Escapist User Guide to Posting Commands

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
RICHIERICAN said:
I'm new to this forum Can you please give me a example on how to post a youtube video? thanks I so use just clicking a youtube icon on some forum I'm in!
The easiest way to learn BB code is to quote someone, press the 'quote' button at the top right corner of this post to see how it's done.

Basically, take the youtube URL (for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ) and reduce it to just "youtube=UNIQUE-JUMBLE-OF-LETTERS", with [] around it like any BB-code, then post and you're done.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
RICHIERICAN said:
I'm new to this forum Can you please give me a example on how to post a youtube video? thanks I so use just clicking a youtube icon on some forum I'm in!
Use this guide instead if you have any other queries. It's more up-to-date and easier to follow.

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
I have a major doubt . I am new to this site and i do not know how to make a thread . Where is the button or the option that creates a thread ? Can someone help please ?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
TheArcaneThinker said:
I have a major doubt . I am new to this site and i do not know how to make a thread . Where is the button or the option that creates a thread ? Can someone help please ?
It's a blue box at the top of the screen, underneath the title for the forum:

[/spoiler]

Click it and you will be taken to the page for creating new threads.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
This thread should probably be stickied. I've had a hard time finding how to work certain codes before as well.

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
Zombie_Fish said:
TheArcaneThinker said:
It's a blue box at the top of the screen, underneath the title for the forum:

[/spoiler]

Click it and you will be taken to the page for creating new threads.[/quote]

Oh ! Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
TakerFoxx said:
This thread should probably be stickied. I've had a hard time finding how to work certain codes before as well.
I didn't realize it had been unstuck. This is the updated guide I use:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.850242-The-Escapist-Users-Guide-to-Posting-Commands-and-How-to-do-Fancy-Code-Stuff