Escapist News Network: Atari's Gambit

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Loved the new intro, the Portal "Rant", and the ( and their moms) line in the credits.

Well done....and thank you for no gay references. *shudders*

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I always wondered why these news anchors were so angry at games. Now thanks to ENN it's all clear DAMN YOU ET FOR THE ATARI 2600!!!!!!!

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I liked the new opening, although I was a bit turned off by the commentary between each news story.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
the_tramp said:
I honestly hadn't thought of the two mouse buttons needed for the portals. So how does that work on single button mouses for the macs? Do they need to buy a new one or buy one of those ones where you assign the right side as the right click?
I don't know if this is how Portal does it, but a lot of Mac applications from the one-button era supported right-clicking by letting you hold a key down with a mouse click, if you only had a one-button mouse. I don't know how well that would work in a game though.

Almost every real Mac user I've known bought a non-Apple mouse as a replacement though, at least during the whole one-button era.

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
Love the new Intro. Great Pictures. The kid holding the help us sign was cute. Somebody Save the Children!

theownerer

Aug 9, 2009
I like how you take short pauses in between stories to comment on them instead of now instead of immediatly continuing on to the next story, a problem I had before was that it was really fast and hard to follow. Anyway good episode didnt really get the whole Atari thing though.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I like the new intro the LP2 joke was g a good one

Also loved the Crack at Crytek they have been so big headed lately its been pissing me off, i hope Crysis 2 is a flop just to make them shut the hell up.

bradleyrains

Jan 11, 2010
Virgil said:
Almost every real Mac user I've known bought a non-Apple mouse as a replacement though, at least during the whole one-button era.
Bought a Razer DeathAdder myself. And a Pure Pwnage mousepad. But I obviously don't game on my Mac. I have a Sony VAIO for that. Which I'd like to point out is one of the worst PC experiences on Earth. A single tear falls from a Native-American face each time one is bought.

Mine was given to me.

Blayze2k

Dec 16, 2009
I AM UNCOMFORTABLE WITH CHANGE!

That said, I like this show an awful lot, so I almost certainly won't stop watching.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
PC>MAC. 'cause PC will at least RUN if you ask it.

Also, the mere mention of Atari makes me froth in rage.they have never released a good game, and are holding the rights to blood hostage, despite the fact they will NEVER USE THOSE RIGHTS!!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Did I hear a reference to that "sledgehammer games" segment in one of those Atari jingles? Something about the game being so sledgehammer that you'll get VD?

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
I definitely think having more enthusiasm in the line deliveries would improve this show. It was there in the Mac bit, but some of the others were lacking it. The first headline about the rape game or whatever it was was almost completely deadpan, to the point that I almost dozed off before the punchline. Now I realize it's a parody news show, so you're not supposed to be yelling like Yahtzee, but even other fake news shows like Onion, The Daily Show, and FOX News show some emotion.

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
Dellusional
Illusional
Illusion

oooohhh I see what you did there...

Great show :p

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
That was... different. I suppose eNN's been around for a while, and needed to change to avoid getting stale?