Even the Floor Hates the New Dante

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
As someone who hasn't played a DMC game before and as such has no expectations or preconceptions, I really like the gameplay that's being shown off in the first video. I think it's a fantastic concept, and the music work well with it. The fighting isn't anything that hasn't been done better by others, so nothing really impressive there. Especially how the camera doesn't pan over to whoever you're targeting - at one point he pulls someone in from off screen, and we really should have been able to see that person get grabbed.

All in all, it looks decent, but not like something I'd go running out to buy. And that's based entirely on the two videos above, from someone who hasn't played the series before. So take it for what it's worth.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Never seen or played a DMC game before, but that is damn impressive. Seriously, that is REALLY cool. Maybe its just the "SNAWHOOOSH" sound effects, but props to them for making that work at all.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
The world-twisty platforming looks really cool and interesting. But the combat makes it looks like Dante's been playing God of War in his downtime. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's just if you're going to change the aesthetic, character, gameplay and change developers, then why call it Devil May Cry?

Aesthetically, looks fantastic. Nice to see a bit of colour in this bland, brown sea of games we've been getting lately.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks this is starting to resemble Assassin's Creed's platforming engine?

Also fuck the producer for redesigning Dante in his own look, the narcissistic fag. Fucking have the nerve to troll the haters by saying we secretly want to love this filthy money-ridden trash.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
I do like the idea of the shifting environments, but at the cost of capping the FPS at 30? Not nearly worth it for a DMC game.
The style looks wrong and i actually cringed during the cutscene where you see the false dante in detail.

Look like Ninja Theory sure know how to make an impression on a fan base when taking over an established series.
"Remove all the staple DMC things like fast combat and the character and game styles and make new ones! -.-

Bad Ninja theory... BAD!