Escapecraft: Cut The Crap

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
This server is the dog's bollocks. That said, I didn't glimpse any of my things, I am a sad panda.

So are we like, official now?

zwober

Nov 20, 2009
somehow, i feel that being idle in the wrong minecraft-group was a poorly done choice. *rectify*

first few secs of the vid tho, i kept going "what in tarnation is omzit doing here, shouldent he be harrasing the JessieCox-forums?*

oh well.
guess ill have to speed up my dry-run of DeadIsland before i can continue to work with minecraft.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
For the record, this was not meant to be a comedy video, just an informative one about the server and community.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Cool cool. I remember getting lost in that place :O

I don't know about multiplayer servers with that many people in them. I'm not good with economies :p

[sub]Cool that the place is officially the Escapist server :D[/sub]

Jojo1378

Feb 17, 2010
haxxorzd00d said:
Hey guys, chief video-makey-guy for Escapecraft here. :D

I can give you a little heads-up on what to expect from the series: we're a variety show, so we'll be doing some machinima-type efforts - comedy, parody and such - as well as general Minecraft info/tutorials (with a humorous twist), and coverage of events on the Escapecraft server such as building contests and survival challenges.

Basically, anything Minecraft-related, with a focus on our community. You'll soon see a cast of recurring characters appear throughout our videos.

And of course, we're an actual Minecraft server (server IP: escapecraft.com), so feel free to pay us a visit and see what we're all about - stick around and you might even get a spot in a future video!

-Haxx
Was that Paragon Nova in the video? if so you should get his buddy SSoHPKC to join in on one of the episodes.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Sneaky-Pie said:
Oh this is neat.
Sneaky-Pie! You were the server admin right? I clearly see footage of old central at the beginning of the video (and spotted my house). Does that area still exist?

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I have really no idea what this show is gonna be about, and I feel that that wasn't really a good introduction, as it didn't really explain anything, but I'll wait for the next episode before I pass any real judgement.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I stopped playing on your server after you deleted everything twice in a row and imposed horrible little rules about where you could build.

Now, I will watch this video to see if things have changed...

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
Tharwen said:
I stopped playing on your server after you deleted everything twice in a row and imposed horrible little rules about where you could build.

We never had rules about where you could build... unless you mean not building outside of Central? And even then that was just 20 blocks around the city...

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I tried to join but it said I was banned, what is happenings

OT: nice trailer, well thought out.

LucidSeraph

Feb 16, 2011
Wow! I've been looking for a multiplayer server for a LONG time, and this looks like EXACTLY what I want. I'm going to brush up my skills a bit in Single-Player, but then I'm so joining up! looking forward to meeting you all.

Sir Broccoli

Sep 17, 2008
What the? I know there was some talk about a machinima going around on the escapecraft forums when I last read them (which was like a year ago), but I never thought it would actually make it to the escapist itself.

electronicgoat

Feb 20, 2011
I had high hopes and was disappointed by the comedy about 30 seconds in. I actually don't know what I was really looking for; there's so many Minecraft videos with varying types of style or humor that everything has been pretty much covered. I guess an RP thing would've been kind of cool though.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
That was pretty bad. It looked more like a Minecraft commercial than an actual video. The jokes were superbly stale.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Milo Windby said:
Tharwen said:

We never had rules about where you could build... unless you mean not building outside of Central? And even then that was just 20 blocks around the city...
I mean the thing where you had to build inside a tiny cube of dirt inside central and touching anything else got you an automatic warning.