[Euphoric] Fedora wearing Thief targeting churches

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
This is entirely too perfect to be true.
It's gotta be some guy from 4chan or Reddit taking the piss. Still, every comment made so far on this thread has caused me to chuckle somewhat.
So bravo, I guess.

TL;DR lol fedoras, the internet's current hatething.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Right. Something bad happens to a bunch of churches so we all celebrate. Maybe if I grew up in Texas I'd have a bone to pick with churches too, but right now it just looks like we're all celebrating thievery.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
sageoftruth said:
Snippity Snip
Um, no.

We're making fun of the thief, not celebrating the fact that a church got robbed

How did that even come across...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
sageoftruth said:
Right. Something bad happens to a bunch of churches so we all celebrate. Maybe if I grew up in Texas I'd have a bone to pick with churches too, but right now it just looks like we're all celebrating thievery.
Actually, we're all mocking the hell out of "Euphoric Atheists".

If you don't know what those are, then I imagine this thread is really scary and surreal.

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
lacktheknack said:
sageoftruth said:
Actually, we're all mocking the hell out of "Euphoric Atheists".

If you don't know what those are, then I imagine this thread is really scary and surreal.
I didn't, but this thread made me look it up. I can't possibly tell you how relieved I am that it's just a meme, and not an actual attempt at a "thing". (Hey guys, remember "Brights"? No? Wonderful!)

ThatHybridGuy

Jun 27, 2010
sageoftruth said:
We're not laughing at the churches being stolen from, man. We all agree that the thief is a total asshole.
We're laughing because the thief is wearing a fedora (usually associated with obnoxious atheists, bronies, MRAs and the like).
Just clearing that up, man.
Edit: It seems a couple of other forumites have done that better than I did. So... Good show to them, I guess.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Weaver said:
I feel like the thief is dressed like this just for some 4chan lulz :p
>2014
>implying 4chan is euphoric
>implying it's not le social justice
>implying not some asshole being an asshole
>implying 4chan isn't laughing at his lack of taste
>implying implications
>mfw I can't greentext
>mfw I have no face
> mfw I discovered how to do both

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Alssadar said:
Weaver said:
>2014
>implying implications
>mfw I can't greentext
>mfw I have no face
What can I say? You're just too hip on the internet for an old man like me.

I assumed he dressed like this to get the internet talking, and the internet is talking.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Weaver said:
Alssadar said:
Weaver said:
>2014
>implying implications
>mfw I can't greentext
>mfw I have no face
What can I say? You're just too hip on the internet for an old man like me.

I assumed he dressed like this to get the internet talking, and the internet is talking.
Seems like it.
I mean all he's doing is just taking the church's money whilst wearing the cliche atheist/cringe-worthy costume.
Wherever he may lurk, he's got his fame, though probably doesn't matter, as he needs some help.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Phrozenflame500 said:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1-zrK9fbKrs/UnY7BSjnIpI/AAAAAAAAOmo/aYTlUSCUHjk/s1600/bravery-level.gif

Damn, this is the most euphoric dude ever. He must be so brave standing up to the oppressive Christian establishment by stealing their charity funds.

Seriously, fuck this guy
Why not put that in spoilers for epileptics?

OT: I was not aware of this fedora movement. Are people still struggling so hard to be themselves?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Barbas said:
I was not aware of this fedora movement. Are people still struggling so hard to be themselves?
Oh yes, they are very much tryhards. For reals. I searched for a while for something that would explain it suffficiently and believe I have found something. Here, let me enlighten you:

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
SaneAmongInsane said:
Well I'm basically two out of the three. Suppose I can't wear a nice hat now.

*sigh* this is why we can have nice things, internet.
Speaking as a man who likes to dress well, I challenge you to post a picture of yourself in the hat.

Fedoras look horrible in most cases, they are not nice hats at all unless you happen to tie it off like ol' blue eyes here.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Teoes said:
Barbas said:
I was not aware of this fedora movement. Are people still struggling so hard to be themselves?
Oh yes, they are very much tryhards. For reals. I searched for a while for something that would explain it suffficiently and believe I have found something. Here, let me enlighten you:
I like it! It seems to be made for his particular head shape.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Hahahaha... wait, so let me get this straight. We're on a fucking video game site full of, let's face it, geeks, and we're all looking down on this dude not for his actions as a thief, but for his preferred clothing style?

Geeks judging someone negatively because of their clothes...

Am I the only one seeing something incredibly wrong with this picture?

OP: The guy is a thief, clothing is irrelevant. Hope they catch the guy. That's about all I can think of adding.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Witty Name Here said:
Could we get some context on the original post? Because I had no bloody clue about this Euphoric Athiest thing, and from my perspective this looked like most of the people on here were celebrating robbing churches as some "crown jewel of Athiesm" or other nonsense.
Basically, there was a guy on Reddit, "Aalewis", who managed to hit the event horizon of painful and cringeworthy anti-theism.

Reddit set him on fire, basically. His post was eventually deleted, but his it included an attempt to "make a quote" (he DOES admit to not being a "professional quote-maker"):

<quote=Aalewis>"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence."

Yeah... no one was impressed.

Some crap happened, but the end of the story is that pictures of the guy were found, and he was wearing a fedora (and, while it's hard to verify, I think he was wearing a leather jacket and a Sonic shirt). He then became the "crown jewel of Atheism", because the internet works in weird ways.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
Well I'm basically two out of the three. Suppose I can't wear a nice hat now.

*sigh* this is why we can have nice things, internet.
I've had that happen as well. Rather sucks.

OT: Well this is what happens when you leave the internet running. It leaks into real life and the results are never pretty.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
This whole euphoric atheist stereotype really unnerves me. Why? Because I can really see why they'd be disliked, but at the same time pretty much fit it to a tee D: Except I've never worn my fedora in public and I have a strict 'live and let live' - policy towards religion. Had I grown up in only slightly diferent circumstances, that could easily not have been the case...

So... It's just... I don't know where we stand anymore, internet. You know? Does it help if say I the excessive Dawkins / Sagan / Hawking worship bothers me as much as it does you? C'mon honey talk to me, I need to know if we can still be am item. D: