Facebook Buys The Escapist for $90 Million - Update

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Oh come on. You could do better than that. You could have turned the entire website upside down. This is just lazy.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Well, I think it's finally time. Where did I put that Webley...?

BRB.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I am sad. Now this means that Facebook buying Rift may not have been an elaborate prank as I had hoped, but may indeed be real.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Lot of moaning from the forum trolls as usual, but, I got a good kick out of seeing 'will be transitioning from the company in May'.

That Jim Sterling quote killed me...

Nicely done, gents.
It's a joke right....?

RIGHT? D:

Sarcasm.

Jan 31, 2014
*slow clap*
TopazFusion said:
Does this mean I get a pay rise? AWW YIS!
maybe you'll get outsourced to IGN (I don't even know who you are or what you're role is here, please don't murder me verbally)

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
mirage202 said:
Why not layout changes for the day? If you are going to do it, do it with style!
This was extra funny to pub club members, as they did roll out the new layout beta today.

Anyway, knew this wasn't true, because I wasn't immediately accosted by popups asking me to sign in with my Facebook credentials, like those scammy little stores that advertise on FB and require you to login through it to access the store.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Just remember it could all be worse.

Dark Souls 3, Medievil Warfare. Epic fantasy FPS. Cover-based crossbow shooting and QTEs. Big multiplayer focus.
Witcher 3. Mass Effect 3 style multiplayer. Save the world with your friends!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Best thing would be if this is true and everyone thinks it's BS due to the date xD
Now that would be funny!!!

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
THE SINGULARITY IS COOMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

HIDE YO CHILDREN

... But then, we could get high definition videos for FREE! That's good!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I know it's April Fools, Escapist, but the best pranks are ones that are actually believable.
You know, something like this:
Jandau said:
"Facebook Buys The Escapist for a Starbucks gift card and a Magic: The Gathering booster pack" :p

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
IMHO you guys should've set the 'working prototype' ( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/facebook ) as the default for today. The article is good, but that would've been _great_ and likely would've gotten the site a lot more attention.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
*wake up; read Twitter*

"Brace yourselves. April Fools is coming. Expect a million 'Facebook buys X' jokes." Sure. No one lacks that much creativity.

*checks the Escapist*

God damn it.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I'm amazed at how many people fell for this. I saw the title and said "no they didn't!" I didn't even bother to read the article to convince me otherwise.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
This is actually one of the better A-Fools day pranks I've seen in a while. Its topical(Facebook buying frenzy), scary, borderline believable and damned if it doesn't cause butthurt in those exact people who really need their butt hurt.
Well played