Escape to the Movies: Zombieland

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Well thanks a lot for the reassurance guys, I got a chance to watch the video now but all I'm gonna say is that after Bob's last words were uttered, I just said "fuck yes!"

Can't wait to see the movie.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Oh that's good to hear. I waws so afraid of it getting bits or fun surrounded by boring boring boring nothingness behind the premise of zombie apocalypse. Well, this weekend should be a good time to see it, or maybe next weekend, and taking on Ricky Gervais this week. Either way, both look phenomenal, so it's as much a coin flip as anything else.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
MovieBob said:
Zombieland

This week MovieBob revie..what the..NO NO AIIIGHH!! *uuughkkk*..braaaaiiiinnnnss..

Watch Video
But is it better than Shaun of the Dead?

mkg

Feb 24, 2009
I like Movie Bob's reviews, I was never really into cinema that much before, but between watching his reviews for the new stuff and AVGN's reviews for the classics, I think I've watched alot of great movies that I would never otherwise even heard about.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
arkwright said:
well thats convinced me to go and see it but will it be as good as shaun of the dead?
that is a good question, i am suprised bob never mentions it...

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
What is wrong with the soviets? They helped out the allies in world war 2 and have done nothing to usa since the cold war witch was just a giant battle of showing off each others penises, eg tactical nukes.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time, and now its settled.

Ill see it tonight

godsown1991

Sep 25, 2009
Well, I was either going to see this or "The Invention of Lying" tomorrow. You've just made my choice for me; Zombieland, here I come! Thank you, MovieBob!

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
Well I'm glad that you like the movie. I had pretty high hopes that this wouldn't be a cheesy Shaun Of The Dead/Comedic Zombie knockoff. And apparently, even if it is that, it's still a pretty good film.

I'll be seeing it soon

littlerudi08107

Sep 23, 2009
slipknot4 said:
What is wrong with the soviets? They helped out the allies in world war 2 and have done nothing to usa since the cold war witch was just a giant battle of showing off each others penises, eg tactical nukes.
What's wrong with the Soviets is that it took an ideal that seemed utopic on paper (Communism) and twisted it so that the ones in power dominated the poor and and claimed it was for the good of the people. Plus all the torture, murder, brainwashing, and exploitation of their own citizens. Why do you think so many people tried to flee East Berlin? Because living under the soviet regime sucked! They were almost as bad as the Nazis, ALMOST as bad.

Dody16

Jan 24, 2008
Huh.
I think somewhere inside of me, I was just hoping it was a bad movie.
If Bob's right, I can't trust my instincts any more.

littlerudi08107

Sep 23, 2009
slipknot4 said:
And back in the 1960's the soviets were indeed a legitimate threat to the USA. And to say the Cold War was a nothing but a dick-waving contest is a gross understatement. You know how in the early 2000's after 9/11 people were terrified that the Middle East was going to send nukes our way? Well imagine that went on for 20 years and replace the Middle East with Russia. That's what the real Cold War was.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
I went to an advance screening two days ago. It was an absolutely fantastic movie - highly recommended to anyone even remotely interested. Heck, go see it anyways even if you're not.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Aaaand another movie I'd lóve to see that I wón't see because no one around here wants to see it. Nerds, WHERE ARE YOU ALL!!! *echo* And it's probably going to be the same damned thing with District 9 (releases in Holland next week) and The Avatar (December).