Escapist Expo: Q&A With The Escapists Day 2

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Cory is too shy , i would like to learn more about the comics .
Also that escapist lady whose voice I hear all the time but cant be bothered to learn her name is a great host .

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
That was very entertaining! I have new respect for Jim and Graham after that - both very funny.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
Cory Rydell said:
Frontastic said:
So on the odd chance he sees this, we love you Cory! :D
heh thank you so much!

Yea, it was quite the challenge to try and stack up against these guys on the panels. But I still had a fun time regardless of how nervous I look.
This is why I love The Escapist because I can post something like that and you DO see it, haha.

And as a fellow quiet person who gets very soft spoken in any kind of public speaking environment, I can empathise with how irritating it gets to hear people constantly tell you how quiet you are. Naturally confident people just don't get it!!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Balkan said:
Also that escapist lady whose voice I hear all the time but cant be bothered to learn her name is a great host .
You can just go with "Susan." That works. :)

For the record, we wanted Cory to do a Web Comics panel, but he was a little too shy this time around. You guys all made him feel so welcome, though, that I bet he'll be up for it next time.

Ishiro32

Mar 28, 2011
Graham Stark, thank you for balon animals and that you started gangam style. That was amazing.
Overall very good video, glad i watched it.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
My love for Jim has sort of been on a recline the last month, not because I dislike him by any chance. Just sort off laziness meaning that I didn't see many monday videos. But by christ!

Jim is amazingly funny and energetic during these. Great work Jim! <3

Thank god, for you.

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Balkan said:

For the record, we wanted Cory to do a Web Comics panel, but he was a little too shy this time around. You guys all made him feel so welcome, though, that I bet he'll be up for it next time.
I am a little too shy to do my own panel but I'm setting up a regimen of consistently telling Grey he has to come next year so hopefully we can do a panel together and the entirety of the process can be talked about. Not just photoshop tips...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Cory Rydell said:
Susan Arendt said:
Balkan said:

I am a little too shy to do my own panel but I'm setting up a regimen of consistently telling Grey he has to come next year so hopefully we can do a panel together and the entirety of the process can be talked about. Not just photoshop tips...
I LOVE THIS IDEA.

Bonus points if Grey brings Bison and Fenchurch.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Graham doing the Eeeeeaayyy Sexy lady during the Gangnam style was the single greaest thing I have seen so far in this site. Kinda wanna see LRR do a Oppa Gangnam style Parody.

Two-A said:
mattttherman3 said:
So yahtzee will wear cat ears but not dance? KOOOOL, if you guys have another one, I'd show up, fuck pax
Yatzhee wore cat ears, when?

I'm loving these panels, but they are way too long. I'm gonna have to pull an all-nighter x(
Watch The Hour of Love. He puts the Cat ears on then.

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Baldry said:
If it's any consolation you were the best gangnam style dancer!
haha, I knew I could beat Yahtzee/Jim/etc. at something!

Frontastic said:
This is why I love The Escapist because I can post something like that and you DO see it, haha.

And as a fellow quiet person who gets very soft spoken in any kind of public speaking environment, I can empathise with how irritating it gets to hear people constantly tell you how quiet you are. Naturally confident people just don't get it!!
Yea, Susan had to come up to me at one point and ask if I was fine... Apparently I looked crazy nervous and I was just sitting there thinking, "I thought I had been doing so wellll.... :/"

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
"I have a three part question that is actually three completely unrelated questions."

Some people are so silly.

On a similar note, did anybody else think that the people asking questions seemed a lot more nervous than in part 1? Did Susan threaten them with a terrible punishment should their question not provide amusement?

This gives me an idea:

Next year could you let us email questions in for each panel? You then pick the best questions of the ones sent in to be asked?

Baldry said:
Cory Rydell said:
heh thank you so much!

Yea, it was quite the challenge to try and stack up against these guys on the panels. But I still had a fun time regardless of how nervous I look.
If it's any consolation you were the best gangnam style dancer!
This is true, you definitely were the best Cory.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
"He reads books, listens to music, watches movies, plays games, is an accountant"

Hey! why are you describing me!

I think why jim is so sucesfully doing all of his videos is because he is just acting naturally. He is just being himself, and this way he is always in character and there is no worries about it.
Yathzee is the same as i expected him to be as well. which is amazing, still my favourite guy on the escapist.

TheOrb

Jun 24, 2012
Love how Yahtzee's all: "Uh,no way bitches. Fuck this shit!"

British repression: like opression, but we do it to ourselves!

the darknees abyss

Mar 29, 2012
nothing is funny then watching middle age men do Gangnam Style.

Graham Stark was awesome and the only one who had seen it before

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Nasrin said:
We all want a new Crash Bandicoot game that doesn't suck. And a Sonic game. And a Spyro game.

T.T
Crash Bandicoot. <3 Twinsanity was the last one that kept to the spirit of the originals. And a good Spyro game too! <3

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the Q&A with Graham Stark making a balloon "moose", The Last Supper posing, and Gangnam Style.
It's so good that I might watch it a third time (this being my second).

EDIT: And Bob "does The Mario."