Facebook: Your Cat Is a Public Figure, Not a Person

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
you know what?..I dont even like cats

and I liek them even less than I did before since the internet has some weird obsession with them

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Mike Kayatta said:
Though different from the other profiles set for the purge - including both "duplicate" (people who create more than one profile, say one for work and one for play)
You know that's actually a pretty smart thing to do, especially with all the nonsense about people loosing their jobs over stupid Facebook behavior. Why would... ah fuck it nobody in here gives a shit about that.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Banning cats from the internet? That like banning heat from the sun.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Those bastards! Right, I am going to make a facebook page for all the chickens and ducks we have. Even the dead animals we have in the fridge.

Vhite said:
Banning cats from the internet? That like banning heat from the sun.
my avatar agrees

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
The cats are thinking "finally, the humans are starting to recognise our superiority!"

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I like dogs... so yeah, I'm quite indifferent on the matter.

And... Facebook profiles for pets?... the more you know.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
After this announcement Facebook will prolly announce a new site called petbook or some such

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Andy Shandy said:
I wonder if this will apply to the profiles that people create for their babies, with the pictures of the ultrasound as the display picture and shit.
That's a thing?

Only in America. At least I hope so. Haven't seen anything like that around here.
Nope, it's happened with some of my "friends" (and I use the word tenuously) here in the UK. They were soon promptly deleted.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
SkarKrow said:
Binnsyboy said:
SkarKrow said:
Binnsyboy said:
SkarKrow said:
Fappy said:
CLmichaels said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I got a bad feline about this.
That pun was pawful. This post was worth my Escapist virginity.
That was a pretty classy way to pop the cherry there. Cat puns 4 life.
There's nothing quite like a pun with purrfect delivery after all.

Seems retarded, don't care about face book anyway, I only came here for the puns.
These puns really are giving me paws for thought. I'm not kitten around here!
Ah my brains frozen now I can't think of any more!! DD:

I'm sure the escapist forum must have some claws about being fruitlessly off topic with nothing but puns.
I'm mewved almost to tears by the dedication of this forum to bad puns.
I think you'll find puns rock!

Granite, we've had some stinkers, but you have to marble at some people's ingenuity.
Ah classy stuff, I think we've ran the cat ones into the ground though. Oh well, I'm sure they'll come up again.
don't tell me the puns have gone catatonic already?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
direkiller said:
SkarKrow said:
Binnsyboy said:
SkarKrow said:
Binnsyboy said:
SkarKrow said:
Fappy said:
CLmichaels said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I got a bad feline about this.
That pun was pawful. This post was worth my Escapist virginity.
That was a pretty classy way to pop the cherry there. Cat puns 4 life.
There's nothing quite like a pun with purrfect delivery after all.

Seems retarded, don't care about face book anyway, I only came here for the puns.
These puns really are giving me paws for thought. I'm not kitten around here!
Ah my brains frozen now I can't think of any more!! DD:

I'm sure the escapist forum must have some claws about being fruitlessly off topic with nothing but puns.
I'm mewved almost to tears by the dedication of this forum to bad puns.
I think you'll find puns rock!

Granite, we've had some stinkers, but you have to marble at some people's ingenuity.
Ah classy stuff, I think we've ran the cat ones into the ground though. Oh well, I'm sure they'll come up again.
don't tell me the puns have gone catatonic already?
No I came up with a few more amewsing ones immediately after I posted that, they should be somewhere though.

Such a concentration of puns could be catastrophic for productivity! It's certainly distracting me.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Now all that's left is baby profiles, soon facebook, soon, oh and those stupid facebook profiles advertising a company or product like lynx or other things.

Nov 28, 2007
NuclearShadow said:
I wonder if Vegans will object to this after all animals are people too according to them.
Clearly this is discrimination against people and Vegans should be up in arms any minute now.
I can't wait till hear PITA's official statement on the matter.
Two things. First, most vegans aren't animal rights activists, and especially not on the level of PETA. They just don't believe in killing animals for the sake of meaty goodness, or eating animal products. By your standards, this guy is an animal activist.

Secondly, it's PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, not PITA, which is a type of bread. Also, they are probably pretty happy, since it means cats now have celebrity status.

F3ck

Oct 19, 2011
Jesus, this site is full of idiots.

Facebook knows they cannot harvest data from your pets - so the account is useless to them.

Why work to maintain these animal pages when there's no useful information that can be mined?

Nevermind the cats - I cannot believe how many sheep there are.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
F3ck said:
Jesus, this site is full of idiots.

Facebook knows they cannot harvest data from your pets - so the account is useless to them.

Why work to maintain these animal pages when there's no useful information that can be mined?

Nevermind the cats - I cannot believe how many sheep there are.
It's a data farm, it's supposed to have sheep.

3AM

Oct 21, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Wait a minute! I just realized what this thread needs! It's so obvious!

That's just soooo right! (I think it's the hat)