't get "sequel-ized" and is as funny or better as the first. Watched the shit out of Anchorman back in high school.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
On "Wrath of the Titans" Might drop in over the weekend, need some unwind time. Also, why is it that I find females in armour rather alluring? and not the shitty power armour crap. Just saying.

On "The Raid", that looks like a standard friday night down at my local, except without the choreography. But thanks for tip on its existance Bobby boy.

On "Anchorman 2".................................phhhhhhhh.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
On Wrath of the Titans. Wait Perseus had much of a personality in the first one?
On the Raid. So the trailer promises a bunch of action and fighting scenes, just like Wrath's trailer did.

On Anchorman 2 "I love lamp.
On Detention. Probably not going to see it anyway, but I'll rent it sometime from somewhere.

CronoT

May 15, 2010
Sorry to disappoint you, Bob, but I consider it a matter of personal integrity that I HAVE NOT seen the Clash of the Titans remake. It was clearly a naked cash grab of a film most people have seen on TBS and still manages to stand on its own for the most part, despite being 30 years old. The only other movies that I can give that nod to are the Star Wars films and Jaws. No other movie from that long ago really sticks in my head that way.

The only things that had a plus vibe for Clash Remake was Liam Neeson and Sam Worthington. Everything else was blah to "Oh, FFS!" as far as I'm concerned.

While you CAN make a remake and make it good, Hollywood seems to be suffering from the Michael Bay affect when it comes to remakes these days.