Experienced Points: No Man's Interface

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Sounds like they drew their UI inspiration from Dwarf Fortress.
Meiam said:
I keep thinking something clever is gonna show up if I leave my cursor on an images long enough, am disappointed... or maybe I need to wait longer.
Same.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Welcome back Shamus. I've enjoyed reading your columns at Twentysided.com and am looking forward to seeing them here again.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Welcome back, Shamus. It's a pleasure to see your return. I've enjoyed your long-form articles (not to mention satirical comics like DM of the Rings) for some time.

darch

Oct 18, 2010
Ooh, let's not forget that you can lose millions of units in a single mis-click, which neatly puts paid to the "hold a key to make sure you mean it" malarkey.

I was delighted to see your byline again, Shamus. :)

TheSlothOverlord

Mar 20, 2013
Having you back is probably one of the best things about the rebirth of Escapist :D.

Also, I'm surprised that more people didn't talk about NMS's interface, cause holy shit does it sound bad.

manitoublack

Sep 3, 2010
Came back lurking to see what was happening here and... WOAH!! Experience Points and The Big Picture are both back.I always enjoyed your articles and look forward to reading a few more :)

Regards
Jordan

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Shamus Young said:
The interface for No Man's Sky is a crazy funhouse of random behavior that will make you question your sanity.
This is my favorite sentence I've read all week.

Also I've missed editing lines from columns into their creators' OPs. It feels like the good old days again.