Extreme weather in your area

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
In Yorkshire we got quite a bit of snow, but it was passable, certainly not as bad as the media made it out to be. My boss on the other hand has been a bit of a diva about it. He said to me that he would be late as he had to get a bus to work as he couldn't dig out his car (even though the majority of the snow had melted by about Wednesday). I couldn't believe it as I have to get two buses to get to work for 8 in the morning, so he got absolutely no sympathy from me. A bit of snow in England and people get a bit hysterical about it in my experience.

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
-40 to -50F in the winter (-40 to -45C)
80 to 90F in the summer. (26 to 32 C)

The most extreme thing that has happened this winter is that we got up to +30 this month, causing freezing rain.

It almost never goes above 0F in January.
It has never gotten warm enough to cause freezing rain in January in the 10+ years I've lived in this city.

-40F in November. +30F (-1 C) in January. WTF is the world coming to.

thejarofdirt882

May 2, 2012
You know what I love about the UK, we have half an inch of snow and the country is thrown into chaos, thanks to a bit of news scare mongering, and makes us look like a bunch of wimps. Although this year it was pretty bad tbh, there was a whole 2 inches! The horror!

We don't really get extreme weather in Wales. Except if you count when we can actually see the sun. Although we tend to get some pretty bad flooding most years in the UK from crazy rainfall (building on flood plains does that didn't ya know) AND manage to have a drought & a hosepipe ban at the same time. It's pretty mild here, and I like it. I like the rain too.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
cathou said:
This morning when i got in my car, the temperature was -32c...
So what did you think of this past week's weather? I hear it's supposed to go up to 6c by next Wednesday... crazy.

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
Well, last week it was like living on the sun, 35+
Now, it's raining and 18....

STAY WITH ME RAIN <3

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
I'm from Florida, so I mostly have to deal with the occasional hurricane and annoyingly hot summers. I haven't been directly in a hurricane for a few years though, so I haven't had to worry about that sort of thing in a while. I remember being frustrated about going long amounts of time without Internet or power when the hurricanes would happen though.