Ever been trolled by a single player game/campaign ?

Sux2bu

Mar 4, 2010
Ace combat: Zero (the epic game in the series for the ps2)

Doo, dee ,doo , just flying along with your only friend in life after completing a extremely hard mission where you had to fly a fighter jet through a fucking tunnel. Then...
ZOMFG LAZOOOOOR Guess what?
Your old buddy , defected AWOL wing-man is back and he has just killed your wing-man with a plane that shoots lasers and aerial N2 mines.(see evangelion)
And you have to kill it by shooting missles into it's air intake ports. On the front.
While dodging lasers and N2 mines. On a timer that when it reaches zero, sets of a nuke big enough to turn 1/3 of the earth's surface into glass.

The Seldom Seen Kid

Apr 28, 2010
Fire Emblem. (The one for the GC, I forgot the subtitle.)

In one of the final levels of the game, out of nowhere, the game spawns THE FINAL BOSS OF THE GAME RIGHT BEHIND YOU. He then proceeds to insta-kill one of your party member (usually the healers you keep at the back of the party), and then vanish.
Done. Kapoot. Finished. Dead.
You've lost that healer for the rest of the game :mad:

Curses have never been uttered so loudly before.

Tsukikagenoknight

Jan 3, 2011
Tons of examples all in the same genre, the "fake item" such as FFVIII you can find a magazine but then the game says "just kidding"

The weak ending boss to games, The overpowered item the game knows you can't afford but shows you anyway, and last but not least. Ye Flask.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
There's a wonderful moment in Bulletstorm near the end where they play a practical joke on you. It's very funny...

When you crawl though the vents and end up right where you began on the other side of the bomb - genius

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
KEM10 said:
Stammer said:
(After someone declares war on me) "The AI dislikes you because you're a warmongering menace to the world"
Haha, ya.

Killer 7. If you don't know what I'm talking about, play it.
Which part trolled you, the part where two armored smiles appear right next to you, from opposite directions and insta-kill any member that isn't the mask.

Pointer

Mar 19, 2010
The fucking ARMA demo. You want to run the mock combat exercise? Good luck because your shit will be destroyed within five fucking seconds from a distance you would not think possible. Its designed to piss you the fuck off.

Telumektar

Jul 7, 2010
1 - Any Brothers in Arms game, specially Earned in Blood, in hard or avobe (veteran is impossible). You have to use your squad to supress or take out some guys but at the same time the ai will counter attack, also the enemy's aim is far better than in normal and they move back and forth looking for cover. While this isn't that hard, using your team will have only one ending, they die and you have to start all over again. The only way to avoid them dying is to go solo all the way, and even that way they can get killed by a cannon, a tank or mortar fire. There's a level in Earned in blood where you have to take out two Tiger IV tanks at the same time using a panzerfaust, the tanks move quite fast so they can ouflank you or shoot from a distance or act separatelly and one can shoot from far away at you or your men while the other one cruises the level at full speed. The other method for taking them out is throwing a grenade at them AFTER they are severelly damaged, easy, except the tank does reverse and/or turn fast, so you can get squished in any moment. Nice game, I beat it once, deinstalled it and kept the savegames as a reminder.

2 - Super Meat Boy. I'm still stuck at the ending of world 1.

3 - Any racing sim/semi-sim featuring a 24h race, you can do well all the race but at the last lap something will happen.

4 - Forgot the Pokémon games, I rember getting to the end of Pokémon Crystal only to realize that I yet had to level all my team +5 levels or more, it would have been easy if any of the wild pokémons gave mine more than %0.0001 of the total XP needed for each of their levels

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Could the last boss fight in Arkham Asylum count? I swear that was the worst end boss I have ever faced. Laughably weak and kind of ruined what had up until then been one of the best games I had ever played.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
I recently downloaded Daggerfall the second Elder Scrolls game. I'm convinced this game hates me.

First quest I did was for an order of nights. I had to go to a dungeon and find and kill a nightblade. Dungeons in Daggerfall are randomely generated. So this dungeon ended up being massive. I spent three hours looking in every room searching every hall and could not find the guy. Turns out he was hiding in a room underneath a bridge. A room that doesn't show up anywhere on the map. And to top it all off I didn't get a reward because knight order quests don't offer monetary rewards.

Next I decided to do a quest for the fighters guild. First quest they give me is to go to another massive randomly generated dungeon and kill a frigging giant. Fortunately I lucked out and it didn't take me three hours to find him. Unfortunately when I found him he was capable of killing me in three hits. Eventually I was able to kill him. But it doesn't end there because as soon as I attacked him, no less than six of his buddies spawned in the area. Yeah I had to fight not one but seven giants all at the same time. I eventually was able to kill them all using a combination of getting them stuck on the geometry, back peddling, abusing the save game function, and running away like a coward.

My character isn't even level 5 yet!!!

To anyone who complains that Oblivion is too dumbed down and easy go download and play Daggerfall. Do it I fucking dare you.

http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN

You will be begging for an objective marker after 20 minutes.

Retosa

Jul 10, 2010
Stammer said:
I feel trolled constantly when I play Civilization V... any time anything bad ever happens in that game it's always blamed on me, and I can never win a game anymore without having gone to war with every AI at least once.

"The AI dislikes you because your friend denounced you."

"The AI dislikes you because your friend backstabbed you"

"The AI dislikes you because one of their friends dislikes you."

"The AI dislikes you because you started out where they wanted to start out."

"The AI dislikes you because you're friends with people they want to be friends with."

(After someone declares war on me) "The AI dislikes you because you're a warmongering menace to the world"

"The AI dislikes you because you refused their offer of [Pearls] in exchange for [1000 gold, Whales, Gold, Silver, Gems, Incense, Wine, 5 Horses, 10 Iron, Open Borders, 3 of your cities, and going to war with your own best friend]
This a MILLION times over. It's so... STUPID. The AI needs to be heavily modified in the game. Really makes the game annoying if everyone hates you ALL the time for no reason. I went back to Civ 4

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
The electro arena in Pokemon White/Black.

Tell me, with a Grass starter, and a bird, and a psychic, how do you beat 3 pokemon that all know electro, flying, fire and dark moves? Also, ALL ground moves available up to that point in the game, those flying/electro bastards are immune to. They have no other weaknesses, but are super effective against 99% of what you can have.
Also, RAAAAAAAAGE. (And lots of super potions)

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
FollowUp said:
Chapter 25 of the Gameboy Fire Emblem
Goddamnit.

Seriously, every time I play this chapter someone important dies. One of the main enemy's hit's you FOUR TIMES
The one with Lyn, Hector and Eliwood? If you say yes, I love you.
The Seldom Seen Kid said:
Fire Emblem. (The one for the GC, I forgot the subtitle.)

In one of the final levels of the game, out of nowhere, the game spawns THE FINAL BOSS OF THE GAME RIGHT BEHIND YOU. He then proceeds to insta-kill one of your party member (usually the healers you keep at the back of the party), and then vanish.
Done. Kapoot. Finished. Dead.
You've lost that healer for the rest of the game :mad:

Curses have never been uttered so loudly before.
Path of Radiance. Fun, fun game. Oh, good FE tactics: Healers belong in middle.

OT: Fire Emblem loves to troll you, no matter which game it is. It will always try to kill off the character you love and baby, and will ALWAYS let the ones you despise survive the entire game.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Just recently in Oblivion with those damn spider people in the Shivering isles.

Their close range attack has about a 90% chance of knocking away you're defenses, which means that every single hit you are just stumbling backwards seeing how they attack about three times in half a second.

I suck at the game, so it needs to give me a break.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Rather than talking about one of the older Fire Emblems I am going to say the newish one for DS. Anyone who has played any Fire Emblem game knows it can be a pain to keep everyone alive but I take it as a measure of success. But no...not in Shadow Dragon. No, there you GET EFFING REWARDED THE MORE YOU FAIL! Many of the bonus levels are only accessible if you have a certain number of people alive the. Pisses me off sooooo much!

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Fallout 3's ending:

My character: *Enters the control room after popping Rad-X and putting on the best radiation suit in the game, enters purifier activation code, then keels over dead for no apparent reason*

Me: "... WHUT."

Saargston

Feb 17, 2010
Demon's Souls trolled me pretty hard last week. I was trying to get the bad ending, but after I beat the last boss, I was disconnected from the server and when I came back to seal the deal, the maiden in black was gone.