Evangeliowned

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
LazyAza said:
xplosive59 said:
LazyAza said:
For anyone who thinks Evangelion to be "deep and meaningful" I recommend these reviews:
http://benthesage.com/reviews/aa/anime-abandon-neon-genesis-evangelion-death-and-rebirth/
http://benthesage.com/reviews/aa/anime-abandon-the-end-of-evangelion/

Bennet White aka Sage, pointed out everything wrong with the series and the films far better than I or anyone else ever has, and did so in a very entertaining and insightful manner.

But don't mistake me, I own both the original series, the original two films and the newer two film remakes and look forward to the third. But deep and meaningful? ahhahahahah Eva is about giant robots and awkward yet hilarious anime teenager antics and little else to me, and that's all I need to enjoy it. But man that End of Eva movie, what a mind fuck.
Ugh BennetTheSage, literally the worst anime reviewer I can think of. He relies solely off of 'MUH NOSTALGIA' and has entry level, Adult Swim taste. Even worse than JesuOtaku and the fact that Berzerk is his favourite anime says alot about his credibility as a reviewer (I say that because Berzerk sucked donkey dick compared to the manga).
Hating a reviewer solely because their opinions are different to you're own, way to be original.
You clearly haven't watched many of his videos, Bennett is a very smart and insightful guy and while I don't always agree with him he always does a tremendously good job with his videos, as for his taste in humor, I think he's pretty darn funny but then comedy is as subjective as an opinion now isn't it.
Did I say I didn't like him because of his opinions? No, Anthony Fantano is my favourite music reviewer yet I almost never agree with him. The difference between him and Fantano is that Fantano knows his shit very very well. I have watched about 4 BennetTheSage videos and all I remember was him reviewing Akira basically saying "I don't get it, trying way hard to be deep because I can't understand what is going on". From what I have seen he comes across as a guy who doesn't know his stuff but he likes to think he does. His top 10 anime list was laughable, not because they were bad or anything (the majority was good) but in music terms his choices would be like saying Sgt Peppers, Dark Side of The Moon, Kind of Blue and Michael Jackson's Thriller are your favourite albums, yes they are good but you come across as a guy who doesn't know shit beyond the basic knowlege of the medium.

Sorry about ranting, it's just people like this piss me the hell off. If you want a good anime reviewer try Gigguk on youtube, funny guy and actually knows and comes across as a normal guy.

EDIT: With all that being said, I did not realize that he is mainly a videogame reviewer until just now. Because before I thought he was completely anime based, I guess I can give some leniency in his views if it isn't his main medium and I cannot judge his taste in videogames because a) I don't play videogames b) I haven't watch his VG reviews. Still his anime review leave a bad taste.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
I just love the expression in the third panel. That's the look of a man who's setting down for some satisfying trolling.

Kilo24

Aug 20, 2008
Paradoxrifts said:
I suppose that this rules out any possibility of an Erin Stout body pillow?
Unfortunately, yes.

However, negotiations are currently underway for a sledding Kratos body pillow.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
Kilo24 said:
Paradoxrifts said:
I suppose that this rules out any possibility of an Erin Stout body pillow?
Unfortunately, yes.

However, negotiations are currently underway for a sledding Kratos body pillow.
Extra points if the pillow is electric, and sets people on fire when they sleep with it.