Even More Skyrim Mods

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
12,070
0
0
Even More Skyrim Mods

Editing your Skyrim.ini file for fun and profit!

Read Full Article
 

ZeroMachine

New member
Oct 11, 2008
4,397
0
0
You, sir... have excellent taste in mods. I've basically done the same you have in every one of these entries :D (except for modifying my .ini, which I'm so doing now.)

In fact, Enhanced Night Skyrim was my first mod ever. Beautiful stuff.
 

Mortier

New member
Jul 19, 2009
42
0
0
Why did I have to get the PS3 version o_O

Regardless, seeing this makes me damn jealous. The PC version already looked so much better. With those mods enabled it looks as if it's been transformed altogether.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna eat my heart out.
 

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
3,716
0
0
Ok i never considered touching the in game files, but after reading this i will definitely be making those changes! Most informative Mr. Tito. +1

if yall are into texture mods i recommend Tobes Highres Textures [http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1123] It makes it inside of your house look so much better. I spend too much time there to not have the furniture look great! Seeing that i almost exclusively just use the wife/merchant! XD

Weapons of the Third Era is freaking great too. Love that they added Japanese swords. NODACHI's are instant win!

Cannot wait too see what mods will come out when the Mod Tools release in January! the best $60 i've spent all year!


p.s. I ♥ the CBBE mod ;)
 

ZeroMachine

New member
Oct 11, 2008
4,397
0
0
DTWolfwood said:
Ok i never considered touching the in game files, but after reading this i will definitely be making those changes! Most informative Mr. Tito. +1

if yall are into texture mods i recommend Tobes Highres Textures [http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1123] It makes it inside of your house look so much better. I spend too much time there to not have the furniture look great! Seeing that i almost exclusively just use the wife/merchant! XD

Weapons of the Third Era is freaking great too. Love that they added Japanese swords. NODACHI's are instant win!

Cannot wait too see what mods will come out when the Mod Tools release in January! the best $60 i've spent all year!


p.s. I ♥ the CBBE mod ;)
Definitely checkin' out that Tobes mod. Good call.
 

Braedan

New member
Sep 14, 2010
697
0
0
What about a mod to removing the jarringly bad 3rd person kill animations? Any suggestions?

EDIT: THAAAANNNNNKKKK YYYYYOOOOOUUUUU for that info about shadows. TERRIBLE bug that Beth seems ignorant of, or they don't care.
 

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
19,316
0
0
Braedan said:
What about a mod to removing the jarringly bad 3rd person kill animations? Any suggestions?
New Vegas, Morrowind and Fallout 3 got animation fixes, so Skyrim probably will. The thing is, animations are really hard to fix. Check back in a couple months.
 

Rack

New member
Jan 18, 2008
1,379
0
0
Greg Tito said:
Even More Skyrim Mods

Editing your Skyrim.ini file for fun and profit!

Read Full Article
You missed Thuumic. I assume that's because it's getting its own article? It's still a faff at the moment but when you've got everything working together with minimal lag it's the most fun mod I've seen for anything.
 

plainlake

New member
Jan 20, 2010
110
0
0
Yay! I thought the blocky shadows were because of ATIs catalyst control center, will edit Ini. as soon as Im back from christmas and new years eve with my family. Silly RL..
 

Zagzag

New member
Sep 11, 2009
449
0
0
The limit on odd numbers for the grid quares to laod is because it is measuring the "Diameter" of a square around your character. 1 means to load only the squre you are standing in. 3 means to load an extra square on each side, so you end up with a 3x3 grid. 5 results in a 5x5 grid etc. For this reason you can't have even numbers.

Also SkyUI is actually compatible with QD inventory. You can use SkyUI most of the time, and the QD style menu when bartering etc. Just thought you might like to know.

Rack said:
Greg Tito said:
Even More Skyrim Mods

Editing your Skyrim.ini file for fun and profit!

Read Full Article
You missed Thuumic. I assume that's because it's getting its own article? It's still a faff at the moment but when you've got everything working together with minimal lag it's the most fun mod I've seen for anything.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Thuumic MUST have its own article. It is honestly much easier to set up and use than I had expected, and playing a nord warrior with Thuumic and 1/10th of the normal shout cooldown is the most fun I have had with the game so far.

In case anyone hasn't heard of this mod I have three words for you: VOICE ACTIVATED SHOUTS!
 

Elec0

The Master of Fractals
May 29, 2009
82
0
0
Changing the uGridsToLoad is very, very dangerous, as it were. Skyrim is optimized to run with it set at 5, any more than that and it starts getting very crash-prone. Like, bump it up to 9 and you can't go for more than like 30 minutes without crashing. 11 is even worse.
Also, if you up the number and make a save, that save won't load if you lower the number again, so you can very lose your save files due to the fact that upping the number makes the game so crash-prone, so make sure you make a new save before you change any settings.
 

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
932
0
0
To get rid of the loading screen you can also delete the video file. You have to do it every single time the game gets updated but its an easier, mod free, solution to the problem.

I'm loving the QD inventory mod, makes life so much easier!
 

cyber95

New member
Feb 28, 2008
107
0
0
Bethesda doesn't actually have to make the next Elder Scrolls game. Not entirely, anyways. They can just release an unfinished prototype and the modding community will do the rest of the work entirely for free.
 

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
2,089
0
0
Nice mods, can't use them what with buying the xbox version, but still.

Only issue I have is with the blood one, sure the blood looks nice and realistic and as it should, which is a definite improvement, but the screen blood, couldn't they have gotten rid of it entirely?

I mean besides conveying that you've done damage to someone what real world relevance does screen blood splatter have? Seems a little silly that when you kill someone you need to have blood splattere on what is the in-game equivilant of your eyeballs.
 

Joccaren

New member
Mar 29, 2011
2,600
0
0
Why am I always a step ahead of you? (Probably because I've already installed 80 graphics mods or so, so I could recommend quite a few, but you always seem to use the ones I do)

Also, just pointing out QD Inventory IS compatible with SkyUI, meaning you can have SkyUI for your main inventory and have QD manage the rest whilst you wait for SkyUI to completely update.
 

cookieXkiller

New member
Mar 7, 2010
291
0
0
Archemetis said:
Nice mods, can't use them what with buying the xbox version, but still.

Only issue I have is with the blood one, sure the blood looks nice and realistic and as it should, which is a definite improvement, but the screen blood, couldn't they have gotten rid of it entirely?

I mean besides conveying that you've done damage to someone what real world relevance does screen blood splatter have? Seems a little silly that when you kill someone you need to have blood splattere on what is the in-game equivilant of your eyeballs.
no if you mod your pc saves it can be transfered onto your xbox.. its how people are level 300 and have maxed everything..
or 99999999999999 gold at the start of the game.
no idea how thats done though.
 

Braedan

New member
Sep 14, 2010
697
0
0
lacktheknack said:
Braedan said:
What about a mod to removing the jarringly bad 3rd person kill animations? Any suggestions?
New Vegas, Morrowind and Fallout 3 got animation fixes, so Skyrim probably will. The thing is, animations are really hard to fix. Check back in a couple months.
Yeah, I was looking for a mod to remove just third person animations though, since even if they were good it would be painful to be ripped from one perspective to another.
 

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
3,028
0
0
No offense intended, but complaining that you have to keep Skyrim Script Extender updated to make a mod work is inane. Anyone who has played Morrowind or Oblivion on PC(and modded it obviously) can tell you that the Script Extender series is pretty much key to getting the most out of your TES experience. In time, the majority of mods that affect gameplay(rather than those that affect appearance or content) will require SKSE. It's best just to get used to that now.

That said, I do agree that SKYUI is more a mod to watch than anything else right now.
 

ZeroMachine

New member
Oct 11, 2008
4,397
0
0
Scars Unseen said:
No offense intended, but complaining that you have to keep Skyrim Script Extender updated to make a mod work is inane. Anyone who has played Morrowind or Oblivion on PC(and modded it obviously) can tell you that the Script Extender series is pretty much key to getting the most out of your TES experience. In time, the majority of mods that affect gameplay(rather than those that affect appearance or content) will require SKSE. It's best just to get used to that now.

That said, I do agree that SKYUI is more a mod to watch than anything else right now.
I think his mindset it more like mine right now- the SKSE just came out, so it has a lot of potential to fuck up. I'm waiting until about a month after the construction kit comes out to use any mod that needs it, just to be safe.
 

Smooth Operator

New member
Oct 5, 2010
8,162
0
0
Well you should have added one for Christmas times: Get festive! [http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4425]
And I find the time displayed in loading screens particularly useful so I know when it's time to go to bed.