Ever play a game too much and it carries over into real life?

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
Soon after getting Red Dead Redemption and playing it non-stop, I was walking through my house and thought I heard a noise and my first reaction was to try and get my revolver out. After a few seconds I realised what I had just tried and started laughing.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
Heh, I played too much SR2 and found myself looking over to a number of cars and laugh at the fact that I see the same like...four types of cars :3.

I also considering just rip-open a car door and drag out a guy and steal a car..but..meh...

fanozelda9

Dec 10, 2009
I played the Legend of Zelda 2 to the point that I started changing channels trying to downstab the enemies in my head.

Daestar

Jul 11, 2010
I've played Half-Life 2 for a really long time, then be walking down a hallway and be all tense looking in doorways for headcrabs.

Also, whenever I play Assassin's Creed, any amount of time, I just want to free-run to anywhere. Or jump at someone and assassinate them...but I usually don't, although I will twist my wrists to try to get a hidden blade out.

MultiColouredWonder

Jan 27, 2010
When I played Fallout 3 for almost 24 hours straight, my first instict when I saw people was to kill them immediatley and take everything they had in their pockets.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Once my friend walked past me without noticing and my finger flinched for the square button so I could take him out with a stealth kill... too much Uncharted 2...

crazie_soviet

Feb 17, 2010
i was playing Singularity from start to finish in one night then i went out saw some broken stairs and tried to reverse age on them to see what was up them and also a friend was running towards me and i tried to deadlock him. holding your hand beside you then thrusting it forward in a public place is a great way to get tons of weird looks

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
When you start thinking about which surfaces are metallic and therefore could not have portals put on them. I mean hypothetically speaking of course...

Michael Jacobson

May 29, 2010
I remember when I was young and playing Zelda OOT for my first time through and I was on the water temple -worst dungeon ever- and I got so into finding a key I actually glanced at the corners of my living room and the floors for a moment.

Patrick Dare

Jul 7, 2010
saintchristopher said:
Ever play Grand Theft Auto four like, 6 hours and then have to drive somewhere? There's a lesson in "Oh wait, I can't do that."
This happened to me after 4 first came out and me and roommate would play it all day. Any time I drove somewhere I wanted to speed around corners, driving recklessly in a way that would get you killed and total your car in real life. Oh yeah, and don't forget the jumps.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
I occasionally fantasize about having my own portal gun/awesome TF2 weapons (perhaps at the same time) and all the completely absurd things you could do.

Daniel Armstrong

Feb 21, 2010
My claim to fame is this;

I bought Ace Combat 6 for my Xbox 360, loved it, every minute of it, I love jets and planes and other things of the liking; therefore I joined the Air Cadets (ATC) for over 6 months until I got sick of the repetitive drills etc. I then decided to pursue my interests in school - I applied for Newcastle College for the course Advanced Diploma in Aerospace Engineering (rocket science), I've been given a conditional offer, yes that's right, Ace Combat made me want to pursue a career in aeronautical mechanics , I'm considering joining the RAF or pursuing advanced courses in jets or helicopters in the liking for my later courses.

TL;DR - Ace Combat creates future Aerospace Engineer.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
For a short while after playing Fallout 3 I couldn't help but obsess over every bobby pin lying on the band room floor.
I'm sure my brother didn't appreciate my stealth-assassinating him randomly after playing AC 1 & 2.
I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins and keep seeing my conversations in trees

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
Jedoro said:
Modern Warfare 2

I've seen or heard planes overhead, and immediately thought they were an enemy UAV or AC130. Luckily, I've realized they weren't before running for cover.
what about having your cellphone ring and you think it's a nuke

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
Jedoro said:
Modern Warfare 2

I've seen or heard planes overhead, and immediately thought they were an enemy UAV or AC130. Luckily, I've realized they weren't before running for cover.
what about having your cellphone ring and you think it's a nuke
Well, I have the ringtone from Crank and Crank II so I keep thinking a good friend is in some trouble and I gotta fix him up whenever someone calls.