Evil Genius Gets Busted After Taunting Cops On Facebook

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
He's an evil genius, you say?

If he is, we'll have to assume that getting caught was part of his plan.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Andronicus said:
darkstone said:
kidd25 said:
kebab4you said:
>Evil Genius
What now? I see the "evil" part but sure as hell not an genius.
i also wish to see the genius part of the story?
I think the title was meant to be read in an ironic sense.
Just wanted to point out that, in this case, the word you're looking for is "sarcastic", rather than "ironic".

OT: If "attention seeking" was a crime, these kinds of criminals should be locked up for life.
Actually by the definition, couldn't that be either sarcastic or ironic? As Irony is defined as 'the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning', surely calling him an 'evil genius' would achieve that?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

OT: Ahahahhahahahhahahhahahahaha...ahahhaha...haha...ha...hahaaha...

BSCCollateral

Jul 9, 2011
GraveeKing said:
Well if they were smart - they wouldn't be criminals would they?
I know it's such a basic, simple thing to say but it's just true!
Yeah, pretty much.

Of course, there's any number of "stupid criminal" stories dating back decades. I still love the one about the guy who thought lemon juice would make him invisible to cameras.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
...Can people relly be this stupid? Apperently they can!

I really wish stupid stuff like this was just some kind of eleborate joke...

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
Well...I guess there is at least ONE benefit to a failing educational system. You know I'm not really seeing the 'brilliant but evil' line here. It's more like 'annoying and moronic'.

ctlee93

Apr 17, 2009
i would love to see a law and order like this. the guy is thought to steal something, posts on fb that he did it and then the show ends. three minute show and epic.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
"Honestly throw me a bone here....what do we have?" "Seabass." "......rrriiigght." "They are mutated seabass." "Really? Are they ill-tempered?" "Absolutely." "Oh...okay. T-that's a start."

Sorry it's the first think that hit my mind when they put Evil Genius and Taunting Cops in the same sentence.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
He looks sulky.

Really though, the Brooklyn thing gave him away? Unless they had a way of tracking it to make sure (insert cyber police joke here) he could have just fed them a false trail and ran.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
When I frist read this, I thought it said countRy, and not county and I was about to post that putting him as top ten in the whole US of A was a bit excessive.

More on topic though... its rather funny what facebook has done for cops. who needs to work the beat when you can just load up a facebook page.

And I loved the cop's reaction. So relaxed. They may have well just said "he may as well have just invited us in".

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
mjc0961 said:
Okay, I changed my mind. Facebook is good for ONE thing: letting really stupid criminals practically turn themselves in. If only more criminals were this stupid.
I do not know what you are talking about. These actions clearly shows that Burgos is not only a genius but a smooth, handsome genius at that. I cannot fathom how the police managed to find such a suave gangsta and can only hope future criminals do not follow his legendary example.

Just play along guys. We want more idiotic criminals to out themselves via Facebook. They're idiots so they just might fall for this.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
Wow. People are stupid. If this is the standard for genius, then the average Joe must be Alakazam.