Ever been banned from a Forum? For a bad reason?

ham and red bull

Dec 2, 2010
I got banned for talking about 9/11. I was just saying that I'm sick of hearing about all Muslims being terrorists. I later e-mailed a mod and he revoked the ban.
I've been put on suspensions a couple of times, but now I'm clean!

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
I have only so far been "Warned" through PM here. I wasn't told what post it was for though, so I have no idea what I said or did.

That was about 1500 posts or so ago, so I think I'm doing better

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
A few years ago when the Official Xbox Forums were alive and kicking, I enjoyed visiting them. I was banned permanently in a "What did you do while Xbox Live was down this morning?" thread for answering, "Anally fisted my girlfriend."

It was a sad, but hilarious, day.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Never been banned from any forum. I usually read the rules and follow my personal rule "Dont be an asshole" and it´s worked out alright so far.

ChicagoTed

Aug 5, 2010
Me and a few friends were banned from a harry potter forum for necro bumping about 30 topics with hentai and then a christian website for arguing in the chat box that sex before marrige is fine and that gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry in a church.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
YES. I joined the official forum for Borderlands before the game's release. I was pretty interested in the game and wanted to know if it could be played in third person because first person perspective gives me VMS (Virtual Motion Sickness). The game had yet to be released so I had no way of knowing if it had a third person option.

I got called a pussy, a weakling, and an idiot but half the people who responded. Even a moderator joined the discussion to tell me I was an idiot.

So I cussed out the moderator accusing him of being a troll and the reason the game is so conductive of an environment filled with raging douche bag morons. lol Yeah I was pretty pissed. I can only imagine I've been banned but I've never been back to see.

Kept me from buying the game in fact. If that was the kind of people I'd be playing with I wanted no part of it. Turns out it couldn't be played third person anyway.

On a side note, Virtual Motion Sickness happens when the liquid in your middle ear and your eyes feed the brain conflicting information. Your ear liquid is what gives you a sense of motion and you wouldn't be able to keep your balance standing up without it. When the ears tell the brain you're not moving but the eyes register motion, like from a first person game, in some people this results in motion sickness. It's pretty common. Most people have it to some degree which the military found out when they tried to initiate 3D video games as a way to train soldiers. The 3D made most of the soldiers motion sick which pretty much killed the program.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I only got banned for a day on one forum. Told a guy I hoped someone had vigorous sexual activity with his throat in somewhat more flowery language.

MaxRaine

May 1, 2008
I've never been banned nor put on probation. Probably because I think my posts through and never get hostile with others.

Common sense prevents me from breaking most rules, so I hardly ever actually read them though =P

I also don't post overly much, only when I'm bored or find a thread that's interesting enough to add to.

When I find threads that involve things I'm interested in but try to put them in a negative light (See pretty much any "furry" thread on here or elsewhere for that matter =P ) I do defend my interests but never through hostility but through intelligent comments. I don't see why so many people has to be douches on the net...

Apr 29, 2010
It wasn't a bad reason. I told a moderator I didn't agree with how the site was being run by the new owners. He permabanned me immediately after. I guess he wanted to silence me. This was back in 2008 on this forum dedicated to anime.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
never been banned or moderated, which is kinda funny given my own brand of self-opinionated flaming

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
Ive never been banned, but I have been suspended for a number of things. Ive been suspended from this site for a week b/c I made a joke about playing pirated video games, which I guess some moderator took as a cue that I was trying to sell them.

I was also suspended from xbl b/c someone was offended by my gamer card. That was the only explanation Microsoft would give me.

Thats about it. Not sure what kind of site would be good enough that you'd be willing to get banned three times trying to fit into its community.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
I got suspended and placed on probation for some very insensitive remarks on a thread about Israel. At the time, I didn't think they were that bad. The topic was why were some many Jewish people leaving London and going to live in Israel. I remarked that this was a bit of a no-brainer. In London, I said, they were one of hundreds of ethnic minorities fighting for political time and influence. Whilst in Israel (and this is the bit that got me banned temporarily) they were the 'ubermensch' and so it seemed logical to go over there.
Now obviously, using a word like 'ubermensch' - German for 'superhuman' carried so much weight and had so many connitations attached to it that some people were bound to complain. At the time, though I felt they should suck it up, learn to accept criticism and not act like a bunch of conceited colonialists. But alas, that fell on deaf ears,

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
I'm banned on 420chan. I put out someone's number on 420chan because the dickhead felt like calling me everynight at 3.....I posted it on /b/ after and he stopped.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
Oh, and I got suspended for a day on League of Legends because I had to leave because some dip---- was calling me on Skype.