Escape to the Movies: Zombieland

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Zombieland

This week MovieBob revie..what the..NO NO AIIIGHH!! *uuughkkk*..braaaaiiiinnnnss..

Watch Video

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
lol so far Zombieland sounds like the live action version of L4D, it's even got 4 people on a poster looking angry just like at the start of a campaign.

I'll be taking a peek at it soon as it shows on screen in my backwater country or a decent (Russians are masters at this) pirate snags it from the cold clutches of the movie industry.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Damn, I'm at school right now and I have no headphones so I can't listen...but this first comment worries me:

slopeslider said:
This movie looked lke a good idea from the trailers. Now im skipping it.
Maybe it's good that I can't watch it, because I really want this movie to be good, seeing as that I am going to see it anyway. (A big group of friends wants to see it this weekend.)

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I was in fear that this movie will just be a typical zombie killer with a few laughs. But Bob's judgement has never failed me, so if he says it delivers, it fucking delivers! I want to go see this now, Bob gave it much better appeal than the trailer did.

slopeslider

Mar 19, 2009
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Damn, I'm at school right now and I have no headphones so I can't listen...but this first comment worries me:

slopeslider said:
Maybe it's good that I can't watch it, because I really want this movie to be good, seeing as that I am going to see it anyway. (A big group of friends wants to see it this weekend.)
No Im skipping it because I thought it would be something else. Bob said he liked it, but Im tired of pure zombie movies.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Bob, let me say, quickly, that I love the fact that you used Mr. McFeely for saying how the movie delivers.
Speedy delivery indeed.

On topic: I had a hunch this movie would be one of those ones you just gotta see, and I'm glad to see I was right! You sold me, Bob! I'll be convincing the wife in no-time!

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:

slopeslider said:
You want good comments eh? http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zombieland/

Verkandt

Mar 23, 2009
Its unfortunate that this movie seems to be a quality deliver on what can be considered a overused theme. And I might have been convinced to go and check it out despite my general dislike for zombie movies.

But I just spent the last two weeks getting completely and totally bombarded by trailers for this movie every time I went to watch something on Yahoo, or Veoh, or some other video server to the point where I am just so sick of even hearing the name of the move.

I understand advertising, but I wish they wouldn't just cram it down our throats until we suffocate on it, or at least, give us the option to skip said trailers. I have never been so happy to see a movie be released just so the trailers would stop.

arkwright

Apr 1, 2009
well thats convinced me to go and see it but will it be as good as shaun of the dead?

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Bob, let me say, quickly, that I love the fact that you used Mr. McFeely for saying how the movie delivers.
Speedy delivery indeed.

On topic: I had a hunch this movie would be one of those ones you just gotta see, and I'm glad to see I was right! You sold me, Bob! I'll be convincing the wife in no-time!
i do believe this movie is great, but i´d like to say that District 9 is probably something thats a little more women friendly. if you and your wife have seen District 9 however, go for it mate :D

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I really, REALLY wanted this movie to work.
I am pleased that it did. Currently looking up showtimes.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
That does it, I'm going to see this movie if it's the last thing I do. I haven't seen a good zombie movie in a while, and Zombieland looks like it's going to be a cure. Thanks MovieBob!