Fallout 3 Help

Nom Pretentieux

Aug 2, 2010
LWS666 said:
Nom Pretentieux said:
Mr Montmorency said:
LightOfDarkness said:
When you get to the metro by Arefu (forget the name) the one where you can sell sugar bombs to the Ghoul there for 15 caps apiece, kill him and his partner. His partner has a Chinese Assault Rifle as well as combat armor, which is pretty good. Also, you can find tons of crap in their boxes, and some ammo as well.
Or you can make massively more than that by haggling him to give you 300 caps per sugar bombs, instead of playing like an idiot and killing everyone who could be of use.
snarl snarl grrr...

Yeah, so basically I was doing the same thing here I did in the first mass effect, I kept thinking "The game probably wants me to progress a bit more in the story before I do these sidequests", but contrary to ME, Fallout actually bit me in the ass for it. I am plowing through sidequests in and around megaton now, and am starting to see the appeal of the game!
you just wake up from cryosleep or something? why did you reply to a year-and-a-bit topic?

i'm not critiquing (a word i can't spell) i'm just curious.
Sorry?

Anyways, I have boosted my INT a BIT up in the beginning, but not by that much, think it's 7. I think I'll do by just fine, don't think I'll need to restart the game. Just wondering though, am I missing much on my first playthrough by not having the dlc's from the get go? was originally planning to get them all after I've finished the main storyline, but now people are saying how some of them are actually good to have early on. Should I reconsider?

the_abhorsen

Mar 15, 2009
Moonpooman said:
the_abhorsen said:
Go find the alien blaster. Alien blaster=Things are looking hairy, they're no longer looking hairy.
Before you do this, read my last post CAREFULLY.

Moonpooman said:
If you want to get it you HAVE to disable the Mothership Zeta DLC. You can't get close to it without activating the DLC. Afterwards it will be missing.

DO IT.
not true. I started up a new playthrough the other day, did the MZ DLC and still managed to pick up the blaster after.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
You have a pretty good build for combat honestly (both melee and ranged).

- with a low charisma it'll be harder to open up special chat dialogues likely (so save alot before you talk)
- get lockpick, repair and (optional) science to 100 and prob sneak since you're a ninja
- Find Mora in Megaton (I believe you can do this on good or evil) and do her "clear out the Super Duper Mart" mission for her book. You'll find lots of good gear in there right away. If you have repair, the armor you find there is decent once fixed up a bit.

*edit* next level up bump up int right away and get the learning perk too (forget the proper name) so you gain extra skill points each level

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Midnight Crossroads said:
There's only one wrong way to play Fallout 3 early game, and that's to run towards Old Olney.

Deathclaws will murder you.
They just want you to be their friend. The murdering is incidental.

Ertol

Jul 8, 2010
Well your build is fine, I used the hunting rifle for pretty much the entire game until i got the alien blaster that vaporized things. If you aren't, try using VATS a lot. The game gets really easy once you actually get power armor, because at that point you can take a lot more damage.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
If you're really having trouble finding good equipment, you might also try the Operation: Anchorage DLC. It's a pretty easy quest and gives you tons of great items including power armor that never degrades, a suit that makes you nearly invisible, and the gauss rifle (one of the better weapons in the game).

billybob721

Mar 23, 2010
Try to get your repair up and find some raider armour iirc it has a higher DR rating than the armoured vault suit and you can repair it, also get a hunting rifle and repair it as much as possible that thing has saved my life in DC countless times.

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
Nom Pretentieux said:
LWS666 said:
Nom Pretentieux said:
Mr Montmorency said:
LightOfDarkness said:
When you get to the metro by Arefu (forget the name) the one where you can sell sugar bombs to the Ghoul there for 15 caps apiece, kill him and his partner. His partner has a Chinese Assault Rifle as well as combat armor, which is pretty good. Also, you can find tons of crap in their boxes, and some ammo as well.
Or you can make massively more than that by haggling him to give you 300 caps per sugar bombs, instead of playing like an idiot and killing everyone who could be of use.
snarl snarl grrr...

Yeah, so basically I was doing the same thing here I did in the first mass effect, I kept thinking "The game probably wants me to progress a bit more in the story before I do these sidequests", but contrary to ME, Fallout actually bit me in the ass for it. I am plowing through sidequests in and around megaton now, and am starting to see the appeal of the game!
you just wake up from cryosleep or something? why did you reply to a year-and-a-bit topic?

i'm not critiquing (a word i can't spell) i'm just curious.
Sorry?
the post before you was 27 april 2009

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
LWS666 said:
the post before you was 27 april 2009
While the first post of this thread is from the 13. of August.

Odd.

the_abhorsen said:
Moonpooman said:
the_abhorsen said:
Go find the alien blaster. Alien blaster=Things are looking hairy, they're no longer looking hairy.
Before you do this, read my last post CAREFULLY.

Moonpooman said:
If you want to get it you HAVE to disable the Mothership Zeta DLC. You can't get close to it without activating the DLC. Afterwards it will be missing.

DO IT.
not true. I started up a new playthrough the other day, did the MZ DLC and still managed to pick up the blaster after.
That was not what happened to me.
I walked over to the alien crash site, tried to get the Alien blaster, was beamed into Mothership Zeta, Did the DLC, Went down again, the Spaceship and blaster was missing.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
I've never had any real problems, with any enemy on any difficulty.
Except for ones that can't be beaten by fighting gun to gun. IE Death claw.
That's the joy of it playing as a real time FPS, you can use real world cover and any weapons you'd like.

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
I've restarted my character and it's been a lot easier. Well, my Charisma is 1, but my Int is at 9, which helps a lot. Should I take the "Bloody Mess" perk?

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
Siuki said:
I've restarted my character and it's been a lot easier. Well, my Charisma is 1, but my Int is at 9, which helps a lot. Should I take the "Bloody Mess" perk?
Yes, please.

Nom Pretentieux

Aug 2, 2010
Moonpooman said:
mike141 said:
i just went around hunting raders till level like 10
What have radars ever done to you?
lolXD

So, I'm working through the "Those!" quest, and was just wondering, how dangerous is the journey to rivet city? I'm level 6, should I wait??

megacat

Jun 6, 2010
dude just mess around kill radroches and mole rats if you get board with that turn it down to easy and go to GNR start easy then once you get to level 10 or so realy start to follow the story

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
Nom Pretentieux said:
Moonpooman said:
mike141 said:
lolXD

So, I'm working through the "Those!" quest, and was just wondering, how dangerous is the journey to rivet city? I'm level 6, should I wait??
It's easy. I was at rivet city around the same level. Careful of Super mutants though. Take em out with hunting rifle peek shots.

Nom Pretentieux

Aug 2, 2010
Siuki said:
Nom Pretentieux said:
Moonpooman said:
mike141 said:
lolXD

It's easy. I was at rivet city around the same level. Careful of Super mutants though. Take em out with hunting rifle peek shots.
Thank you!

Yeah, gonne need some damn ammo for thatXD

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
I tend to play on Very hard with almost no problems at all. Just lay your hands on a nasty weapon and keep pressing "v"

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
megacat said:
dude just mess around kill radroches and mole rats if you get board with that turn it down to easy and go to GNR start easy then once you get to level 10 or so realy start to follow the story
Welcome to the Ecapist! Or, if you've already been on the Escapist, welcome to the Ecapist forums. If you've already been scanning the Escapist forums, welcome to actually posting on an Escapist forum.