Escape to the Movies: Zombieland

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Damn, I'm at school right now and I have no headphones so I can't listen...but this first comment worries me:

slopeslider said:
This movie looked lke a good idea from the trailers. Now im skipping it.
Maybe it's good that I can't watch it, because I really want this movie to be good, seeing as that I am going to see it anyway. (A big group of friends wants to see it this weekend.)
He said it was really good, I don't know what this guy's on.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
stupid social rules preventing me from going to the theaters alone, im not kidding when i say im the only one in my social circle who get a nerd boner every time i hear the word zombie, and not just in my friend circle, i cant even ask one of the guys i go to school or work whit to join me, for the same reasons they've stopped asking me if i wanna watch "the game" whit them, i dont care about it and will not have a good time and neither will they.

it looks like its the watchmen problem all over again, and if i dont find some zombie nerd to be best friends in the apocalypse whit i may have to pull the same trick i did whit watchmen, when my grandmother ask if i wanna go see a movie (she has yet to grasp im no longer 10) ill go see it whit her, she broke her arm yesterday so i have to take care of her this weekend anyway.

edit:
young male bartender looking for zombie enthusiast/nerd, preferably living in Copenhagen or close, to a casual zombie date where we will watch zombieland, discuss survival tactics and then play some l4d at the gaming cafe next to palads in Copenhagen and then, who knows we may even built our own safe house and plan to find each other when the apocalypse starts.
if interested please contact me via this site.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Looks Epic, and thanks to Bob it looks like im gonna go see it, thanks

Apr 28, 2008
Well, I know what I'm doing today :)
Glad to hear its good, Bob's judgement has never failed me before.

swaki said:
wow, that sucks. Hopefully you find someone.
And really, no one you know likes zombies?

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Did anyone else see Mr. McFeely 'delivering' and think that it was the ultimate 'Delivers' reference ever?

Oh and uh... good review!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
I finally realized the one thing that bugs me about these reviews on occasion. Sometimes I'll hear something I want to listen to, but then the screen splashes some text that I also want to read which is quite different from the audio and that makes at least that part of the review harder to watch. Other than that, great review, and now I'm actually interested in seeing the film. My biggest concern was that the movie was going to try and be Shaun of the Dead and fail, and since such a comparison wasn't even brought up, I'm more interested.

I've never really been a huge zombie person, but I loved the depiction of why zombies have such an effect because they can be people you don't like.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I wanted to see this movie before Bob got to it but now that he did, it just justifies me spending the $10 at the theater.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Woodsey said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Damn, I'm at school right now and I have no headphones so I can't listen...but this first comment worries me:

slopeslider said:
Maybe it's good that I can't watch it, because I really want this movie to be good, seeing as that I am going to see it anyway. (A big group of friends wants to see it this weekend.)
He said it was really good, I don't know what this guy's on.
Yeah I'm totaly gonna check this out as soon as I get the chance.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
So far, all I've only heard good things about this movie from people that have seen it.
Goin to see it tonight - should be totally tits

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
swaki said:
edit:
young male bartender looking for zombie enthusiast/nerd, preferably living in Copenhagen or close, to a casual zombie date where we will watch zombieland, discuss survival tactics and then play some l4d at the gaming cafe next to palads in Copenhagen and then, who knows we may even built our own safe house and plan to find each other when the apocalypse starts.
if interested please contact me via this site.
Sadly, its too late to pitch Los Angeles for the olympics, so I cannot justify flying all the way out there just for zombieland.

We however, are in the same boat.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:

slopeslider said:
The guy posted that comment two minutes after the video went up. There' no possible way he could have seen the entire review and said that, so feel free to ignore him and go about your merry little way.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Well if it wasn't blatantly obvious I need to see Zombiefest by now, please slap me with a big neon sign that says "Go See Zombieland."

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
So going to see this movie, always liked the zombie subgenre. The titel alone would be enough to atleast watch it.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
The trailer made this film look like a film along the lines of scarey movie, I'm glad its been shown otherwise.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Sweet, going to see it.

Side note: loving all the zombie games coming out lately. Still playing Nazi Zombies, I MADE A GAME WITH ZOMBIES IN IT!!1!, Zombie Apoc, and looking forward to L4D2.

dsawyers9

Aug 20, 2009
I'm going to go see the movie tomorrow, but I have one thing to say, where are the other rules damnit!