Ezio: "Salute, Claudia."

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Claudia: "Are you here to look at the book?"

Your standard quote topic...with a twist! What are some quotes from games that SHOULDN'T be memorable, but for some reason, you can't get them out of your head?

Stuff like this is intended to be memorable:

I'm talking about the minor lines that you recall.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
The cake is a lie.

It has no right to be memorable, it wasn't funny, it wasn't interesting but people won't shut the hell up about it.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
On the topic of AC2 the "requies ca impace" or whatever phrase he says when standing over the corpse of someone recently assassinated got stuck in my head for a while.

Also the random crap Battlefield Bad Company 2 soldiers say. The Russian is just ridiculous and apparently the "Comoni Casa" or "Ammo Regazza" (I have no idea how it's spelled, just how it sounds to me) phrase the medic says when he's dropping a med pack translates to "Here take some drugs!".

Also the US sniper when he throws a motion mine says what sounds like "Motion sensor tingling". I don't know what a deadpan spiderman reference is doing in BFBC2 but I like it. Some killjoys claim it's "Motion sensor transmitting" but I don't buy that.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
HankMan said:
"We may need you to play Twing Twang" is the only one that comes to mind right away.
How is Heavenly Sword?

I only played the demo, and thought it was okay...I hear the story is really good, though.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Some of the random silly dialogue marines say in the Halo series.

"That thing is so ugly that when it cried the tears came out of the back of its head!"

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
From AC Brotherhood:
"Do you ever look at a tombstone and think to yourself 'THIS is the most significant thing I will do with my life.'?"

From Saint's Row 2:
Shaundi: These guys are insane. They're named after the vodoan god of the dead.
You *British accent*: What the fuck's a vodoan?

From Zelda CD-i:
Ganon: You DARE bring light to mah lair? YOU MUST DIE!

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
AC2. Most hurtful line ever.

Maria Auditore: YOu should find some other outlets.

Ezio: I have plenty of outlets.

Maria: I meant besides vaginas.

That even hurt me.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Alexnader said:
On the topic of AC2 the "requies ca impace" or whatever phrase he says when standing over the corpse of someone recently assassinated got stuck in my head for a while.
It's actually "Requiescat in pace" latin for rest in peace ;)

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Would "Were going in deep and we're going in hard" qualify as a memorable line? What? I just pay very close attention to COD stories. Other than that probably, "If I ever see that Sofia Lamb again, I'll give her the back of me fuckin' hand." Bioshock 2. I still crack up every time I think of it.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
"I'll buy you a beer later Gordon" Half-Life
"About that beer I owed you" Half-Life 2

It's carry over jokes like that that I love.

Pjotr84

Oct 22, 2009
Mekado said:
Alexnader said:
It's actually "Requiescat in pace" latin for rest in peace ;)
Which I've found to sound a bit weird, since it literally translates to "may he rest in peace". You'd expect Ezio'd be talking to the person he's just killed instead of just about him.

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
HankMan said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
HankMan said:
"We may need you to play Twing Twang" is the only one that comes to mind right away.
How is Heavenly Sword?

I only played the demo, and thought it was okay...I hear the story is really good, though.
I've only ever played the demo to I'm afraid. I hadn't actually heard much about it since it's release (the trailer waspretty sweet). I only ever had a PS2 anyway.
For the record, it was a pretty sweet game. I mean, the combat was a straight God of War clone, basically, but (with the exception of the "Twing Twang" sections) it was a solid effort. Not the best game ever, but pretty, and a solid game all the same.

Also, some of the best facial motion capture you'll see in video games until L.A. Noire comes out. Just sayin'.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Does it have to be from a game? Because for some reason I remember a quote from Mad Men delivered by Aaron Staton (maybe better known around here as the lead man in the upcoming LA Noire).
He plays a young accounts guy at the firm and his boss doesn't know who he is. He's used to be the center of attention around all the younger up-and comers in the firm so it surprises him.

He says: "I'm Ken. cosgrove. Accounts!"

Thats it. It always cracks me up though.

I'm trying to think of a video game one, though...

May 5, 2010
"YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID THE FINE!"
"I saw a mudcrab, the other day. Fearsome creatures."
"Is he mad?"
"He'll hurt someone carrying on like that!"
"Isn't a decency law that applies to just such an occaision?"[or, you know, something like that]
"He must be late. And she must be beautiful." [As we all know, jokes only get funnier the more you hear them!]
"ThAnK YoU, KiNd SiR!"[that's the only way I could think of to visually represent a smeagol-voice]

Yeah, that's all I got.

amoamaremetallum

Nov 28, 2010
This is America, where a lying cheating degenerate can prosper.

RDR trailer, isn't actually even structured like that in the game, but it still stuck out to me.