Escapist News Network: Booby Prize

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
All I heard was "the Tit-lobby...uncovered," and it made me giggle like an immature school boy.

Jer_LRR

ENN Reporter & Photoshop Wizard
Sep 30, 2009
The lighting might look a little different: we used a different camera to shoot this episode. It was a bit of an experiment, so we might keep doing it, we might not.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
On patent trolls...

O noes, some guy I've never heard of is suing Apple, Google, Facebook, AOL, eBay, Netflix and Yahoo for patent infringement. You do know that those very same companies are constantly suing private individuals for infringing their own frivolous patent mountains, right? The whole patent system is a joke, and has been for some time.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
UBERfionn said:
Serving UpSmiles said:
UBERfionn said:
British people I know don't care about WW2 anymore.
We care about WW1 though, look up trench foot, nasty stuff.
That's because WW1, more so then most wars, was a stupid war fought for no real reason while still killing so many people.
It was the first of the modern wars. Still just as civilized as ever though.
Like most modern wars, WW1 was mostly to do with oil and power. The thing with Archduke Ferdinand was a pretext.

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
GrahamS said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Is this thing about Paul Allen true at all?
It is 100% true.
What the hell, right?
He lost my basketball team, and now he lost my respect.
Paul Allen please stop disgracing Seattle...

oktalist said:
On patent trolls...

O noes, some guy I've never heard of is suing Apple, Google, Facebook, AOL, eBay, Netflix and Yahoo for patent infringement. You do know that those very same companies are constantly suing private individuals for infringing their own frivolous patent mountains, right? The whole patent system is a joke, and has been for some time.
He's the 37th richest man on earth and he co-founded Microsoft. He is Bill Gates's number 2.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
[sub]What is lesbian scene from?[/sub]

This whole episode had me giggling like an immature boy. Well done.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
*wipes a tear* I too believe in that world, Graham. And another great listing of euphemisms and slang for something we all love. *raises mug* As a sophisticated man once said, "Here's to the tittehs!". *drinks*

EDIT: Oh, and for the greatest slow motion event that has ever happened...

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I was very distracted by the slightly blue hue of Kathleen's hair, since it seemed to be reflecting the post production.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
oktalist said:
On patent trolls...

Why do you say that?

Patent trolls just gamble with a risky loophole in an otherwise sound system (which has stayed fundamentally the same since the 18th century).

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Tharwen said:
oktalist said:
On patent trolls...

Why do you say that?

Patent trolls just gamble with a risky loophole in an otherwise sound system (which has stayed fundamentally the same since the 18th century).
Patents can be applied to something which did not exist in the 18th century: software. All you have to do is confuse the technologically illiterate patent officers with complicated wording and you can get a patent for anything, regardless of how obvious it is. And when, twenty years after it's filed, the patent lapses, society gains nothing, unlike patents for proper inventions where the designs fall into the public domain, that being the trade-off made when one chooses to file for a patent; the designs associated with software patents are not substantial enough to be worth anything to an engineer wanting to implement a system similar to the one described.

Please allow me to direct you to a post of mine in an earlier thread, and the post below it. (With the obligatory reminder not to go reviving weeks-old threads without good reason.)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.223303.7513844

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
At first I felt like I disagreed with your comment during "headshot" that this is just like other games and isn't that big of an issue. I tried to imagine my self playing as a member of the Taliban attacking U.S. troops and it just feels kind of wrong to me. Then I realized that I get a similar felling playing any FPS's based on actual historical events no matter who you are playing as, so I think that I actually do agree with you.

Whether your killing British soldiers as Germans, killing Germans as the U.S. or British, killing lots of Russians as the U.S. and vise-versa, killing both generic and actual middle easterners as the U.S., and being able to play as actual middle easterners killing U.S. soldiers, they are all similar enough, and I don't particularly care for any of them. Give me some big nasty aliens to blow to peaces and I am fine, but leave the real people out of it.