Fallout 3, will it be changed?

Strigon1

Jun 16, 2008
Everyone knows that fallout 3 was refused classification in Australia. But does anyone think that Bethesda will edit Fallout 3 to be released in Australia. The reason it was refused classification was due to the use of drugs, morphine in particuler. So the question is Will Bethesda edit Fallout 3? Or will the Aussies be forced to go GAME TRADERS ROBINA?

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
They'll probably edit it. I mean, how hard can it be to take some gore out of a game?

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
J'aen said:
They'll probably edit it. I mean, how hard can it be to take some gore out of a game?
You got the 'frosted mess' perk. You see the most delicious ending possible for every cake.

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Yes, how dare they edit a game slightly in order to make it available to a large number of fans?

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Though nothing stops computer owners downloading it, that's the fault Ive always seen with banned video games. But they will most likely edit it. Perhaps change the names of the drugs some what and reduce the gore, though if they over do the editing, there's no point in playing a 'broken' game.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
J'aen said:
Yes, how dare they edit a game slightly in order to make it available to a large number of fans?
It's a matter of Principal really. But I might feel differently If I was an aussie

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Dommyboy said:
Though nothing stops computer owners downloading it, that's the fault Ive always seen with banned video games. But they will most likely edit it. Perhaps change the names of the drugs some what and reduce the gore, though if they over do the editing, there's no point in playing a 'broken' game.
I hope they change the drugs to those dopey sounding sci fi drugs from tv sci fi movies.

neuroin for the win.

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Oh? I thought it was the gore. If it's the drugs, I'm not sure what they'll do.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
It was drugs. They said something about the morphine, probably changing it to a drink, we can only hope they don't over censor it to the point where it becomes a terribly unwitty kiddies game.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Dommyboy said:
It was drugs. They said something about the morphine, probably changing it to a drink, we can only hope they don't over censor it to the point where it becomes a terribly unwitty kiddies game.
Can you count to ten, Vault Dweller? 1...2...

metagaia

Random small pink blob
Jul 23, 2008
I can't see them being able to edit out such a fundamental part of the game. Perhaps if it raises enough of an outcry then they might be forced to reverse the decision. I'm curious why they released Haze and not Fallout though, both show the positive and negative of drug use, so I am seeing a certain lack of consistancy here.

sma_warrior

Jan 23, 2008
There must already be an edited version in the works - how else could the local Game store still be offering pre-orders? (Yes, they are well aware of the RC verdict).

Shamtee

Jan 23, 2008
I don't think they'll change the drug aspect in the game for the AU market - mainly due to that being one of the games stables in all the games. I don't think it being banned from sale will stop people getting there hands on it - unless they arrest you for owning a copy which i doubt.

Whoracle

Jan 7, 2008
See, that's why I buy my games imported from wherever it gets released uncut. As I'm from Germany, the local versions usually have almost nothing in common with the original games. And don't get me started on localisation *shudder*

If only more people did it my way, the censoring body in germany would have died a gruesome but deserved death long ago...

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Ah, ze Cherman government. As I understand it, they try too hard to be liked by everybody, so they just wind up pissing everybody off.

Saltiness

Dec 3, 2007
I believe that it was the images of the drugs (ie: syringes, realism etc) that were more of a major issue. Change the pictures, rename Heroin. Win. Pity the game looks dull.