Ever been trolled by a single player game/campaign ?

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
FO:New Vegas does this....thing sometimes, where it'll have complete an annoyingly long SEVEN part quest...and then the last part is "hoof it all the way across the map again, and let the quest giver know of your success." Wtf? You can't use a flippin radio? Or just ask the bloke you sent along to the quest giver to inform him/her (I'm looking at Boomer with the Crush on the Crimson Caravan girl)!

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
InnerRebellion said:
FollowUp said:
Chapter 25 of the Gameboy Fire Emblem
Goddamnit.

Seriously, every time I play this chapter someone important dies. One of the main enemy's hit's you FOUR TIMES
The one with Lyn, Hector and Eliwood? If you say yes, I love you.
What a game. I believe that particular level was called Victory or Death? I remember reloading it a lot. Then when I finally get to the end boss (Linus I think he's called?) he destroys my Paladins.
Always take a Berserker, always.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Fire Emblem:
"Let's see, I know the enemy could 1 shot me, but i'm attacking first with a 93% chance of hitting him and if I hit him once he'll die, even if I miss I get two attacks, no way he'll survive this turn. Even if I miss his hit chance is a pathetic 4%, so I guess i'll just attack him. Missed first attack, missed second attack, he attacks first next turn. He hits, my favorite character dies. Fuck it i'm doing the chapter over!"
The random number god is a fucking cheater.

Also Eternal Darkness, the game's selling point is that it trolls you.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Saints Row 2. Sitting parked at a red light. A cop car comes storming into the side of me and I get a wanted level. Damn dirty cops.

Oblivion does it too.

"You'd like to fast travel? Sorry there's a lethal mud crab 40 miles away. It could be dangerous you know"

Oh and let's not forget guards with grudges. I punched a guard in Bruma, and ran all the way to Skingrad and stopped just short of the gate. Where the guard from Bruma who had been following me the whole way proceeded to kill me. Bastard.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Fallout 3.

The purifier is full of radiation? Oh well I'll just send in Fawkes, or Charon, or Sergeant RL-3, they're all immune to radiation, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Wait what? I can't send them in? Why?
My destiny? WTF is this, they're immune to radiation why should I or someone else die for no good reason?

Also Harold's death in Fallout 3 was like a troll punching you in the face over and over again considering there is no possible way to save harold no matter what you do.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Watched my friend play Pokemon before, as I played mine, he ran into his first shiny, want to guess what it was?

No, not Ponyta... No, not Spearow... It was Bedoof, Frecking Bederp, you have never seen someone look so happy and sad at the same time.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
TU4AR said:
The Fallout 3 ending.

Sure, you can send a guy in to save the world and nobody will die. Oh wait, you can't. You have to kill yourself. Also, you're not allowed to make your own moral choice, if you side with the president, you're "evil".

I fucking hated that story.
Siding with the President and using the FEV, you mean? Because the whole point of that is that it would kill every single person who has mutated at all, which is basically everyone non-Enclave. Yeah, that's a little bit evil.

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
Well, the trolling didn't really anger me but It would have pissed off some MW2 fans. Anyway, In the campaign of Battlefield Bad Company 2 there are 2 references towards Modern Warfare 2. One which was when Sweetwater (the medic) complained about Bad Company getting the boot and the Army sending in some "Special Ops douchebags with pussy ass heart-beat monitors" Instead of them. The second trolling was when Haggard (Demolition) remarked that "Snowmobiles are for sissies"

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Blueruler182 said:
Can't believe nobody's said this yet, but I believe there's a certain cake that's status was questionable for the entirety of a game.

Other than that, Fallout 3. Maybe I just suck at it (probably), but the only time I tried to pick someone's pocket the entire town of megaton decided to chase me into the bar where I swiftly hid at the tip of the stairs with a sledge hammer and wound down the towns numbers over the next two hours.
and thats why you save before you do things like pickpockets, hack terminals, and pick locks(or trying to force them more specifically)

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Yes, with F-Zero GX.

Almost everything about this game makes it seem like the game is offcially determined to screw with me.

It was the first game I ever played that I offically hate, I was disappaointed with Nintendo for it, I went as far to consider it the closest they ever went to something like E.T for the Atari 2600.

Edit: Also in a more gentle note: Oblivion had me spent forever closing Oblivion Gates at 1 part of the main quest, no wonder bethesta favored the player going their own route.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
cgmetallica1981 said:
Fallout: New Vegas. Seriously? A damn slide-show for an ending? Not to mention that it was a terrible ending, the narrator blatantly stated I screwed everything up and made the Mojave into an anarchy.
well then in the case of the later(the anarchy) isn't that kinda your fault?

cookieXkiller

Mar 7, 2010
modern warfare 2
that game kills you like 3 times
and then the second you hop on multi player you get noob tubed
and civilization two the AI on hard is just out to troll you all the time

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
I vividly remember yelling at a certain "box and floor spikes" puzzle in the original God of War.

Oh, and the tower of sword thingies in Hades. Whoever designed that was trollin.