-yellow
-bright green
-bright gray
-brown
-red
-dark green
-purple
-maroon

For colours you do [ colour= ] [ /colour ] Inserting the desired colour after the 'colour=' with no spaces e.g. colour=green

Just a small correction, unfortunately for colours to work we have to use the American spelling of "color".
It is weird using their spellings :p
Tell me about it... I can't even pronounce it the same way as colour.
Hey! Don't be saying we here in the US of A are weird!
*kicks a puppy into your house*
PUNT!
Oh shit! Half time is almost over! See you guys later!
*drives away in Hybrid*
Im saving the environment!

OT: Nice job Claymore, but uh, 2 people beat you to it.

Sleek Giant,
and Wilsonscrazybed.

Still, good job!

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
claymorez said:
Sex Rex said:
claymorez said:
Sex Rex said:
claymorez said:
... -[colour=chartreus]chartreus[/color] ...
Yup. There we go with the color thing, again.
It's all so confusing!
Aaaaand now it isn't working at all. You forgot the "e" on the end there. "Chartreuse"
..............................The coding just hates the English doesn't it? :p I'll fix it right away
Eh. *shrug* Don't worry about it too much. You'll always have the good ol' Grammar Nazis here to straighten you out. :p

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
BloodyThoughts said:
Jamash said:
claymorez said:
Jamash said:
claymorez said:
-bright red
-blue
-teal
-yellow
-bright green
-bright gray
-brown
-red
-dark green
-purple
-maroon

For colours you do [ colour= ] [ /colour ] Inserting the desired colour after the 'colour=' with no spaces e.g. colour=green

Just a small correction, unfortunately for colours to work we have to use the American spelling of "color".
It is weird using their spellings :p
Tell me about it... I can't even pronounce it the same way as colour.
Hey! Don't be saying we here in the US of A are weird!
*kicks a puppy into your house*
PUNT!
Oh shit! Half time is almost over! See you guys later!
*drives away in Hybrid*
Im saving the environment!

OT: Nice job Claymore, but uh, 2 people beat you to it.

Sleek Giant,
and Wilsonscrazybed.

Still, good job!
Their one's are out of date and are obscurely named..... Evidence is that people found it useful which suggests the other guides aren't accessible :p

And cheers

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
I mainly did this post to give an up to date and easy to understand guide with a non-obscure name you could type into the search bar.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
claymorez said:
I mainly did this post to give an up to date and easy to understand guide with a non-obscure name you could type into the search bar.
You need to change 'Lord Inquisitor`' to 'Lord of Guides' or something :p
Thanks again for awesome work!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
claymorez said:
[HEADING=1]Escapist User Guide to Posting Commands [/HEADING]​

What is this? said:
I myself navigate the forums and find I forget various commands to post video's or images and had to figure it out usually by finding someone who had done what I wanted in a post, quoteing it and then looking for the different commands which usually took a while.

To make life easier for everyone especially new user's I have compiled as many commands as I can so there is a complete index at hand for you to use!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[HEADING=2]The Basics:[/HEADING]
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To make the words in your post appear in bold you simply type [ b ] and [ /b ] on either side of the words you want highlighted in bold, when typing your message/post - with the exception of there being no spaces between the different symbols/characters in the command :

e.g. [ b ] Your desired word/s [ /b ]

This rule of putting the [ symbol or character ] at the start and [ /symbol or character ] at the end, applies to about 80% of all post commands.

So It will look something like this:

e.g. {b} word you want effected {/b}

With you using [ and ] instead of { and }.

It is important to remember to put the / for the second pair of [ ] to end the command.

[HEADING=2] Index of Commands: [/HEADING]

Bold:
[ b ] [ /b ]

Italics:
[ i ] [ /i ]

Underlined:
[ u ] [ /u ]

Strike-through:
[ s ] [ /s ]

-bright red
-blue
-teal
-yellow
-bright green
-bright gray
-brown
-red
-dark green
-purple
-maroon
-chartreus
-chartreuse

For colours you do [ color= ] [ /color ] Inserting the desired colour after the 'colour=' with no spaces e.g. color=green

[ img ] URL of image [ /img ]

For Youtube you use:
[ youtube= ] and place the last part of the URL for that link on youtube

To put in a hyperlink [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/534.188179-The-Publishers-Club-Features-Guide#comment_form] on a particular word:
[ url= ] [ /url ] putting the URL of the link after the 'url=' with no spaces.

Large text like the title of this page can be obtained by doing:
[ h1 ] [ /h1 ]

For Medium Large text:
[ h2 ] [ /h2 ]

For Larger than normal text:
[ h3 ] [ /h3 ]

To Reposition text on the screen do:
[ center ] [ /center]

[ right ] [ /right ]

To make text very small:

[ small ] [ /small ]

To make it appear in a box type:
[ quote ] [ /quote ]

or to make it a box with a bold title or for a quote:
[ quote= ] [ /quote]
With the title you want in bold placed after the 'quote=' with no spaces

This is a spoiler or a message or something....
[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler]
Or you can give the spoiler a title:
This is a spoiler or a message or something
[ spoiler= ] [ /spoiler]

Text can be made[sub] smaller with [/sub] :
[ sub ] [ /sub]

Text can be [sup] raised and made small [/sup]:
[ sup ] [ /sup ]

To Hyperlink to a user's page:
[user]claymorez[/user]
Type [ user ] [ /user ] on either side of the user's name

Code:
Code tags
[ code ] [ /code ]

To add a footnote: [footnote ]This is a footnote...[/footnote ]
[ footnote ] [ /footnote ]

[HEADING=2] Using Multiple/different commands on text: [/HEADING]

When using multiple commands on text like so:

[HEADING=2]
Example
[/HEADING]

You must follow the same rule by doing:

[command1][command2][command3] words [/command3][/command2][/command1]​

[HEADING=3]Feel free to leave comments/additions if I left anything out.[/HEADING]

[HEADING=2] Hope you found this useful![/HEADING]​

Sir, you have saved me. Since I've joined I've been wondering how to do all these unique posts. I figured out how to do images and embedding youtube videos by quoting people and figuring out the method but I have never seen a guide prior to this. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my internet heart.

Now I can *snip* and spoiler things!

Today truly is a good day.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
I'm pretty sure this has been [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.179963-Poll-Sleek-Teaches-Forum-Code-Recommend-New-Users-to-Read] done [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/markup_help.php] before. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.55865-BBcode-and-you] Besides those two, one other time, I remember screenshotting BB code so people could see it in context.

Still, props for the effort.

Don't forget the all-powerful aliceblue! The true invisible color!

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
Mine is larger and hopefully clearer
Danny Ocean said:
I'm pretty sure this has been [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.179963-Poll-Sleek-Teaches-Forum-Code-Recommend-New-Users-to-Read] done [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/markup_help.php] before. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.55865-BBcode-and-you] Besides those two, one other time, I remember screenshotting BB code so people could see it in context.

Still, props for the effort.

Don't forget the all-powerful aliceblue! The true invisible color!

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Maybe now I can stack spoilers >:)

I JUST LOST THE GAME!

SUCCESS!

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
Oh! Oh! Pick me!

• One, you have the broken "Chartreus" still in there.

Two, LISTS! [list] [/list]

Three, you could also mention that "Black" is also a color command. Even though black is default, some things that have other default colors like the "H" 's.