Escapists, Are you unemployed or lucky enough to still be employed?

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I work just shy of 30 hours a week. My area really hasn't been hit hard at all. The main reason, which my brother is a prime example of, is that they have no respect or gratitude of having a job so they become arrogant and cocky that results in them being fired. My brother quit 3 jobs out of the four he has had, which neither of them he has kept for over 8 months. He quit because he couldn't suck it up and take orders from his managers that he thinks that doesn't deserve the job. Here, it's not that you're lucky to have a job, but you're lucky that you want to keep your job.

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
zen5887 said:
PandyBear said:
zen5887 said:
I've got a part time job at a Caravan Park mowing and cleaning windows and shit. It's pretty dull but it isn't very hard work, and the pay isn't that bad. Once uni finishes this year (November) I'm gonna try to dive into a covers band, hopefully that'll get me some cash.
Can i tag along as a roadie, i can tune guitars and can actually play one to some degree lol xD
Haha sure.

Reckon you could pull a couple of 4 hour sets a week?

Hope you can sing as well, I'd wanna keep the numbers down, as we would get paid more that way.
Me? Sing? HAHA, yeah right. I'm currently doing a bit of roadie work with my mates band "Shape Lt" just to keep me sane :|

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
splatterguy734 said:
PandyBear said:
splatterguy734 said:
I'm unemployed but I attempted to get a job at this ice cream parlour near my house the bastards refused because they wanted someone with experience.
Heh, yeah. Well how do you honestly expect me to gain experience if you dont at least give me a trial period... unless you bribe them and say you'll work for nothing for a month or two lol.
If I wasn't so physcally dull I'd be able to attempt to sleep my way to the top.
Haha, well i wish you all the best mate, if you ever do become ice cream god i think we all want a free ice cream ;D

molester jester

Sep 4, 2008
Just over a year unemployed, currently about to start my mandatory stage 4 work placement, but it's god dam bullshit that I'm unemployed, feedback i have gotten so far as to why i have not got a single call back
1. Looked like the weight of the world was on my shoulder's ( wtf )
2. Looked bedraggled and dressed inappropriately ( while wearing clean black trousers, black shirt and a tie )
3. Has failed previous job interviews ( if i had not failed them i would not be applying for another would i jackass)

and many others, all of which will soon to be collected in Molester jesters new book wtf are you talking about ( that's bullshit and you know it )
Anyway end of rant.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I've had a job for the past two years since I got out of high school, and I recently got promoted to lower management where we're supposed to work full-time, though our hours have gotten shorted a bit lately.

splatterguy734

Nov 27, 2009
PandyBear said:
splatterguy734 said:
PandyBear said:
splatterguy734 said:
I'm unemployed but I attempted to get a job at this ice cream parlour near my house the bastards refused because they wanted someone with experience.
Heh, yeah. Well how do you honestly expect me to gain experience if you dont at least give me a trial period... unless you bribe them and say you'll work for nothing for a month or two lol.
If I wasn't so physcally dull I'd be able to attempt to sleep my way to the top.
Haha, well i wish you all the best mate, if you ever do become ice cream god i think we all want a free ice cream ;D
Just name a flavour and I will deliver *salutes*.

the D0rk One

Apr 29, 2010
no school, no job, no problem... except how to get money for rent, bills, food...
've been to an interview 3 weeks ago... i'll know sometime next week.

whoops, gotta run. i hear a rat scurrying outside. gotta hunt for food :)

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I've never even applied for a part time job. I plan on saving it until I'm out of college.

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
molester jester said:
Just over a year unemployed, currently about to start my mandatory stage 4 work placement, but it's god dam bullshit that I'm unemployed, feedback i have gotten so far as to why i have not got a single call back
2. Looked bedraggled and dressed inappropriately ( while wearing clean black trousers, black shirt and a tie )
3. Has failed previous job interviews ( if i had not failed them i would not be applying for another would i jackass)

and many others, all of which will soon to be collected in Molester jesters new book wtf are you talking about ( that's bullshit and you know it )
Anyway end of rant.
Yeah, sometimes i swear feedback is either a) we have no real excuse for not taking you on. b) see the above feedback.

I think my best feedback i've had would be "Due to your disability (colour blind) we can not offer you the position of Fork-lift trucker driver" regardless of my experience of Fork-lift truck use

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
I work full time. Fortunately for me, my city is very well insulated against financial crises. A fair chunk of the city works for the government (I live in the Australian capital), so we have a large population with pretty solid and dependable jobs. This leaves even more jobs for us. I actually responded to an ad for workers, so it's not like I have to job hunt too much.

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
splatterguy734 said:
PandyBear said:
splatterguy734 said:
PandyBear said:
splatterguy734 said:
Just name a flavour and I will deliver *salutes*.
Choc and vanilla all round i reckon! Ta very much mate :D

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I've had the same job for nearly 3 years now. They can't get rid of me because I'm one of their best guys there. I do know several people without jobs. That's mostly because they're too lazy to actually make an attempt to get a job anywhere.

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
i actually had 2 jobs until about a week ago. a promotion at the one job led to me leaving the other one.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Well I carry the lawn clippings back to the woods and start the mower while my sister mows the neighbor's lawn for $5 but I don't think that really counts. It's an easy job for me, I'm lazy, and if my sister gets sick, I do the whole thing for $15.

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
the D0rk One said:
no school, no job, no problem... except how to get money for rent, bills, food...
've been to an interview 3 weeks ago... i'll know sometime next week.

whoops, gotta run. i hear a rat scurrying outside. gotta hunt for food :)
I recommend rat burgers, they go well with 4 week old stale bread ;)

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Out of work at the moment and signed off as unfit having suffered a complete mental breakdown and started to hallucinate, the drugs that keep my life under control can also make it hard to cope with (highly soporific) and I rarely leave home alone because I am considered a risk to myself and others.

Hooray for mental illness //sigh

(Oh and for anyone chipping in with "but Valksy, you are using a computer now, you could do an office job". Go fuck yourself, you have no idea what it is like to live like this and get through day to day. If people think that this is pleasant and cushy then try it but don't think that you will get better, you won't. This is it until you die. Live like this for a while and you will starting hoping that will be soon.)

molester jester

Sep 4, 2008
PandyBear said:
molester jester said:

Anyway end of rant.
Yeah, sometimes i swear feedback is either a) we have no real excuse for not taking you on. b) see the above feedback.

I think my best feedback I've had would be "Due to your disability (colour blind) we can not offer you the position of Fork-lift trucker driver" regardless of my experience of Fork-lift truck use
That describes 90% of the feed back i have got
the best one was probably in a letter i got before my job interview saying
" Thank you for contacting us to confirm that you will be attending the job interview however due to the fact you did not contact us we opened the interview to other people, and there will no longer be time to interview you (rough draft can't remember the exact details) "

well did i contact you or not make up for your mind ( for the record i contacted them twice, and had my dole officer email them )

Anyway if they did not want to hire me i would rather they say that instead of making up some bullshit.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I am studying full time at college while having a part time employment in a psychiatric ward. Many of the other part timers have been laid off, but I am still around probably in part due to the shortage of Registered Nurses and the hope that I will take employment there as a RN once I graduate next year.

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
molester jester said:
PandyBear said:
molester jester said:

Anyway end of rant.

I think my best feedback I've had would be "Due to your disability (colour blind) we can not offer you the position of Fork-lift trucker driver" regardless of my experience of Fork-lift truck use
That describes 90% of the feed back i have got
the best one was probably in a letter i got before my job interview saying
" Thank you for contacting us to confirm that you will be attending the job interview however due to the fact you did not contact us we opened the interview to other people, and there will no longer be time to interview you (rough draft can't remember the exact details) "

well did i contact you or not make up for your mind ( for the record i contacted them twice, and had my dole officer email them )

Anyway if they did not want to hire me i would rather they say that instead of making up some bullshit.
/Picard Facepalm -.-