Escapist Expo: The Hour of Love

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
What's with Bob?
He has the thousand yard stare. Was he in 'Nam? Did he see things which have traumatised him?
He just stares into space the whole time.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Panels were riDICulous amounts of fun and this was my favorite. Although it was "restricting" us to positivity, I don't think I cut loose this much on any other thing that weekend. It was amazing and I really hope we get to do it again next year.

Thank y'all for enjoying it. <3

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Still watching now, but this is really great. Jim steals the show. And you can really tell Yahtzee's been living in Australia for a while now, because everything he says sounds like a question...either that or he's been hanging around too many teenage girls.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Most awesome panel. I really enjoy all three of these guys and they work well together too.
Would have loved to be there if it would have been possible. Quite a shame really as I doubt those three get together often.
Ah, ye lucky American folk.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Rainboq said:
Susan Arendt said:
This was one of my favorites, I must admit. The Nathan Drake thing was an ongoing discussion throughout the weekend, so I just had to throw in in there. :)

It's a genuine joy to watch Yahtzee and Jim just do what they do. They're so brilliant. And Dr. Mark is one of my all-time favorite people.
Absolutely loved this, the Nathan Drake fisting comment had me spew my tea everywhere. Is this going to happen again next year?
Sure looks that way.
Awesome! Now I just need to hope that the Expo isn't during the first couple of weeks of my fall semester :p

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
LOL At jim.

"Without the guns british- *Mic increase X20* FUCK ME!"

Made this video entirely worthwhile.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Li Mu said:
What's with Bob?
He has the thousand yard stare. Was he in 'Nam? Did he see things which have traumatised him?
He just stares into space the whole time.
I think he was just embarrassed about accidentally being late.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
PayneTrayne said:
She took those cat ears back, right? They're like 100 fucking dollars.
Yes, I got them back.

Pikachaos said:
I am the girl who walked up and put the cat ears on Yahtzee. Gotta say it was the proudest moment of my life. :D I have to thank my friend who was at the con, ThriKreen. He owned the ears and thought of the whole thing, he just let me go up and do it. :D
\o/ I wouldn't have gotten the ears if you weren't also going to the con, since Aeryn and I realized they would have looked awesome on you!

Pikachaos said:
I don't care that he took them off, I still got some awesome pics out of it. XD
Not only that, but videos of you putting them on Cahtzee. XD

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Pikachaos said:
I am the girl who walked up and put the cat ears on Yahtzee. Gotta say it was the proudest moment of my life. :D I have to thank my friend who was at the con, ThriKreen. He owned the ears and thought of the whole thing, he just let me go up and do it. :D
I don't care that he took them off, I still got some awesome pics out of it. XD

... I also gave Jim the tissue after he had a drinking problem. d:
This sums up my feelings nicely:

I was thinking of changing my avi to Happy Yahtzee with Cat Ears (that move!!!), but seeing that a few other people have already done it, including the genius [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKayLq1d5Bs] that gave him the cat ears, I'd just feel like I'm intruding.

Still, someone make a gif of Mr. Crowshaw with the ears on as they're moving! On the double!

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Its like they all have their very own super powers:

Movie Bob - Actually capable of saying something nice about something he doesn't like
Yahtzee - Master of the Backhanded Compliment
Jim - Has amazing Breast Physics.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
"We're on Spike, because we belong on Spike"

Too true Bob. If I was there, I would have given him a stand ovation for that.
But then again, I would have done the same for the pedophilia jokes.

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
Really cool video and idea! I hope the Escapist does this more often (it wouldn't have to be an hour). Every answer to the topics was gold (breast physics, drinking animation, Kinnect, EA Origin, on disk DLC,...). This video made my day. ^_^

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Susan Arendt said:
This was one of my favorites, I must admit. The Nathan Drake thing was an ongoing discussion throughout the weekend, so I just had to throw in in there. :)

It's a genuine joy to watch Yahtzee and Jim just do what they do. They're so brilliant. And Dr. Mark is one of my all-time favorite people.
Hey, you're the runner of this shindig, seeing as how you're being invaded by the british anyway, why didn't we get one of these? I mean the videos were great and all, but it's not the same.

And no-one made by Bob say he liked the amazing spiderman. That was sad.

AND there wasn't enough MOS outside of his concert, which no-one seems to have recorded.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Would have given my left ear to hear someone say "Metroid: Other M; a brilliant example of characterization". Loved that Dr Mark goes from trying to calm it out, then gradually gets into the mix of masturbation and outrageous sex acts with his own shots. Great idea here.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I really wish I could have been there. This was hilarious, but it can't be helped. I'm a European and these things will never be in my grasp unless I win the lottery.

I was supposed to go to bed quite a while ago, but I had to watch this to the end. I really thought putting Yahtzee, Jim and Bob in the same panel was the best thing they could have done for this.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
ElektroNeko said:
You guys made Escapist history... I love you guys XD
In hindsight, I wish I had gotten Yahtzee to sign the cat ears and apologize for it, but he might have killed me then and there.

Of course now I'm thinking to top it off for next year, get a fedora and mod the cat ears onto it.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
If you laughed at jim's pedophile joke you would probably love the podcast he does: podtoid. Hilarious.