Facebook Gamer Who Let Son Drown Gets 10 Years

Heppo

Feb 16, 2011
Stammer said:
This is tragic, but I find it hard to feel mad at this woman because it seemed like more of a casual accident than because of complete and utter negligence. It's not like her son starved to death because she'd been playing WoW for 72 straight hours.

What I find to be even worse is the fact that she's got 10 years for this, while someone who kills someone deliberately (or maybe under the influence of some kind of substance) only gets a couple of months to a couple of years.
I totally agree about the sentance length. She pleaded guilty and it was an accident. Must of been a harsh judge.

Heppo

Feb 16, 2011
Spangles said:
Heppo said:
Stammer said:
This is tragic, but I find it hard to feel mad at this woman because it seemed like more of a casual accident than because of complete and utter negligence. It's not like her son starved to death because she'd been playing WoW for 72 straight hours.

What I find to be even worse is the fact that she's got 10 years for this, while someone who kills someone deliberately (or maybe under the influence of some kind of substance) only gets a couple of months to a couple of years.
I totally agree about the sentance length. She pleaded guilty and it was an accident. Must of been a harsh judge.
SHE KILLED HER CHILD THROUGH NEGLECT.

There are some things that CANNOT be brushed aside just because she said sorry...Anyway, it's more than likely she was used as an example to others to behave their bloody selves and screw the nut.
I didn't mean she shouldn't go to prison. It's just compared to other cases in the news that have been malicious and purposful. I thought given the circumstances she would of got 5 years.

My view is probably effected by British law. People seem to always be getting shorter sentences than I think is right over here.

Its a sad thing to think that people have to be shocked into looking after their children. At least when I have kids my wife wont be to fussed about games. :)

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Well, that just tragic. I wouldn't call her a stone cold ***** or anything, just plain stupid.