Escapist News Network: ENN Awards 2010

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I've never heard "achies" or however you would spell that, but sadly people do say "cheevos" all the time. :(

Also forget the jetpack, I want to borrow Shagg's VTOL jet.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
I thought that "best game that looked bad but was actually good" would've gone to Bayonetta, cause while the crew has said that Darksiders was surprisingly good, it was Bayonetta that apparently surpased expectations because the crew thought it was going to be another Bullet Witch when it fact it turned out it wasn't.

Anyways, good episode as always.

-IT-

Feb 5, 2008
Two Top Gear references, nice.

Great episode! *Goes back to playing minecraft*

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Agreed, Alan Wake was good horror (without resorting to blood and gore: I'm looking at YOU, Splatterhouse)
I'm also creeped out by the Michael Jackson game o_O

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Sorry but any time I here ANYONE on LIVE say Cheevos I think Chivos, which is a spanish word for goats. So if you say that around me, expect me to laugh.....hard.....very very hard.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I am a fan of the red hair.
And sadly, Edgy McEdgerson's Hedge Edger wouldn't work for me when I tried to play it.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
TheAmazingHobo said:
Uhh Kaphleen got served,
nice Award-Snipe,

And ENN definitly needs more Tears for fears-based humour.

Also, Vanquish can´t possibly be based on that guys life too, because it is clearly based on a dodge-ball game I played in 2nd grade.
YESSSSSSSSSSS. That lower third was only for me. And now you. YES.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
So, not to be hating on the ENN crew or anything... But I was hoping the bi-weekly thing was gonna give us more or better ENN. I would have to say you guys have just been on par with how things were when you were weekly.

So I am assuming this was more for time management on your end, and my hopes for more and better ENN are sadly mis-placed.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
-IT- said:
Two Top Gear references, nice.

Great episode! *Goes back to playing minecraft*
Where's your pig?

Yaxley said:
Douche Cocoon is the name of my emo band.

Edgey McEdgerson's Hedge Edger is pretty fun, for the record.
Our band is called Dibs on Naked Orcs.

I can imagine how much more fun it would be than Clickquest.

Taynas

May 20, 2010
Douche cocoon is going to be one of those things I need to tell other people about due to hilarity and usefulness of the phrase. Great episode, very funny.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
First off: Red hair on Kathleen = awesome.

Secondly: GameStop: The Douche Cocoon = also awesome.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
What does cheevos and achies mean? I wanna borrow Shagg's helicopter with the machine guns. Kathleen's pouty face when Graham plundered the creepiest trying not to be creepy game award is priceless. Happy X-mas ENN!

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
By the way, nice Desert Bus reference. (And for anyone who missed it [http://desertbus.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/PlayMinecraftWatchTopGearGetPig.jpg]...)

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
It's funny because "chivo" means "goat" in Spanish.
Also, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! PIÑATAS!!!!!
The award given to Dead to Rights is probably closer to bestiality. Good one, Graham.
And I agree that a Mario Kart reality show would be awesome!

Merry Christmas, ENN!