Escapist News Network: Inside the Newsroom

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
If you can get it out more than once a fortnight, it's BETTER.

If not then it's EQUAL.

It's still FUNNY.

I don't know why I'm shouting the last word of these SENTENCES.

I am ZIIIIIIIM!

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Honestly, this is so amazingly good. Like other have said, it has the PhailHaus/Whatever Thing vibe to it and thus, it just 'works'.

Informal videos are good, you don't need to 'fancy it up' with the 'actual news show format' though I stand behind the belief that the deadpan delivery of humor in the past was just as funny as the 'critical anchors' approach you guys have it as now.

Whatever you guys wanna do, is good with me... But can I make a suggestion?

Stop posting episodes on wednesdays. It doesn't work well for you guys. Friday or Saturday, YES I'm aware both of those are KINDA weekend days but come on, if you wait to post/prep the videos for then, you're more likely to catch fresh news and not be 'slowpoking' like you are with the every other week format you've changed to now. I'm not about to complain about that, trust me.

Axillion5000

Nov 18, 2009
I really enjoyed that switch! The newsroom back-and-forths were wicked funny. The only thing tat I could say as a negative, is that we missed the desk and back drop.
I liked this approach, but I like the other format too.
I can't decide!!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
As an up and coming graphic designer, it is my soon-to-be professional opinion that THQ's new logo sucks balls.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Make it weekly again, and I'll be happy...

Or... given that it seems to be just a bunch of people sitting around being funny, which doesn't seem to need alot of editing or such... TWICE A DAY!

chif-ii

Aug 31, 2010
I would love it if they alternated this new way of doing things with the old set-up; do one "live from the studio" version one week and one of this new "from the newsroom" type the next. That would be awesome.

Genericwizardguy

Sep 20, 2010
Loved it, just one thing, do you think you could extend the old set and film it there? This was awesome, but the old set just looked so professional.

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
That was awesome - the creative process can be just as entertaining as the finished product.

The THQ logo was excellent, I might add.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Hahahahaha. XD Ahh, this was great. A good break from the usual. Hopefully it won't end up being a smoketease and they'll do it again some day.

Nojh

Occipital Ostritch
Aug 10, 2009
Hmmmm....

Okay I love you guys. I really do. How is the nile anyway?

Seriously your jokes were funny but I do like the old ENN presentation more. This could be a fun occasional thing. And it's not like you'd lose me as a viewer if you switched to ENNN for every video.

As it's own thing, I'd totally watch it but if I was forced to choose between ENN, ENNN, and a zombie slowly eating me to death, I'd pick ENN.

Also did you get sponsorship from Coke and Apple or something?

Also also Paul wins the worst logo award.

bunnyhopp

Jun 14, 2010
Loved it! I love the old style too.. I'd miss it if it changed to this way permanently. Don't make me choose!

kk

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
This was terrific. It was pretty much built out of laugh out loud moments from top to bottom. Thank you for making my evening better.

danny_g

Feb 27, 2010
I thought it was hilarious. Mind you, I find classic ENN funny as well, but "ENN Phailhaus" definitely has charms.

Paul's disgust at comic sans will entertain me for some time. Especially the grunt of disgust just looking at it.

GracieMay

Oct 11, 2010
I kinda like this round table discussion, but my only recommendation is if you guy gave the presentation a bit more polish like on regular enn, and try to not corpse so much.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
_Russell_ said:
I like both settings, the standard news desk & the new newsroom.
Maybe use both & switch between them each week?
This. A hundred times, this.

OT: I loved this episode. Easily the funniest ENN yet!

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
I agree with what appears to be the relative minority: This was funny but it doesn't seem like it would work as a *replacement* for the current ENN.

If ENN was still weekly, I'd say this would work well as a once-a-month break from the standard, but I'm not sure what to say now.