Ever failed first level?

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
I managed it on the third try, but i know enough people who failed the "tutorial" level of Driver 1 (where you have to pull off some professional driving maneuvers within a strict time limit) so often that they never saw the rest of the game.

I wonder what those people would've thought of the "Nintendo Hard" President Level at the end of the game.

Other notable Mentions:

Any NES Mega Man i played
Most Metal Slug Games
Ninja Gaiden (XBOX) (strangely, not NG2, wich might be easier than the first, but is still f**king hard)
Gears of War 1 (wich is very weird, because, at least in CoOp, i thought GOW1 was mostly easy, and not even that hard on "Insane")
I wanna be the guy
Jumpman Junior
Contra
Gothic 2 and it's Expansion (no Levels there, but the real-life me has better chances to defeat the giant rats etc of the starting area than a Level 1 Character)
Also, the second levels of The Darkness and Far Cry

and, most recent and frustratingly: Bit.Trip.Beat. I know most patterns in my sleep by now, and still didn't get through the first Level/Mode.

SilentVirus

Jul 23, 2009
Kodlak said:
Ninja Gaiden Black, never completed the first level on my own if I remember correctly. Always struggled at the boss fight.
You stole mine >.<, That game was just stupidly hard. Even on easy.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Grim Fandago. Never have gotten to the crime scene you're suppose to get to. Though I ended up learning to appeicate game soundtracks out of it.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Darth Rahu said:
Level One of Demon's Souls
Lol!

I'm surprised this one took so long to come out. I was going to say that too.

Truthfully though I'm not all that great at a lot of game generes. I actually lost to Death in Dante's Inferno the first time I tried to fight him. I'm just not that great at brawlers and take a while to get into a groove :p

Also if I think there are probably some "Adventure" games that had me looking for a walkthrough early on if I didn't want to play pixel hunting games.

Cade the Imperfect

Mar 29, 2008
I have never been unable to complete a first level but their have been countless games where i have died in the first level and i just stare at the screen going...wow..you would think i would be good at these games by now..

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I borrowed Superman 64 once.

Never got past the first task on the first level, tried for half an hour then realised I was being an idiot. #Off switch#

paddyfro

Oct 2, 2009
well its not really the first level, well it kinda is,
so anyway final fantasy vii -
when it first came out. you make your way thru the first mako reactor when you come upon your first boss battle with the big mechanical scorpion. and you get the helpful message that says not to attack when its tail is up..... well i missed that message and thought it said "TO ATTACK" when its tail is up....
so after many many many tries i gave up the game for a few months and when i came back and read the message i felt like a very silly boy indeed.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
savageoblivi0n said:
Doitpow said:
CoD 4 level 1

This guy just kept dragging me out of a car, tying me up and shooting me. Couldn't beat it. Returned the game I was so mad. Must've missed a quick time event or something.
[http://www.motifake.com/double-facepalm-demotivational-poster-50604.html]

http://www.funnycorner.net/funny-pictures/5605/Sarcasm.jpg

super_mumbles

Sep 24, 2008
Megaman - NES - Always on Gutsmans stage. I could never do those damn platforms

Super ghouls and Ghosts - SNES - For 10 minutes I had no idea you could double jump

Contra - NES - I forgot to grab power-ups and completely failed

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Oh man, Thats an easy one Demons Souls, hands down, and It wasnt just me either, me and about 5 of my friends have tried that game, it is just too damn hard for its own good. (and we are in our 20's were not little kids who cant play games.)
Also I have died heaps of times on the first level.
When I was a kid I sucked (and was kinda frightened) of GoldenEye, It took me all my courage and skill (or lack of) to beat the first level on my 15th attempt or so.
Oh few other people said Super Mario Bros, I gotta say the same, however I was never stuck on those but I did die a couple of times.

MegamattZero

Oct 5, 2004
"I wanna be the Guy"

Took me a minute to get passed the apples. But if you go the bottom way, I had to look up the shooting the spike....

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Stealth games (stupid splinter cell...) i'm awful at them, and rarely finish them, and often die on level 1 multiple times.