Ever been trolled by a single player game/campaign ?

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
AgDr_ODST said:
ChupathingyX said:
Fallout 3.

The purifier is full of radiation? Oh well I'll just send in Fawkes, or Charon, or Sergeant RL-3, they're all immune to radiation, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Wait what? I can't send them in? Why?
My destiny? WTF is this, they're immune to radiation why should I or someone else die for no good reason?

Also Harold's death in Fallout 3 was like a troll punching you in the face over and over again considering there is no possible way to save harold no matter what you do.
well the Broken Steel add on did come along later on there is that... And define 'death' because I didn't have to kill Harold when I stumbled across Oasis..I mean sure he wanted to die but i convinced him to spread his gift across the wasteland
The fact that Bethesda planted Harold in that very spot and no matter what you do he will never be free, which basically makes him dead and useless. The only way we're ever going to see him again is if we come back to the Capital Wasteland.

Also spreading his "gift" across the wasteland is stupid considering that's what the fricken GECKs were invented for. Yet in Fallout 3 for some reason activating the GECK kills you. How the hell does a Kit mostly full of seeds and soil blow up and kill you?
well the way you were talking it sounded like you were griping cause every time or the one time all that the game would let you do is kill him, him being rooted to one spot (and you know a living tree) is a different matter entirely. As for the Geck I'd always send Fawkes in after it and supposing I got my mits on it personally I never tried using so that thing killing you is utter WTF Bullshit

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
SnootyEnglishman said:
Ghosts and Goblins for the NES. In that you had to complete the whole thing twice just to beat the game and even then you had to be wearing specific items and not die once.

I'd also like to nominate Battletoads as well.
God...Damnit...games were so much harder in the 8-bit era...Battletoads....blaaaaaaaarg!

I remember playing My Hero on Sega. When you solved it, all that happened were that you started at the beginning again but everything went faster...I got to the 7th playthrough before I died and never touched the game again :p

And action fighter.........AAAAAAAAAAAAAARG. Thank god for easy difficulty and story based games :p

Even though I enjoy myself some nice Super Meat Boy retro hell now and then :D

May 5, 2010
In Oblivion, I was once chased through the woods by nothing less then 2 minotaurs, a troll, 3 bandits, and a wolf. At the same time.

What do you think?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
well the way you were talking it sounded like you were griping cause every time or the one time all that the game would let you do is kill him, him being rooted to one spot (and you know a living tree) is a different matter entirely. As for the Geck I'd always send Fawkes in after it and supposing I got my mits on it personally I never tried using so that thing killing you is utter WTF Bullshit[/quote]

The fact that he is rooted in the ground and therefore unable to move and therefore has become a useless character makes him practically dead to the series.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
merkin flerp said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
In Oblivion, I was once chased through the woods by nothing less then 2 minotaurs, a troll, 3 bandits, and a wolf. At the same time.

What do you think?
i think your story sucks
Can you stop trolling our forums?
You're not even subtle about it. Not only are you a troll, you're a bad troll.

ninetails593

Nov 18, 2009
The insta-kills in Halo Reach. You're an armored space marine, pumped up for the assault, charging into battle flying around in a moment of badassery, and you die because of a plasma coil 5 feet to your right.

That_one_guy

Mar 1, 2011
If there has ever been one game that I thought was deliberately trying to irritate me, it would have to be Legend of Zelda: OoT.

Grass Temple: The Wall Masters. A monster deliberately designed to piss you off by dragging you to the entrance of the dungeon. For a gamer grinding through the dungeon in the middle of the night, sleep deprived with poor reflexes (i.e. me) it took a nightmarish 4 hours. The sun was up and the coffee was cold by the time I had cleared it.

Not that it mattered. I had to restart the game when I found out that I used the wrong keys in the wrong doors in the Water Temple.

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
Irridium said:
Little Lamplight.

The kids are immortal, and they know it. They use this knowledge to endlessly act tough, make you do stuff for them so you can get through their ply-wood defenses, and just generally ***** you out constantly.
Agreed. All I wanted to do was push the little buggers aside and break down their stupid defences.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Nature in Red Dead Remdemption.

I just took out 20+ guys from on top of my horse and one cougar comes along and proceeds to maul my horse, knock me to the ground and then eat my face off.

Damn nature, you scary.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Call of Duty Classic/1.
If you die, you spawn at a checkpoint, like normal.
If you die as you hit that checkpoint, you will keep on spawning and dying until Time itself ends or you restart the level...
Never fun when you're on Veteran!

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
AgDr_ODST said:
ChupathingyX said:
AgDr_ODST said:
ChupathingyX said:
Fallout 3.
SNIP
Well about the G.E.C.K., it should say 'The G.E.C.K. will collapse all matter within its given radius and recombine it to form a living, breathing, fertile virgin landscape and allow life to begin anew.' so yeah.

My example of a single player campaign trolling me, dust in some of the BF:BC2 missions. Most notably the mission in the desert when you're looking for the ship. You would be lucky if you even saw a silhouette. I get the high amount of dust for multiplayer but there's no way someone went over it in the singleplayer and couldn't have thought it was overdone.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
The list is long and distinguished.
Worst one... and probably 1st I remember other than pokemon was FF-9. Happened to my older brother but w/e. He climbed up this well in the passage to Burmencia to the top of a mountain and a green dragon like 20 levels hire than him one shots his party. He through the controller I sat speechless but laughin my arse off in mah head. I now always think, why did they put this area here?!

Also Silver elites in Halo 1 on legendary, I've never beat a level on that difficulty in a single life. And level 2 once you crash (any difficulty) so many times the banshies have run me over.
So many years ago.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
nico74 said:
You said pokemon and now I can't think of anything else so...the caves in the older pokemon games. With the weaker graphics and my lower skills I would spend hours in the caves fighting Zubat after FREAKING Zubat.
It's in all of the pokemon-games. Zubats and Geodudes. And in every single one you need to go through a &$#king cave to get to the pokemon league. And you'll need to bring along a pokemon who knows certain HM moves you'd normally leave in the box.

I hate caves in those games, and always make sure to fill my backbag with repels.

Also Hookshot in Resident Evil zero. It takes two places in your inventory, you'll need it in the beginning, then not for a while, and then again, and you have most likely left in where you last used it, so you get to backtrack. Also that game doesn't have the magic boxes so you need to carry that thing along with you everywhere. And it's a stupid solution to the obstacles it's used to solve anyway.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It was in Diamond or was it Platinum that I was in the start mountain cave (where that legendary fire/steel Pokémon was located. At this point I was force to be pair up by a NPC Buck and his Claydol.
Anyway at some point in the cave I encounter a shiny Slugma however since I was pair up with Buck, Slugma was pair up with Graveler (you can only capture a Pokémon when it by itself). I use my Pokémon to fainted Graveler (I had too many powerful moves) and he process to faint the shiny Slugma (seriously that was a troll since any Pokémon trainer with intelligent would of capture it too).
I ragged so much afterward and it was even worst when my mate told me that you can target your ally Pokémon (if I had done that then I would have capture that shiny Slugma).

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Fallout: New Vegas. Vault 11

So it starts like most other Vaults. Something went horribly wrong and Vaults have good loot. Your fighting weak radroaches and probably thinking that this is a low level Vault, then you get to the Overseers office. Now to the games credit if you were reading the computers and posters up to that point you most likely guessed that there was something bad down there and the "go to the light, the light is your friend." speech doesn't help either. However there are 3 factors keeping you from walking away.
A)Everything you have seen up to this point; the enemies, the location of the vault on your map, the "loot", all pointed towards this being a low level vault. Quite possibly the first one you would explore.
B)The "loot". The best stuff is the always at the end.
C)The NEED to know. What is down there? Does it still work? Well I could save right here and go.

So you went. You walked into the light, sat down, and watched a video about everyone's roll in life. . . . then the walls drooped down, the exit locked and robots shot you from every direction. If you were not equipped to fight those robots and at least a level 16-17 (estimate), you died, and God help any companions you brought with you, especially in Hardcore mode. The Pulse gun helps, but the only place to get it is Vault 34, which is not a cakewalk and requires a 100 lockpick.

So lets say you beat it, what was your prize? 500 exp. and some robot stuff.

. . .

Fuck you game.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
Irridium said:
Little Lamplight.

The kids are immortal, and they know it. They use this knowledge to endlessly act tough, make you do stuff for them so you can get through their ply-wood defenses, and just generally ***** you out constantly.
Yeah... that does tick me off.

Rassmusseum

Oct 11, 2010
Possible Spoilers.

Bulletstorm, when you are trying to escape the room with the DNA bomb, only to end up right where you started.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010

Fuck you Gary Oak. Fuck you.
I know that there are other rivals and that when you first get your Pokemon they only every know tackle, scratch, pound or some other worthless early normal-type attack (and one of the attack/defense effectors), but Gary Oak is the most infamous and later on their starter Pokemon can be a *****. Especially when you're doing a Nuzlocke Run. I've never hated a Feraligator so much in my entire life.