Explain your username/avatar.

May 5, 2010
Username:
It's the codename the producers of the TV show "Lost" used for the 3rd season finale.

It's a screenshot I took from an "Extra Credits" video. I believe Daniel Floyd (that's his name, right?) said something like "When parents perceive smut being sold to their children, the controversy pot starts to boil." That's The Controversy Pot. When I was watching it, I paused the video, laughed my ass off, then immediately thought, "That has to be my avatar." He just looks so damn happy.

Thelvan

Oct 10, 2010
Username:
The nickname of Sirius Black and the number 336 represents the page number in The Hogfather where Death explains what makes a human human.

First Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
Username: Way back in high school my friend was obsessed with the manga Tokyo Mew Mew. She thought I reminded her a lot of Lettuce, the clumbsy, shy girl with glasses. My hair was green at the time, and I had just become a vegetarian, so it stuck and pretty much became my username everywhere. People started calling me Salad, so I added it to my username wherever Lettuce was already taken. The extra L is a typo.

Avatar: I looked like Lain when I started my account here. Also love the anime.

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
Username: Been my online handle for years. Long story behind it, won't get into it.

mcriggs

Jun 29, 2009
Username:
My sophmore year in high school, geometry. Me and a couple of friends were dicking around, and someone we got on this conversation of the "Mc's" in front of things, such as McDonalds. And we were talking about how when you put "Mc" in front of any word, it becomes instantly cool (which, imo, still works). So we put it in front of our teacher's name, hence McRiggs.

Dunno really. nicked it from a friend online. Love the little alien bugger though. <3

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Username: Fightgarr, scratchiest voiced of the Cheat Commandos. Kinda almost English-soundingest most headband wearin'ing Cheat Commando around. (Also I added an extra 'r' for some reason) Cheat Commandos... Riggity Roll![footnote]But I thought it was Roc- Whatever, it's Riggity Roll now.[/footnote]

Avatar: Every single avatar I've had thus far has been drawn by me. This particular one is of an alternate version of myself as a child. It's related to a drawing project/performance piece I created for a show, involving a children's book meant to break horrible truths to kids. The image is my childhood self wearing a fishbowl on his head, looking dismayed. The text that would normally go with this piece reads: "You will never be an astronaut". Disclaimer: No I do not intend to read this book to children. This is one of the least harsh truths in that book, and even this one I would find inappropriate to say to a five year-old.

EDIT:
Bonus section
Custom title: Creature of the Week [http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81] is one of the 5 weekly community activities/competitions at ConceptArt.org (a massive forum for concept artists and illustrators). I am the co-admin in charge of running Creature of the Week. You can check out my creature designs on my digital art blog, found here. [http://maycontaindragons.blogspot.com]

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
I like the song my name references, and I started using vintage pictures of young boys in sailor outfits for all my avatars a while ago.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
name: I like werewolves so I use this one
avatar: a cubchoo I think it's cute and alot like me

Melian

Feb 11, 2011
Username: Obscure Lord of the Rings reference, from my early nerd-days when my obsession with Middle Earth knew no bounds. After a while, it stuck, and I haven't bothered changing it. It's easy to pronounce at least...
Avatar: My Steam Account picture.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Ice Car said:
spartan1077 said:
Username: It's my xbox live name
Avatar: Bridget from Guilty Gear. Why? Because he's the third sexiest man alive. And the cross dressing makes him WAY sexier.
Damn you. Not that there are many people who don't know of Bridget's manhood, but still, there might be...

I knew I remember this from somewhere.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Username - Red is part of my last name, Lin is part of my first name. 5 is my favorite number.

Avatar - Made up by someone on this site who doesn't do avatars anymore. Its my favorite Pokemon destroying Team Rocket. I will change this avatar the day [user]Neonbob[/user] changes his.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Username: Hell if I remember why I chose it, but many years ago it did and it has stuck. Nicknames for me have included "Hater" and "Haderade" and it's used in many inside jokes with old clanmates.

'Nuff said.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
well name is matt king, just connected it to my face book page and my avatar just because i couldn't be arsed to but anything else

Sarahcidal

Jun 1, 2009
username = my name is sarah.. and i tend to kill myself in video games by accident.. (usually by rocket launcher or plummet) sarah+suicidal=sarahcidal ..also im told its a character on csi,

avatar = yeah...thats just a picture of me... with my boobs out... yup.

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
Username: My name is Blaze and I am the only person who is called "Blaze" and doesn't smoke dope that you will ever meet. The 2 is because I screwed up the name choice twice and had to up numbers.

Avatar: A member of The Brotherhood Of Steel from the Fallout series. I have been meaning to change it, but I think he is just too badass to change.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Username - Asuka Soryu, the pilot of Eva 002 in the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Avatar: Asuka Soryu, the pilot of Eva 002 in the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.