Fable II on PC: Not Gonna Happen

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
The opinions on Fable among the PC crowd confuse me. Fable was massively mediocre at best. Fable 2 sucked. Fable 3 sucked even harder. How anyone ever cared about Fable is beyond me. A bad game series that treats PC gamers like second class citizens shall not be mourned.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
All i'll say is, Fable II is the ONLY time i've ever fallen asleep actually PLAYING a game... it's more boring than Question time with Nick Clegg.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
The only negative thing I see here is PC gamers won't be able to play 1,2 and 3 in succession and finally have a full length game!

... my god were those bloody games short as hell

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Kevlar Eater said:
It's like Micro$oft wants this game to fail.
I've always wondered why people spell the name that way? Because they make money?

OT: I liked Fable 2, but at this point, I wouldn't have expected a port to the PC.
Still, I can't blame anyone who does not get Fable 3 for the PC. No demo = a lot of no buys.

Perhaps this is an effort to say "Look, just focus on making games for the Xbox, you cannot sell them on the PC".

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
Not owning a 360 but having reasonably enjoyed the original Fable, I have to admit that when I had heard Fable 3 was coming to PC I did check to see if Fable 2 had been released for it so I could catch up.

I can't imagine that I am that alone in the people that they are going to miss 2 sales from since I won't be picking up the third one without having played the second.

Mass Effect did this with the PS3 too, even though they at least made the game 'revamped' in a lot of ways to make up for the fact that the earlier game couldn't be played on the same console and carried over. Even giving what supposedly amounted to a heightened gaming experience came off lousy to me when the earlier episodes aren't available to that same segment of gamers, and Fable isn't even offering that.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
CM156 said:
Kevlar Eater said:
It's like Micro$oft wants this game to fail.
I've always wondered why people spell the name that way? Because they make money?

OT: I liked Fable 2, but at this point, I wouldn't have expected a port to the PC.
Still, I can't blame anyone who does not get Fable 3 for the PC. No demo = a lot of no buys.

Perhaps this is an effort to say "Look, just focus on making games for the Xbox, you cannot sell them on the PC".
I think they spell it that way because they feel MS are the kind of people who would abduct your children and sacrifice them to Warhammer 40000's chaos gods so they could enter our world and end existence if said gods offered them a penny. I woudn't put it past MS to be honest.

This really doesn't surprise me at all. I can't remember a time I didn't suspect that MS wanted PC gaming to fail.

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
As a PC Gamer, I'd be lying if I said I care.
Same here. Microsoft's return to the PC (Fable 3 without Fable 2, a bastardization of Age of Empires, a consolized Flight Simulator and I don't even remember which one was the fourth one) only goes to show how much Microsoft despises PC gamers.

And GFWL should be examined by the Geneva Convention.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
"Unfortunately for Fable II fans, those same coders are already working on new projects and going back to a Fable II conversion isn't a priority I'm afraid."
Unfortunately for you, your game isn't a priority to me and a lot of other people.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Of course the truth is that Fable II wasn't released for PC because Microsoft wanted us to buy Xboxes.

Now, the original Fable wasn't exactly fantastic anyway, and the series hasn't become more enjoyable since then either.

Giddi

Feb 5, 2008
omicron1 said:
Fable III on PC: Not gonna buy it.

I'm sorry, MS, but you've dug your own grave here, ...

To sum up: You (MS) don't care about us, so I don't care about you.
This. I enjoyed Fable 1, but I won't be buying Fable III for this reason.

Radoh said:
How does this qualify as news? Didn't we already kinda figure that out when Fable III happened?
Not really, when studios have a new release on steam they will often prepare and release the back catalogue with it. The option of Fable I and II on steam was an outside possibility... (well, Fable I at least as it was already ported to PC)

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
...How is this BAD?

Bad is the fact that you won't return to Fable 1 and actually make THAT game. Bad is the fact that you moved AWAY from your original dreams. Bad is the fact that we have guns.

Bloody, bloody guns.

The only good thing about Fable 3 was sir walter: BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLS!

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Shit games anyways, but I love how they'll be all like "we didn't sell hardly any games on PC!" when you're half assing it from the beginning.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I can give reasonable assumptions on the gameplay and story of Fable 3 from it's predecessors. Definitely not a game I need to buy right away.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Just my humble opinion, but biiiiiig mistake. Fable II was tolerable, if not for a fun romp the first time around. But with all of the absurd changes in Fable III like completely ditching the menu in favor of Professor Willypop's Fantastical, Imaginary Mansion inside the Avatar's Head, I don't think that most PC gamers will take kindly to being neglected for so long just to pay full price for an installment 360 owners have already forgotten about that happens to be missing its precursor on the PC! For crying out loud, PC players are getting the dumbed down version of a game they will never get to play!!! Professor Willypop and I bid such insanity adieu!