Explain your username/avatar.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Mass effect is my favorite game
Black hawk down is my favorite movie and blackhawk super 64 was the second one to be shot down. Her pilot, Mike Durant was taken prisoner and delta snipers Gordon and Shuggart died protecting him.

karatekid19

Feb 6, 2011
Username: My username dates back to when I restarted playing Runescape back in 6th grade. At the time I was in karate lessons, and I considered my self a kid so karatekid. I tried that name in the registration and it said it was already taken (At the time I didn't realize there was a movie called Karate Kid) and karatekid19 was the first "karatekid" with numbers after it that the registration showed. From that point on, I've been attempting to get karatekid19 for all of my usernames. Thus karatekid19.

Avatar: It was just a picture that I found on Bob's House of Video Games. I liked it and it had my favorite TF2 character in it.

Noxshadow

u mad?
Jan 12, 2010
My username used to be "Nightshadow"; which I got when I was in middle school and watched too much X-Men: Evolution. My two favorite characters were Shadow Cat and Nightcrawler. Being 13 years old, I combined the two into something only a 13-year-old would think is cool. But the more sites I registered for, the more I found that Nightshadow was taken; so I swapped some synonyms and got Noxshade. I use variants like "Noxshadow" and "Nyxshade" occasionally.
My avatar is the main antagonist of the BlazBlue series, Terumi. The man spends most of the story viciously mocking the other characters, so I opened photoshop and made an Obama "Hope" parody with him.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Noxshadow said:
My username used to be "Nightshadow"; which I got when I was in middle school and watched too much X-Men: Evolution. My two favorite characters were Shadow Cat and Nightcrawler. Being 13 years old, I combined the two into something only a 13-year-old would think is cool. But the more sites I registered for, the more I found that Nightshadow was taken; so I swapped some synonyms and got Noxshade. I use variants like "Noxshadow" and "Nyxshade" occasionally.
My avatar is the main antagonist of the BlazBlue series, Terumi. The man spends most of the story viciously mocking the other characters, so I opened photoshop and made an Obama "Hope" parody with him.
Haha yes. Terumi FTW.

If any of you are wondering, people call him the "King of Trolls" because in the main story of Continuum Shift, he succeeds at trolling just about every character at one point, never dies and when he's "defeated" he just taunts them before proceeding to kill them. In many instances, he just appears, trolls someone, then leaves before they can do anything. Always has something troll-ish to say.

Dapper Chap

Oct 4, 2010
I am Dapper Chap because I just made it up and didn't think it through much...

My avatar is from a desktop imaged of Big Boss from MGS3. Because he is cool. I shop'd it and came up with what it is now.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
Username - Shadu is sort of my "internet persona." It's my default choice for anything requiring a username. I've been using it since I got my DA account 6 years ago.

Avatar - It's Conrad from Hanna is Not a Boy's Name, but as a kid. The actual story takes place when he's like...twenty four, but this is a picture from his past. The title is "Nothing was wrong originally." He didn't start out to be a nervous wreck, but after his mom took him to doctor after doctor because she thought he was destined to be a pyscho killer, he began to believe it.

DevTrek

Dec 1, 2009
DevTrek is my first email address from when I was totally into Star Trek. Dev is part of my first name, and while I'm not that into Star Trek anymore I've decided the Trek is a neat little expression of my journey through life or whatever and kept the name.

Avatar is a picture from the very find webcomic Crimson Dark.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Name: A song from the latest Dark Tranquillity album, We Are The Void. I did not know it's a Russian city.
Avatar: The tenth Doctor in Doctor who, played by David Tennant, covered in snow.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Username- 'Fiz' is a nickname I got from this bar/restaurant that I frequent. The bartender and the bar manager gave it to me that started as a play on my name, and then condensed down. 'Toaster' is an inside joke between me and a couple of my friends, and one of them actually made a cloth toaster figure for me. I thought it was hilarious that you can kill an enemy with a toaster if the game lets you use anything.

Avatar- It's Heather and Alessa. I love SH3 and I just liked the pic.

Apostacious

Apr 3, 2010
Username: Apostacious derived from the word apostasy "The term is used by sociologists to mean renunciation and criticism of, or opposition to, a person's former religion"

Avatar: captain Picard epically facepalming in the color scheme of a team fortress 2 achievement

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I think America's gun laws a silly and I love Anthrax.

That's pretty much the gist of it. Although it used to be 'wasder' because it's so easy to type.

StealthyNinja

Mar 11, 2010
Username: Completely and utterly random. I may have been reading Naruto at the time.

Avatar: Spheal from Pokemon not giving a fuck about your problem

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
User Name
I'm Mexican-American, and I've studied Japanese (not fluent).

It's Keitaro from Love Hina.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Username: I genuinely have no idea which corner of my mind Serenegoose comes from - I think, basically, I like geese, and they have a reputation for being angry - a serene one was an amusing mental image, and from there, Serenegoose.

Avatar: I'm writing a book about Faeries. They're one of my favourite fantasy races, so I cropped an image from the rulebook of Changeling: The Dreaming which fit 'me' really well. :)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Username: me and my dad sometimes speak in German to each other and one day while having one of these conversations my dad called my bro a a sucker in German (i cant remember the actual word and I'm to lazy to translate)and i thought he said staika, and i liked the sound of it so i just kinda rolled with it. later i found out that staika is actually a tent which is pretty strange.

Avatar: I found it one day randomly surfing google and I thought it was funny so it became my avatar.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
It was a random name I choose years ago when I had to create a name for Steam.

My avatar is from Gurren Lagann, and I uploaded it just a couple of weeks ago, because that was when I had finished the series, and found out that I love it to death.

Before this avatar I used to have one from Pan's Labyrinth. The scene when the pale man puts the eyes in his palms, and puts his hands in front of his face. I think I had that avatar for almost half a year.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Username
Jumbo Palace is a Chinese restaurant in my home town. My two buddies and I all made our Gamertags the name of a Chinese place. I changed my gamertag but I still use JUMBO PALACE for most of my account names.

I like scene chicks.

Accountfailed

May 27, 2009
Username: Accountfailed, My original account (Adam We) bugged, and I can no longer log into it, good work escapist!

Avatar: Adam We, if you don't get the reference watch moar family guy :p

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Username
was a misspelling it was suppost to be cryogeist meaning ice ghost...i think
A terminator from warhammer 40k >:D
EDIT its a summoner now