Excuse-O-Rama

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The Wooster said:
Areloch said:
This is the same logic as "It doesn't matter if the character's written like this, they were made by a writer, and therefor it's _____ist".
If a character is sexist, that's because the writing is sexist. I'm not seeing how that's a controversial statement.
its not contraversial. its just wrong. a sexist character can be portrayed in many ways that does not include writing or the writer to be a sexist. portraying a character that is sexist means only that - the chracter is sexist. and nothing more.

SeanSeanston

Dec 22, 2010
Yuuki said:
I just wish Kojima hadn't conjured up all that bullshit about breathing through skin
It's interesting though and very Metal Gear.

Wouldn't be surprised if he came up with the skin-breathing first and then gave it to a woman for extra boobishness.

Anyway, it's not like the men in MGS have a reputation for being fully clothed in baggy clothes. Vamp is shirtless most of the time. Liquid didn't mind going topless in Alaska.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
SeanSeanston said:
Yuuki said:
I just wish Kojima hadn't conjured up all that bullshit about breathing through skin
It's interesting though and very Metal Gear.

Wouldn't be surprised if he came up with the skin-breathing first and then gave it to a woman for extra boobishness.

Anyway, it's not like the men in MGS have a reputation for being fully clothed in baggy clothes. Vamp is shirtless most of the time. Liquid didn't mind going topless in Alaska.
Don't forget the fact that you spend 99% of the series staring at a dude's butt. And not just his butt, but a butt that's in a sneaking suit designed to expertly contour around it.