Fallout 3 - Point Lookout DLC's Latest News

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
What does it mean when the first thing i saw were the drugs in the bottom screenshot and thought "those will pay for 1 missile or 5 magnum bullets"?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
WrongSprite said:
Gilbert Munch said:
The screenshots - did I just fall into Cyrodiil?
I can't see why that would be the case.

It looks NOTHING like Cyrodil.
It does, however, look sufficiently like Dementia in the Shivering Isles to hold up a comparison.

I'm predictably looking forward to this.

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
Good:
-these mutants look awesome. more like real mutants less like Gear's locust aliens.
-swamp enviroment look interesting.

Bad:
-level action rifles not new, ahem Lincolns repeater?
-the head on that axe looks weak and small. more like a sharpened hammer.
-there is already a double barrel shotgun mod. so unless your a consoler not a huge deal.

I wonder how good mele weapons will be. Seems kind of pointless making new mele weapons when mele in fallout 3 is extremely basic and weak.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I'm still hoping they'll make a DLC set somewhere in Europe, it would be interesting to see what happened to it in the fallout world, (and didn't tenpenny manage to come across from England to America? if he can do it then so can you), but this looks good as well, it may be the first DLC I buy for Fallout.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Banok said:
Bad:
It's meant to be, but most likely to sort out the ammo issues. I would think it uses .32 caliber rounds, instead of .44 magnum rounds, which are quite rare.

george144 said:
I'm still hoping they'll make a DLC set somewhere in Europe, it would be interesting to see what happened to it in the fallout world, (and didn't tenpenny manage to come across from England to America? if he can do it then so can you), but this looks good as well, it may be the first DLC I buy for Fallout.
Yup, he's an English immigrant. I would like to see this myself, but more specifically one in England. The UK has been mentioned in the previous games, but we've seen nothing of it.

Bethesda says that they doubt they'll make anymore DLC though, but as Jeff Gardner said, they thought they weren't going to make any more after Broken Steel. Now they're made two more, so who knows?

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
george144 said:
It would be interesting to see other "points of interest" around the world in the times of Fallout 3. Maybe with DLC being what it is, they'll be able to give us a pretty sizeable chunk of at least the eastern seaboard of the US and Canada, maybe with peeks into areas such as Vegas and Chicago. Maybe even get over to China to see what's going on over there post-war.

Get Jiggy

Apr 14, 2009
Antiparticle said:
All well and good, but what I really want to know is, will the level cap be raised again?? Need... more... XP...
But at level 30 practically all skills where at 100 anyway (well all the ones i care about, seriously who got barter to 100?) so there's no point in going any higher.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
Banok said:
Bad:
It's meant to be, but most likely to sort out the ammo issues. I would think it uses .32 caliber rounds, instead of .44 magnum rounds, which are quite rare.

george144 said:
Yup, he's an English immigrant. I would like to see this myself, but more specifically one in England. The UK has been mentioned in the previous games, but we've seen nothing of it.

Bethesda says that they doubt they'll make anymore DLC though, but as Jeff Gardner said, they thought they weren't going to make any more after Broken Steel. Now they're made two more, so who knows?
I hope they keep going, they're really the only ones exploring the potential and limits of DLC, and I'm willing to keep forking out 15 bucks if the quality of the content is good.

This MAY be set in the commonwealth, or somewhere in close to the Commonwealth. Or it could be in the Appalachian mountains (remember DC is right next to Maryland, on location shot of deliverance). The Swamplands though suggest either Lousiana, or more likly, West Virginia (Ah don't want to vote for Barack Obama cause i've had enough o the name, Hussein). Infact i'd bet my confederate hat on it. Anyone catch that by the way? Oh man, Mutant reinactors would be so awesome. In anycase I'm calling it right now, West Virginia on the fringe of the common wealth.

If they're exploring lovecraftian themes, then these hillbillys are supposed to be like the Fishmen from Shadow over Innsmouth I suppose, created from interbreeding with aliens. Either that or they'll juse use the ubiquitous RADIATION DID IT explaination.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I wish that Bethesda would find a way to make more integrated DLCs rather than modular ones. Every other DLC so far, you've pretty much had to leave all your items and sidekicks behind while you run off and do the quests. I'd like them to just expand the world map as it is.

But I'm still very excited for the new content. I might even make a new character, just for it. (That will be my sixth character to date.)

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Bored Tomatoe said:
Holy shit! Do I finally get to play in the Post apocolyptic deep south?? YES!
Depends if you regard Maryland as the 'deep south'... it's based on a real place [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Lookout_State_Park].

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
thecaptainof said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Holy shit! Do I finally get to play in the Post apocolyptic deep south?? YES!
Depends if you regard Maryland as the 'deep south'... it's based on a real place [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Lookout_State_Park].
Aww it's only in maryland? I wanted post Apacolyptic Alabama... Or georgia... I want destroyed version of my homestate dammit!

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
Yeah i can't believe that will be true considering how the game engine and 95% of the architecture is done. They must be making far more money (per man hour) than making the full game itself what with designing the graphics from the ground up and other shenanigan. Here they just add some characters, weapons, design some not that large locations and do a little testing and it keeps the fans happy and makes them cash. my guess is they will keep doing this, maybe not one a month, until they've produced the next fallout. It gives them some cash flow so they're not as under pressure as other developers.

PS im a huge fan of Fallout 3, its DLC and the concept of DLC in general.

EnglishMuffin

Oct 15, 2008
Well the music is nice and the layout looks good but it just doesn't seem to fit with the fallout theme. Are there any rpg elements at all anymore? I know that bethesda sucks at including rpg elements into their games but the whole clip was just shooting.

Someone tell me though when they buy it if the voice acing, AI, or animations have gotten any better. And I really want to know if the writing has reached mediocre yet.

FastFoot92

Jun 4, 2009
It would be interesting to see other "points of interest" around the world in the times of Fallout 3. Maybe with DLC being what it is, they'll be able to give us a pretty sizeable chunk of at least the eastern seaboard of the US and Canada, maybe with peeks into areas such as Vegas and Chicago. Maybe even get over to China to see what's going on over there post-war.[/quote]

Obsidian are already making a Fallout 3 semi-sequal in Las Vegas

opps on the quote
noob mistake;)