Escapist News Network: ENN Awards 2010

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Jeffro Tull said:
I'm sorry, but how can anyone say that San Andreas was their life story. LMAO. That is bizarre. Please tell me you guys made that up.
Dood, you wish...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105979-Hip-Hop-Back-Up-Sues-for-250-Million-Over-GTA-San-Andreas

That one 360 faceplate looked cute... "This one's got pinatas! They think they're people."

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Okysho said:
what the heck are "cheevos"? like... a new cheettos flavour?
Cosplay Horatio said:
What does cheevos and achies mean?
It's the "gangsta" way to talk about Achievements.
My God, the horror of such words being invented.

necronmm said:
Douche cocoons hahaha, who should we call to have them exterminated?
Anyone with gamer douche pesticide....

...Febreeze.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
InterAirplay said:
Graham_LRR said:
InterAirplay said:
Edgy McEdgerson's whatever isn't technically based on an ENN throwaway joke. Not when you guys stole it from Shamus.
Sorry, I don't know what you're referring to. Did Shamus make a similar "edge" joke?
I'd love to see it!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/6326-Stolen-Pixels-112-Ready-to-Settle

I feel like the nerd community's equivalent of a hipster now...
Ha! Wow.
Yeah, we've never seen that one before, certainly didn't "steal" it.

Either "great minds" etc, or it's just an easy joke, I guess.
Thanks!

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
XxRyanxX said:
...Alan Wake wasn't the primary game everyone thought it would be? Pretty sad... mostly upsetting then to the Company that made it I suppose... Mmh...anyways very creative video I sure admired it.
If I had an Xbox, Alan Wake would be one of those games I couldn't wait to play! Awwww. Well I guess that'll be one of those games I have to pick up that no one liked.

Jeffro Tull

Sep 27, 2010
Vohn_exel said:
XxRyanxX said:
...Alan Wake wasn't the primary game everyone thought it would be? Pretty sad... mostly upsetting then to the Company that made it I suppose... Mmh...anyways very creative video I sure admired it.
If I had an Xbox, Alan Wake would be one of those games I couldn't wait to play! Awwww. Well I guess that'll be one of those games I have to pick up that no one liked.
I was good and ready to buy it upon release... Oh wait Microsoft wanted to make it an Xbox exclusive and leave out the pc gamers that they had been selling on that game for over 2 years. Their loss I guess. I felt worse for Remedy Entertainment for having to fold under that kind of influence.

Ep1c Fla1l

Dec 12, 2008
edit: meant to reply to an individual and failed sorry if a mod sees this please delete this

Ep1c Fla1l

Dec 12, 2008
here is the link for the people who wanted to find the hedge edging game http://www.kongregate.com/games/NirTivAal/edgey-mcedgersons-hedge-edger

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Jeffro Tull said:
Vohn_exel said:
XxRyanxX said:
I was good and ready to buy it upon release... Oh wait Microsoft wanted to make it an Xbox exclusive and leave out the pc gamers that they had been selling on that game for over 2 years. Their loss I guess. I felt worse for Remedy Entertainment for having to fold under that kind of influence.
My PC wouldn't be able to play it anyway, lol. If I ever do get an xbox, I do plan on getting that game. It sounded right up my alley, but oh well. Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll port it over for some weird reason :p.

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
You wanna know how "on the ball" you are this week? My dad, who rarely enjoys the same things I like, was in the same room as I was while watching this vid. He wasn't looking at my screen, just listening to the audio, and the announcement line made him chuckle.

Bravo, ENN writing staff, bravo.

Archwright

Dec 9, 2010
I love you both for:
"You fucking Philistines" - I smiled ear to ear.
and
"Like a cocoon. A douche cocoon." - I nearly performed a spit-take. I want to buy a round for the whole ENN staff for that one (especially Kathleen and the joke's writer).

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
This means no Alan Wake 2, doesn't it?

I loved the game. I was actually going to hunt down all the thermosi (that is the plural, right?) next time I play it.

And Dante's Inferno wasn't that bad at all. The freaking environmental design was epic.
Your avatar is amazing. I can't figure out why but something about it is just so... encapsulating.

OT: Hey, I liked My Hands, its a decent song (please don't hit me.)

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Lol I love Alan Wake. I will never own it like every other video game out there in the world, but I love it XD

You gotta love a game that mentions Stephan King 4 times and ends it "It's not a lake... it's a ocean" Seriously most epic and confusing ending EVER :3

marc951

Jun 17, 2009
CaptainCrunch said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
What's up with the new iPod-dancing-Imp ad? did anyone else see that? it was hilarious.
It's a spot for Publisher's Club, so pretty much everyone will see it.
(To make it go away, along with our other ads - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/subscription/ )

Also, thanks! I did the animation.
hey man, whats the song playing in the ad called? it kinda reminds me of the new tron movie

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
marc951 said:
CaptainCrunch said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
What's up with the new iPod-dancing-Imp ad? did anyone else see that? it was hilarious.
It's a spot for Publisher's Club, so pretty much everyone will see it.
(To make it go away, along with our other ads - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/subscription/ )

Also, thanks! I did the animation.
hey man, whats the song playing in the ad called? it kinda reminds me of the new tron movie
The name of the song is "Green on Black", by Alec Harrison. I don't know if it's available on iTunes, but you're welcome to go look for it.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Jandau said:
It's like a cocoon... a douche cocoon!

ROFL!

Also, good choice with Darksiders, that game was pretty sweet, especially for people who missed most of the Zelda games and God of War (i.e. PC gamers).
Well, I've played almost every single Zelda ever released, I've only played for a couple of hours God of War 2 with my cousin and I'm a PC gamer, so yeah, I loved Darksiders.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
ENN Awards 2010

Some games didn't suck this year. I know, right?

Watch Video
Dear Kathleen,

This is an official request to bring back the hairflip (with a note attached to it to keep the beautiful cleavage).

Signed with the kindest of regards,
Woem

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahaha the Michael Jackson experience...yeah good one there, that creeped me out too LOL

and YES I agree, I NEVER wanna hear that song from FF13 again
say what you want about the game (sucks?), I'd almost venture to say that THAT song is the worst part of it