Everybody loves donuts. I know I do!

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
What's your favorite donut? Mine's the Boston creme donut. Custard is one of my favorite flavors on Earth, but adding chocolate and wrapping it in a dough cocoon of happiness? Perfection.

Yes, I know it's a pie. But damn it, I had the donut first, and the donut is what I LOVE!

SO GOOD.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
We don't have it over here but I was in London a few years ago and developed a temporary obsession with Krispy Kreme (even the name sounds like diabeetus) doughnuts.

I generally don't have a big sweet tooth but I really liked the plain glazed one, I don't think I've had any since.
If anyone wants to post some to me, that would be super awesome.

Kolby Jack

Apr 29, 2011
Colour Scientist said:
We don't have it over here but I was in London a few years ago and developed a temporary obsession with Krispy Kreme (even the name sounds like diabeetus) doughnuts.

I generally don't have a big sweet tooth but I really liked the plain glazed one, I don't think I've had any since.
Krispy Kreme is fairly big in America as well. Not Dunkin Donuts big, but generally if there's a fundraiser selling donuts or a mass stock of glazed donuts for some event, they'll be Krispy Kremes. And yes, they are delicious and I don't think I've ever met someone who doesn't love them. I don't even know if they make other kinds of donuts, to be honest. o_O

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Colour Scientist said:

Mmm yes Krispy Kreme. There's a shop in Leeds and Tesco sometimes have them. I love the chocolate ones and the strawberries and cream ones.

I also like the caramel custard ones from my work :D

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Colour Scientist said:

How was the donut? Was it intact and slightly cool? Or was it warm and melty, similar to eating what can only be described as biting into a cloud?

There aren't too many Krispy Kreme locations here in the US either. I believe they started to shut down when there was that stupid Atkins diet craze. They have lights outside that turn on as an indicator that fresh donuts have been made.

I actually went into one location for the first time several months ago. There was just one employee working the back. He had donuts slowly traveling down the conveyor belt, just inching along, where they would come into contact with a steel bar. As the donuts piled up they would tumble over the edge--into a garbage can! It's some type of policy apparently; when they say "fresh" they mean it.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
EeveeElectro said:
It is my mission to go to a Greggs at Escapism.
I'll be very upset if someone doesn't take me. :D

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
We just got a Dunkin Doughnuts in Cambridge, and I have to go past it on the way to work.
Trying to not spend all my money on getting fat.

My favourite is either the plain glazed or the half caramel covered one.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
EeveeElectro said:
It is my mission to go to a Greggs at Escapism.
I'll be very upset if someone doesn't take me. :D
Stick with me baby, I have a discount card.
I treated some others last Escapsim with it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I can't enjoy donuts any more.

Every time I take a bite I start imagining rolls of fat. (Which, oddly enough, doesn't stop me from eating ice cream.)

But back in the day I was all about the regular, plain donuts or the ones with cream inside. Putting icing on top just seems excessive. You're taking a sweet and adding a layer of sweet on top.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
We had a Krispy Kreme gift box at Christmas once. Oh my heavens...such delightful decadence. I couldn't figure out which one was my favourite. A nice plain one without icing is always good, though. They'r really sweet enough without it.

mistahzig1

May 29, 2013
I guess I'm really weird because I absolutely hate anything sweet. Pies, cakes, donuts, chocolate, you name it.

It even hurts my mouth when I take a bite of anything like that.

Go figure

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah Krispy Kreme are my favourite even if they are too sugary (I can feel the acid doing they work and pretty much make my stomach acidy sometime too).
The donuts from Greggs are also good too (great now I got the urge to buy one the next time I go there for lunch).
Lastly I also like friend donuts that you get from those stand with sugar sprinkle on it!

Coruptin

Inaction Master
Jul 9, 2009
I like plain wheat doughnuts sometimes maybe with a sprinkle of brown sugar
I am actually the worst person, yes

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I fucking hate doughnuts, they're rank. The only ones that are slightly tolerable are the ones filled with jam, but then you get sticky gunge all over your fingers.

Steak Bakes from Greggs is where it's at, believe.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
I love doughnuts. We eat them all the time. Home town bakery ones are the best. All doughnuts are fantastic, but sugared and blueberry are the top ones for me. Mmmm I might have to make a batch of them tonight....

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
A question, is anything that is like a... round thing with sugar on and maybe jam or something inside a donut/doughnut?
Because in my native tongue, "donitsi" looks like this:

While something that does not have the hhole in the middle is a "munkki"

For antive English speakers, are these all doughnuts/donuts?

And to answer the question, yes I like them :)

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
I confine myself to eating raw kayle, spinach or broccoli for sustenance. Being a condescending prick is much easier when you treat your body like a fucking temple.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Guffe said:
A question, is anything that is like a... round thing with sugar on and maybe jam or something inside a donut/doughnut?
Because in my native tongue, "donitsi" looks like this:

While something that does not have the hhole in the middle is a "munkki"

For antive English speakers, are these all doughnuts/donuts?

And to answer the question, yes I like them :)
It might depend on where you're from, but here in Alberta those are both typically called 'donuts' in conversation. The only distinctions I can think of that would come up without the conversation being specifically about different kinds of donuts would be either Timbits (doughnut holes) or Long Johns.

Kolby Jack

Apr 29, 2011
Flutterguy said:
I confine myself to eating raw kayle, spinach or broccoli for sustenance. Being a condescending prick is much easier when you treat your body like a fucking temple.
A coworker of mine brought in a mixture of kale and fruit juice to work one day because he was trying the latest weight-loss fad "juicing" (literally you just juice things, I don't even get it). I tried some. I think if I were live predominately off of that stuff, I'd end up shooting myself in the head. But hey, if it works for you...