Escapist News Network: Minced Words: Blizzard's Real ID

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
ZergInfestedJesus said:
I would see Real I.D actually taking trolling to an entirely new level. A troll begins to harass you so you stop responding to him. The next day you receive a phone call from him, making inflamatory and threatening remarks. Pizza's that you didn't deliver start being sent to your door. Hell if you have were you work posted online, imagine all the damage that could be done when the person calls your place of employment in a rant. All these things happened to Blizzard Employee Baishok just an hour after he posted his real name on the forums, as a sign of good fate.

Also don't get me started on google. A potential employer googles your name, the first thing that comes up is a 15 page argument on whether Death Knights are overpowered or not. That will almost always leave a bad impression.

Blizzard could fix about 90% of the trolling problems if they just bothered to fork out an extra couple thousand bucks a month for some full time moderators. Hell, they could appoint community moderators and do it for free.
There are plenty of serious discussion threads for that topic already. Take it there.

Ninja Tank

May 19, 2009
i see the real id working but yet failing is some way. for instance people giving fake name

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Haha, I'm looking forward to the feedback function on Natal, Mr Croshaw did say that motion controls are unimmersive without force feedback, heres his answer I guess

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Haha, I loved the flashback part back to the "old days" of ENN. And John is two shaved off sideburns away from looking like a gangster. ;)

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Anyone else notice the goggles in the background? Methinks this was staged, I call shenanigans on this whole affair. It's a damned conspiracy I say, I shall expose your lies!

[sub][sub]PS. I'm kidding, go flame someone else you damn dirty apes.[/sub][/sub]

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
Ass. Manager, pelicans, music references, very funny stuff keep up the good work.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I have never considered any one episode of ENN to be a favourite of mine. This... might change that. XD

May 25, 2010
In that room where Kinect was buzzing, there were along the Xbox360, a PS3, a PS2, a Wii and a Dreamcast(of all things). I am the only one who thinks this is wrong?

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
The Rumble Kinect, the "guy from Blizzard" that was actually talking sense instead of the douchebag hate-speech protector (I mean, really.. Grow up, Internet. All users are human beings, whether you play an MMO or not. Shut the fuck up and argue with your own names, nothing wrong about it), Graham's music references (There's a flame in all of us, guys.. (Thousand Foot Krutch..? Anyone..? Nope..? Okay~!))

Anyway, awesomely awesome! I fucking ADORED that "back in time" Kojima story too. Nice touch.