Escapism Sydney '09: Labyrinth's Tale The Second

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Inverse Skies said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Indeed, it is, though I find I prefer the television series to the books.
Dexter is a little colder in the books, but they introduced the fantastical elements (ancient gods, for instance,) which I prefered them without.
Yeah... that doesn't sound like too much fun, makes it sound too much like deathnote with those sorts of things in it. It sounded better as some clever crime thriller, kinda like condemned 2 I guess.
I haven't read past the...third, I think, but yeah, if it gets any more supernatural it'll suck what's unique about the series away.
Yes, probably not unlike Condemned 2.

EDIT:
Khedive Rex said:
Are you ready for the next ten pages? Because here we go! Cockney be back in action!

I think MaxTheReaper is a fine outstanding gentelman and a great role model for all youths!

... Actually, maybe not. Somehow Compliment Cockney isn't as satisfying...
Yes, I am a role model like Alex from A Clockwork Orange is a role model.
Come, my droogs, let us embark upon a glorious night of ultra-violence.
I'll bring the Beethoven, the milk, and the circular saw.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
I am pleased with your foresight.
I am considerably less pleased with not having actually read A Clockwork Orange.
Hmm, it only starts to make sense about halfway through, and the film omits the final chapter of the novel (which improves it, in my opinion). But I'd still look it up, it's one of my favourites.

MaxTheReaper said:
Inverse Skies said:
MaxTheReaper said:
I haven't read past the...third, I think, but yeah, if it gets any more supernatural it'll suck what's unique about the series away.
Yes, probably not unlike Condemned 2.
From what you've said they do seem to be following disturbingly similar trends...
Well, there's always the series...
Unless it's been cancelled. I'm not sure, I don't keep up with TV.
It's been renewed for a fourth and fifth season, so I'd say we've got at least a few years left in it yet...

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Well .. That's 14 pages read-through. Good thing I sacrifised my sleep for this. I shall now comment

Stupid, stupid, stupid vessel -.-
I so wish I could have been there. Also I was suprised by the fact that UltraJoe was a girl. On the contrary to the rest of those in this thread, though; I was also suprised Xhumed was a guy ... Yeah .. That's ... That's how well informed I am.

Uh. It wasn't before now that I realised that "UltraJoe" was merely a tweak on the "average Joe" rather than a guy named "Joe" calling himself Ultra. But I guess if I would have been an older member, I would have known that "Joe" was her dogs name. So yeah. I had something else to say too. But I think I lost it around page 10. Stupid short-term-memory

I really hope you guys don't exhaust your together-gatering-strength any times soon. Because I want to join when you're getting together in 2011 .. Or 12. Depends

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Daye.04 said:
I was also suprised Xhumed was a guy.
I happen to think he'd look quite spiffy in a skirt and heels.

Wink wink nudge nudge next Escapism cross-dressing perhaps?

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Anarchemitis said:
I'm curious why the Moderators permit such unwarrented non-sequitors because we have posts in the thousands; this thread at this point would be locked within hours if the general poster was newer than two months.
We permit threads like this because the organizers went to a lot of energy bringing people together in an Escapist related activity. Us locking this would be sending a message that we do not support the people who put energy into planning events. Post count has nothing to do with it.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Labyrinth said:
Phew! Good thing I'm not going to attend that one. Last time I wore a dress ... Okay, I've never really worn a dress, but I don't intent to either.

You guys just keep your eyes peeled for me in 2012! Or ... You know .. Allow me to come, would kinda cut it too =P

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Labyrinth said:
Daye.04 said:
I was also suprised Xhumed was a guy.
I happen to think he'd look quite spiffy in a skirt and heels.

No way. I don't even know what I would come as.

Maybe a splicer? 'cause that's pretty ambiguous.

But i would love to come up as Boyd or Laboto next time. Mind you, Laboto will be WAAAAAAAY over the top.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Lord Krunk said:

But i would love to come up as Boyd or Laboto next time. Mind you, Laboto will be WAAAAAAAY over the top.
Lol, it would be good. I'm not into the whole costume thing, you know, with having to travel on a plane and all. It'd be amusing to see some other people do it though.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
Lord Krunk said:

Lol, it would be good. I'm not into the whole costume thing, you know, with having to travel on a plane and all. It'd be amusing to see some other people do it though.
Indigo_Dingo was meant to come as a splicer, but makeup issues prevented him from doing it. Shame.

But seriously, if I come as Laboto, I think I'm going to scare any kid unlucky enough to come near us.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
Lord Krunk said:
Indigo_Dingo was meant to come as a splicer, but makeup issues prevented him from doing it. Shame.

But seriously, if I come as Laboto, I think I'm going to scare any kid unlucky enough to come near us.
Do it! Please!!

I might turn up in a dress. Really scare people. A dress and heels.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Labyrinth said:
Lord Krunk said:

Do it! Please!!

I might turn up in a dress. Really scare people. A dress and heels.
I'll consider it, but custom goggles/sunglasses will be hard to come by. Also; blue make-up, a straight jacket, a gold claw and the most epic shower cap ever. Hard to come by, but possible in 5 months if I try and do it.

Anyway; Labyrinth in a dress? OH NOES!

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Lord Krunk said:

It'd stop stupid kids barging in on laser tag and shooting us in the back whilst we're running around.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
Lord Krunk said:
I'll consider it, but custom goggles/sunglasses will be hard to come by. Also; blue make-up, a straight jacket, a gold claw and the most epic shower cap ever. Hard to come by, but possible in 5 months if I try and do it.

Anyway; Labyrinth in a dress? OH NOES!
There's a place in Newtown called InVisible Light. I got a friend some goggles there, so it might be worth a try.

And yes! It'd be more shocking than female Ultrajoe.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Labyrinth said:
There's a place in Newtown called InVisible Light. I got a friend some goggles there, so it might be worth a try.

You'd look fine in a dress, you might have to do your hair up a bit though.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Labyrinth said:
We need something to top Ultrajoe's Ultrareveal. Last time we had Crab Shenanigans, this time.. well, 6 pages already. What to do next...
Labyrinth said:
Ding! I think we have a winner!
Inverse Skies said:
It'd stop stupid kids barging in on laser tag and shooting us in the back whilst we're running around.
You have a point there.