Fallout 3 bugs

Jonny The Kay

Dec 21, 2008
If you put to many things in the file by your bed in Megaton they start to disappear. Which is how I lost my MIRV on my good karma file.

OmniDesol

The Ultimate Omnimancer
Dec 28, 2009
The glitch in the quest with the giant tree, where if you don't activate the cutscene at the right time, you can't get to the tree's heart, because the game stops you, while trying to activate a cutscene that never comes. The only way I was able to complete that quest after that was to take the SUPER EVIL ending, and burn the tree down.

That, and on the PC version of Fallout 3, and Oblivion, my dev console button never works, so I couldn't noclip past it.

Although it is funny for Three Dog to give the whole Messiah spiel, just to go into a rant about how I'm a huge jerk for burning down the last tree in existence.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
The worst bug of all is when the game freezes after you loaded a save,good luck loading the "other" save and "remake" your progress again.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I've encountered an annoying bug where my character won't stop attacking, the game just acts like I'm constantly hitting the attack button.

This happens when I'm using my 360 control pad or my mouse, and is present on every save I load. I can't be bothered to re-install and restart the game, so I'll just have to be content with not finishing it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Good morning blues said:
lacktheknack said:
Good morning blues said:
There is a bug where, if you walk out the front entrance of Galaxy News Radio after getting the mission to fix the broadcast dish from Three Dog, once you complete the quest, the front door will be locked and require a key. Speaking to the intercom will give you an "I already unlocked the door!" You can pick a lock to get back in, but the difficulty is 100 and all of the Brotherhood guards will attack you.
The workaround is to find the back-door route, back where you first come out of the subways, I think.
The back door stands at the top of a sheer cliff. You can't climb back up.
Huh... I did... It requires a bit of jumping, but there was definitely a rubble path up there.

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
CJackson95 said:
never encountered any major game threatening glitches whilst on the xbox 360 strangely, but the funniest one ever is where the Deathclaws randomly shoot up vertically into the air, then never come back down. God that made me laugh so hard the first time it happened.
That must have been great.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
When the game crashes for no apparent reason.
My friend experienced a bug in which he was no longer able to turn his character.
Enemies sometimes get stuck in the world geometry.
Floating stuff. Items like T51b that you can never repair.
Pretty much every bug, glitch, and oversight in Fallout 3 angers me.

Jonny The Kay said:
If you put to many things in the file by your bed in Megaton they start to disappear. Which is how I lost my MIRV on my good karma file.
Did you try pressing the 'Take All' option? Because Oblivion had a bug in which items would not appear in the list you get when you activate a container. But pressing 'Take All' would add all the missing items back into your inventory.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Deathclaws = bad
Randomly spawning deathclaws = FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
I've never run into a bug. Hell, it doesn't even crash anymore, though I learned it only crashed because alt-tabbing with bethesda games is bad.

The Paradigm

Oct 12, 2009
On 360, where corpses suddenly leap 10 feet in the air and their limbs twitch and stretch so much it looks like Gumby having a seizure.

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
The Paradigm said:
On 360, where corpses suddenly leap 10 feet in the air and their limbs twitch and stretch so much it looks like Gumby having a seizure.
lol, that was hilarious. I guess a slight bug would be me shooting things that don't explode when you crit them and they shoot into the air like 5 feet, but I figured that was just a vats "teehee physics" bonus.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
That entire bloody game was a bug! I couldn't progress for more than an hour without some kind of crash happening.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Rocket-Man Deathclaws. I primarily use the Deathclaw Gauntlet,so you can see why this annoys me to no end.
Also,teleporting enemies. I'm about to deliver the final blow when,POOF! They vanish and appear behind me. And thus brutally raping me.
And finally,the "Miscalibrated" Sniper scope. You know what I'm talking about.

D YellowMadness

Mar 9, 2010
One of the ant guardians glitched through the ground so I shot the queen's antennae (thus messing up the optional part of the quest) because I thought she'd kill it with her acid but she couldn't get him so I had to wait for him to glitch out of the ground so I could do it. Then I ran out while being attacked by the queen ant. I told the professor so he went to work on the computer where the queen is. When I got back she was glitched into the stalagmite wall and trying to kill the scientist but missing so I had to kill her because she was gradually escaping from the wall.

The weird thing is you get good karma for it and he continues his work without complaint even though he said he wouldn't be able to do it if you kill the queen.

Also, I saw that flying deathclaw thing CJackson mentioned but he did it a bunch of times in a row and there was another deathclaw sticking out of the next building and growling at me so I tried to shoot him but before I could he disappeared.

Mar 9, 2010
Jamash said:
I've encountered an annoying bug where my character won't stop attacking, the game just acts like I'm constantly hitting the attack button.

This happens when I'm using my 360 control pad or my mouse, and is present on every save I load. I can't be bothered to re-install and restart the game, so I'll just have to be content with not finishing it.
This happened to me on the 360. I just had to restart the console to fix it though. I've had no other big bugs after that.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
Jamash said:

This happened to me on the 360. I just had to restart the console to fix it though. I've had no other big bugs after that.
Strange that it also happens to me on the PC, like it's a bug common to the core game files on both systems.

Frustratingly, restarting the game or my computer doesn't seem to fix it, and like I said I can't be bothered trying to re-install the game and start a new game file.