Ever been in love?

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I don't think this thread gets anywhere.

LockHeart said:
Erm, so how's this thread gonna pan out? I'm seeing something like this -

Step 1: Answer OP's question.

Step 2: ...

Step 3: Discussion?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
101194 said:
NeutralDrow said:
101194 said:
NeutralDrow said:
101194 said:
If you mean have I experianced Chemical reactions in my brain to trick myself into a feeling of Compatablitiy with someone only because of the strong need to Reproduce then Yes, I have.
He's asking about love, not rationalized lust. You basically just accused every asexual person in the world of being halfway to psychopathy.
Ah Yes, But that would follow in the realm of Your views on Life, When you really ask the question, Love is a Chemical reaction in your brain to trick yourself into a feeling of compatablity to reproduce and protect your investments (Children) untill they do the same. Life Continues Ect Ect...
Two problems.

1. I realize you probably don't believe in the existence of platonic love. Again, I point to asexuals.

2. "Trick?"
What do you mean Asexuals? Like people?
Yes. People who don't find themselves sexually attracted to anyone. They do exist, you know.

By "Trick" I meant Chemicals Interfering with your logic Processing. Sometimes Love is Stronger than the Mind.
Trick still seems the wrong word. And love being stronger than the mind has it's own problems...

Nov 11, 2008
NeutralDrow said:
Yes. People who don't find themselves sexually attracted to anyone. They do exist, you know.

Trick still seems the wrong word. And love being stronger than the mind has it's own problems...[/quote]

First off, Asexual doesn't mean what you think it means, It means the ability to reproduce with ones self. And only Certain Organisms can do that, Not humans.
And by "love being stronger then the mind" I mean the Urge to love is stronger then the Urge to be logical, Prioritizing.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
Glefistus said:
Yeah, but love is a joke anyways, in my opinion it is just an evolutionary tool to get males to breed and be very protective of their mating-partner, so as to ensure survival of the child.
This is exactly what I think it is.

However it doesn't make it any less real or feel any different even if you know what it truly is, it also doesn't suck any less. I truly think I am in love and let me tell you it really sucks because I'm the quiet kid who doesn't make any sort of move, so it really doesn't turn out too great.

Wolfenhawk

Dec 4, 2008
LockHeart said:
Yes, yes I have. Still am I guess. Not too pleasant at the moment, I must admit...

Erm, so how's this thread gonna pan out? I'm seeing something like this -

Step 1: Answer OP's question.

Step 2: ...

Step 3: Discussion?
South Park reference is epic.

I'd say not, bit too young for me.

Quotation Marx

Jun 29, 2009
101194 said:
NeutralDrow said:

Trick still seems the wrong word. And love being stronger than the mind has it's own problems...
First off, Asexual doesn't mean what you think it means, It means the ability to reproduce with ones self. And only Certain Organisms can do that, Not humans.
And by "love being stronger then the mind" I mean the Urge to love is stronger then the Urge to be logical, Prioritizing.[/quote]

But doesn't that mean the brain is acting logically, not tricking its own logic systems? You're thinking of societal or racial urges being stronger than self-preservation, instead of love over logic. And using the word "trick" makes love seem to be an illusion.
As for being in love, no.

vampirekid.13

May 8, 2009
not much room for discussion here.

yes i have been in love. i still am. i really love the person. she really hates me. kinda hurts knowing that i would still give my life for her while she wont even say hi to me. :(

Blyyr

Oct 3, 2008
I, for one, see that many people here are very pessimistic on the subject of love, and I would like to express my sadness on this, for I think everyone has a chance to find love.

I, for one have found my love, and have been engaged for many months.

Good luck to everyone else.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
No
At times i doubt the possibility of love for me
Then again my disability to find love shouldn't stop you guys from enjoying what you have

Wolfenhawk

Dec 4, 2008
101194 said:
NeutralDrow said:

And by "love being stronger then the mind" I mean the Urge to love is stronger then the Urge to be logical, Prioritizing.[/quote]

http://www.asexuality.org/home/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

Edwardsjack

Aug 30, 2009
101194 said:
Never said, Its the most imporant thing in Existance, And thats Why it is Real. Biologically looking at it is is VERY important and Real, Its Special because on a Chemical Level the two people can exist and repoduce and be happy. It's one of the greatest joys in life.
Yes, but can't you also be in love with something, even if it is not a woman/man? Love comes in many forms. You can love a person, thing or even a place. If love is something you can measure, my dear friend, then it is really is just lust that you are really describing.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Yes, I was in love at one point, but it sort of faded... a complicated story, really. It is a beautiful thing, however, and I look forward to when I feel that way about someone again. There really is nothing else like it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
vampirekid.13 said:
not much room for discussion here.

yes i have been in love. i still am. i really love the person. she really hates me. kinda hurts knowing that i would still give my life for her while she wont even say hi to me. :(
May I ask as to why she hates you?

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I thought I was once, but it turns out it was just indigestion.

Seriously though, I dont think I've actually been in love with a real person yet.